Re: This is unbelievable

by reifel1

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Crypto doesn't counter her that much. He destroys her fences instantly, but her ultimate will not be destroyed. Meaning, Wattson can setup fast after the 1-2 second stun ends from the EMP. I recommend popping 1 shield cell or a battery if you over 75+ shield low. Then setup quickly.

In my case, my team gets EMP in a building where I locked down a Caustic Death Box and level 1 and level 2. My ult is on the stairs between 1 and 2 floors. EMP through the walls. Since Wattson takes 5% more damage. EMP hit me for 52 damage. I pop 1 shield cell nearby my ultimate so I regen shields and get another 25 back while I'm still stunned. After the shield cell, I setup so fast thanks to my experienced fencing skills from Season 2. I killed Octane who tried to fight me on the stairs. I win easily because I'm high ground and it easy to headshot him. Thirst him and now his team has a solo Crypto with no EMP.

I killed him to after he shot at my Lifeline teammate.  

This means an experienced Wattson main will know how to counterplay an enemy Crypto. 

I'm not sure how many hours you have on Wattson. But what you type is just not true. 

Message 11 of 18 (488 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

They emp'd and stormed right through the door...it was impossible to put the fences back up. I get what you're saying though. Most of the time I'll have time to put the fences back up. It's just that I was really raging hard when they did that. I worked so hard setting up my beautiful fences that deal 10 damage. 😂 and her ultimate should zap cryptos drone...They won't do that though because they have a bias towards Wattson.

Message 12 of 18 (473 Views)

★ Guide
@L3m0ngr4b Everyone used her because she had a small body hbox with no nerf (at the time), she could set up her pylons quickly, she could stack her ult, and her traps didn't adversely effect teammates. On top of all that she had animation/visual clutter due to the pylons on her back, making her even harder to hit on top of her already small hbox. Capping kills and favoring camping in comp made her kind of a no brainer as a pick. I don't understand how people are confused about her popularity.
Message 13 of 18 (461 Views)

★★★ Pro
@L3m0ngr4b Crypto won't rush you. It has to be 1 or 2 people that will do it. Crypto will hurt himself and stun himself in his own EMP. During that time, the enemies will be unaffected by the stun effects unless thy still didn't heal their damaged shields.

When I EMP, my team are fight the enemies and I come to cleanup or finish whoever is alive. I also leave my drone nearby somewhere to spy on the targets so I know exactly where they are.

Buildings are a little different. The last Wattson I rushed wasn't due to her fences being back up. Their Wraith had a Turbo Charge Havoc and destroyed us when we pushed. Then again, that wattson could have setup again, she didn't do it. Her mind was on the fight and not locking down.

But in Rank, a series Wattson would lock up again.
Message 14 of 18 (458 Views)

★★★ Novice

I think you're over exaggerating about Wattson being so amazing and having a tiny hitbox. Making Wattson useless won't make the game easier for you btw...people will just rarely play her.

Message 15 of 18 (450 Views)

★ Guide
@L3m0ngr4b I'm not exaggerating. There are multiple youtube videos out there that coached players on how to make use of her weird animations in a gun fight, and her transluscent legendary skins actually show how much visual clutter is actually on her character. I don't think her hitbox is nearly as op as Wraith's or Lifeline's hitbox, but it is easily third best and deserving of the low profile nerf.
Message 16 of 18 (419 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@L3m0ngr4b
agree with you, but disagree at:
"
*interceptor pylon can no longer be destroyed by allies

*revert 5% damage penalty
"

because if you got pushed and swap places with the enemy,
now they have your pylon healing the enemy shield and cant destroy it

---
edit: i create a post for it: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Legends-Feedback/Wattson-QoL-Nodes-destruction-amp-placing-fences/m-p/8283...

@Leo_the_Lion25maybe you like this too,
one change they can do is:
nodes cant be destroyed by shooting it (only wattson's, she knows the weak point),
instead when shot or exploded they only unlink the connection (keeping the node alive but disabled)

* when placing fences, hold right button to use "grids" stick node to wall or perfect corner (get closest position to wall or corner)

* when placing fences, hold Q to use suggested places (or without hold Q)
it shows a purple preview "ghost nodes" that you can look to it and auto fit there (this help fast placement and well thinked) (imagine it as wattson brain suggestion)

Message 17 of 18 (403 Views)

★★ Guide

@heme725  Wattson has the Shield logo. Meaning she's a defensive type. Of course people are suggesting things to make her more defensive. If she were meant to be a support she would have the Plus logo, like lifeline or path.

Message 18 of 18 (373 Views)