Re: WATTSON’S ULTIMATE IS TOO NEUTRAL

by iBlockHead

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@WHITEyy6969Re: ultimate accelerants and bag space - I only play with a handful of wattson mains, but when I do - I'll actually carry an ult accelerant for them, 2 if I can if I get a level 2/3 backpack. I more or less forego grenades in order to do it but that lack of bombardment potential is more than made up for being able to have 3 of those shield generators down when the poop hits the spinny thing.

Message 11 of 17 (345 Views)

★ Guide
@Anlbrd That I can agree with. I mentioned before on another thread (maybe this one who knows) that stacking more than one of her Ultimates is very useful and therefore not awful.

As for carry accelerants for her then that's a trade off you have to consider. If I had a full team and played with a Wattson main I'd probably carry one to.
Message 12 of 17 (342 Views)

★★ Pro

If your team get a golden backpack and give it to Wattson the ul accelerants are eaten even faster.

Unlike the "toss and forget" potential with someone like Caustic and his gas traps : I think if you're going to play with a Wattson in your team in order to access the considerable advantages she brings you have to push for the situations where the advantage for her is strongest all the time.  The teams I've come up against who tailor their game to fit having Wattson around are brutal to fight.

My friends who main her basically run teams by getting up to 3P engage distance to teams fighting and set up what is more or less a forward operating base.  Team comp is usually Wattson + a defensive character like gibbles/caustic and then either lifeline for heals or wraith for merciless portalling in and out of trapped areas or through bad zone spots.

Once the above teams get either a gold helmet or gold backpack (or god forbid both) they're at a significant advantage if they can play the zone locations well as they are an absolute nightmare to push, provided the Wattson is good with positioning.

Wattson doesn't need a buff at all, she just needs good complementary teamplay. 

Message 13 of 17 (334 Views)

★★ Guide

I think with the issue of allied grenades being destroyed, I notice that throwing the grenade in a direction away from the wattson ult usually prevents the grenade from being destroyed, though I still need to test it a bit.

Message 14 of 17 (312 Views)

★★ Expert
@Adendon I've had this happen and now use it to my advantage. I use to throw nades from behind it and it would always destroy it until I stepped in front of it and now they just fly towards the enemy
Message 15 of 17 (311 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Tam3DK1LL3R Had the same issue just now. I tried to throw some grenades and my friendly wattson’s ult ate them up. We lost because we couldn’t put distance between us and the enemy.
Message 16 of 17 (204 Views)

★★ Expert
@GhillieSuitLlama This is an extremely dead thread.
You can throw grenades outwards, you just have to make sure they don’t land within the pylon’s aoe.
Message 17 of 17 (173 Views)