Re: The only way to make Crypto useful

by Condor442

Original Post

The only way to make Crypto useful

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

We can all agree that Crypto seriously needs a big buff, He is left in the dust in tournaments and isn't used much in pubs at all. So here are my ideas about making Crypto useful and even be a valid option in tournaments/ranked:

1-Crypto new passive (ddos hack): Enemies HUD in Crypto or his drone area is glitched and their map shows Crypto logo instead, Cant ping, have a slightly distorted vision and hearing capabilities and keep hearing buzzing sounds. The effect becomes worse the closer the enemies to Crypto or his drone. Crypto can disable this ability.

2-Increase drone health to 50 HP, The drone receive another 50 HP when it is stationary.

3-EMP also deal full ddos hack effect to enemies and disable their passives for 30 seconds. It also instantly destroy any deployable. Reduce cooldown from 180s to 160s.

4-The drone can scan downed enemies or their deathboxes to reveal their teammates location for 5 seconds.

5-Reduce drone cooldown from 40s to 35s .

Edit: Additional passive: Crypto isn't visible on threat optics.

Message 1 of 16 (628 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@SERPENT_DESCEND

1. cool idea, not super necessary but I like how it fits his lore. however, lingering effects on enemies HUDs and audio systems is a pretty steep advantage.
2. Drone has enough health, and currently it appears people are having issues with the drone having much more health than it should.
3. you're basically giving Crypto his usual Ult AND Revenant's ability at the same time which is way too strong.
4.probably very useful but I often dont have time to control my drone to go looking for players in the middle of the fight. drone usually stays stationary or is moved somewhat close to enemies for an ult push.
5. I have no complaints about a cooldown reduction.
Message 2 of 16 (595 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Condor442 Thx for your opinion, Revenant can't disable passive abilities tho, The main point of this is to make trapping characters like caustic and wattson have more difficult time as caustic wouldn't be able to see in his gas traps and wattson can't deploy fences quickly because of her pylon. Also giving the drone additional health would make it much more annoying to try and shoot it down so Crypto can have his main ability (the drone) much more often working
Message 3 of 16 (567 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Condor442 Number 4 would be mostly a punishment for enemies who are too far from their teammates I don't think its best used during fights
Message 4 of 16 (564 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

1. hologram interface will allow Crypto to ping champion banners while drone is activated but not controlled

2. Live feed. While crypto is in control of the drone his team mates gets a live feed through the champion banners. Better carry a good scope if you're far away.

3. Increase detection range. Currently in the firing range crypto's drone can only detect two dummies at a time when set up in the middle. If crypto's drone can highlight all three dummies when set up in the middle I'll be satisfied. I suppose it's more of an increase of width than length.

4. Lower drone brightness and kill the noise while stationary it literally kills the element of surprise. A security camera is one thing that goes unnoticed and unheard. Make the drone the same way. If I set my drone up on the side of a canyon looking down at a pathway then I should be confident that it detects them before they see it. 

Message 5 of 16 (517 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Blasian311

1-Good addition but it's not needed that much as you can quickly just take controll of drone, see how many squads are in the area then log off.

2-Same case as number 1, Not a big deal in my opinion.

3-The problem with increasing detection range is that Crypto won't be able to know if his EMP is going to hit the enemies because rn if someone is scanned in the drone then you know they are in the range of the EMP.

4-Wouldn't be bad but remember the role of Crypto isn't a sneaky assassin, His main role is to know where the enemies are and weakening them, Your suggestions would also make the drone less distracting.
Message 6 of 16 (500 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I understand the point of giving the drone more health, but you have to give characters drawbacks for them to work in a game like this, otherwise they become too powerful. If Crypto's drone has more health, he won't have to be careful about how he gets it to where he wants it. it's a high- risk-reward ability because on one hand you get a great passive that shows you enemies that you cant see from where you are AND an EMP. both of these are a great advantage, but players need to have the ability to take the drone out otherwise they are guaranteed to be at a disadvantage.  

Message 7 of 16 (475 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Condor442 The drawback is having to be a sitting duck while relying on Literally the only thing that Crypto have which is his drone, Every other character can rely on multiple abilities while also keeping mobility. If that is not a big drawback for Crypto then I don't know what a drawback is. The main point of this suggestion was to give the drone more time in the air when Crypto log off from it right now the drone will get easily destroyed the moment you leave it
Message 8 of 16 (459 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@SERPENT_DESCEND If you aren't actively using the drone and flying it around, then giving it more health wont do anything but waste a couple extra bullets from the enemy. If you are in drone view, then frankly having more health means you have the potential to spend more time as a sitting duck. You aren't supposed to use his drone to fly directly at people. you're supposed to either sneak it around one of their sides(where they can't see you anyways), set it up in a chokepoint to cover a spot you aren't looking at, or prepare for an EMP. All three of these uses don't require a lot of health or time spent in drone view.
Message 9 of 16 (448 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Condor442 Those extra bullets from the enemy would make it hard to focus on destroying the drone when they are being pushed. Also how does the drone having more health means you would spend more time in it? This is completely dependent of the player skills as an expert player won't spend more than enough time to accomplish what they sent the drone for.
Message 10 of 16 (423 Views)