Valkyrie is Overpowered

by Rubber_Ducky122

Original Post

Valkyrie is Overpowered

★★ Apprentice

Valkyrie is way too powerful for a legend. First of all, her tactical. While her tactical doesn't do that much damage, and isn't too difficult to dodge, it applies not only a visual effect but an actual gameplay effect. Whenever you get hit by her tactical, your screen goes slightly blurry (like Bangalore's or Gibraltar's ultimate), except that you can't actually move very well. Your movement speed is significantly slowed, and even worse, mouse movement is also slowed. With this effect, it's almost as easy as shooting an AFK person, because they can't shoot back or move out of the way, which is way too powerful for a tactical. Take Fuse's tactical for example, it's quite similar, except his tactical does considerably less damage, is quite easy to dodge, and most of all does not apply any effects to the target (granted his tactical does kinda suck, but still). Worse even, her ultimate is the only legend's ability that allows the entire team to escape death so easily and quickly, and the only ability that can escape gatekeeping/choking. Any time you're in a bad position, you can just fly away with your whole team, as easy as that. I recently played a game where we ended up in a bad position three times, and every single time our Valkyrie just flew us away, and we ended up winning the game. This ability charges up way too quickly, and even with a much slower recharge time, it would still be quite overpowered. And it's not like her passive's bad, either. I don't think there's anything wrong with it, but having a really powerful passive, tactical, and ultimate is a bit much. 

Message 1 of 18 (3,376 Views)

Re: Valkyrie is Overpowered

★★★ Pro

Hey @Rubber_Ducky122 

While I agree Valkyrie is powerful, she's not overpowered.

While flying, she cannot use her weapons and is easy enough to shoot down. It's not good mid fight for these reasons, and although she can get into good positions with her VTOL Jets, so can a Pathfinder or Horizon.

Her Tactical is slightly too powerful, I agree, maybe they should remove the fact you move the camera a lot slower when stunned, but other than that it's not too bad. It's difficult to set up in time and if you take too long you can easily get punished so it's not overly oppressive in my opinion.

And her Skyward Dive ultimate is definitely really powerful. But she needs to relatively exposed to use it, and it can be shut down easily.

Valkyrie is really powerful, but she's not overpowered in any way.

Message 2 of 18 (3,361 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@CompleatBeet Is that not overpowered? Each of her abilities are really powerful, and despite her passive and tactical being relatively easy to counter, her tactical in particular is just too powerful. And as for her ultimate, sure, if you get shot while using it it gets cancelled, but the slowing animation only takes a couple seconds, and all you need to avoid getting shot is have a medium-sized rock in your way and you'll make it. And despite it being easy to cancel, if it does end up working, it can be game-changing more than any other legend's ability. Maybe "overpowered" is a bit too strong a word, but I think that either way, her ultimate at the very least should get nerfed.

Message 3 of 18 (3,345 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

she isn't really "overpowered", more like " overloaded" with functionalites. I believe this is because Respawn afraid of backlash if people think a new "Asian Women" isn't extremely powerful and would accuse them of racism - meanwhile my boi Fuse is still sitting at the lowest winrate bucket and begging for more buff. She can does literally everything with no significant downsides, from ring hacking, recon, third-party, 1v1 to disengage and get out of jail for her whole team, she can do it all. Her ultimate already proven to be game-breaking at the highest level of playing field. 

Honestly, I don't know how to balance her beside a rework. Her ultimate redefine completely the point of re-positioning and risk-taking while her tactical is way too good. But at least removing the stun effect from her missile would be a good start

Message 4 of 18 (3,309 Views)

★★ Novice

If anything, Valkyrie is balanced. She isn't overpowered nor weak. To be honest I would prefer them to keep Valkyrie the same for a while.

Message 5 of 18 (3,295 Views)

@Famous7mane She's only balanced because she fits into the current meta of "need for speed - needs more mobility"
Message 6 of 18 (3,286 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Rubber_Ducky122She is OP with jetpack + tactical. Ultimate seeing enemy in the air. Most unbalanced legend Apex history.

The game don't need another mobility, bombard, scan enemy, scan next ring, flying legend legend.

Message 7 of 18 (3,267 Views)

★★ Expert
@Rubber_Ducky122 Valkyrie is pretty balanced imo, her jetpack is a little strong movement wise to bamboozle the enemy team but other than that she isn’t too strong or too weak
Message 8 of 18 (3,217 Views)

Valkyrie is too OP

★ Guide

The Q (jetpack tactical) and ultimate is way too OP. She is broken. She broke entire game.

Message 9 of 18 (3,234 Views)

Re: Valkyrie is too OP

She's good but she is far from broken. She's easy to shoot out of the sky if you can aim, has animation locks while flying, her tactical is good but easy to avoid if you see it coming. Her ultimate is the best part because of rotation capability but she is balanced well. 

Message 10 of 18 (3,197 Views)