The new buffs and nerfs

by ONI_VR

Original Post

Re: The new buffs and nerfs

★★★★ Guide
@ONI_VR If you want all legends to be on an equal playing field in 1v1 situations how do you suggest making that a reality, especially when you consider factors like:
Hitbox size, and mobility and escapability/dodge ability during combat
Message 11 of 18 (347 Views)

★ Guide
@IAmTheMeddler Definitely not with low profile or fortified lol, slim down Gibraltar like they did with Pathfinder, make Wraith taller, that's it, that's all that needs to be done, Wraiths are really easy to kill especially if they haven't fully healed themselves
Message 12 of 18 (327 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@ONI_VR So make all the characters and their hit boxes the same size? I definitely don't agree with that.
Message 13 of 18 (317 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

You mad bro? Wraith had a already a nerf for being a low profile character, what's the point to nerff her to the ground? To make gibby more playable legend? They added 10!!!!! more seconds for her tacticall abillity (which lasts  4 seconds btw, and its not that hard to kill her) and plus they removed the speed bonus from Ulti+tacticall. So, what's the point of playing her now? I agree that gibby needed buff back in the days, but this is TOO OP. The hole point was to buff more weak legends like mirage, Bloodhound, octane that are kind of useless in ranked games and in tournaments,not an already tanky legend. Also, lifeline ALSO IS USELESS NOW.

Message 14 of 18 (301 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I agree with the way they are making things in sense of bigger hit box means a bit of a buff. Smaller hit box more damage. I've no issues with this. Fortified being 15% maybe a little overkill. 10% might be better. 

I'm also not saying he's overpowered but I don't agree with this change because he's taking from another legend. It was lifeline's shtick to be able to rezz faster and to heal faster. That's why you picked her. The care package was okay, and the heal drone isn't as useful as it was, especially since you can hear it a mile away.

His title is "Shielded fortress" not a medic. Right now what we have is a better lifeline with 15% damage reduction and a 75 extra front shield.

Message 15 of 18 (281 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Kenji-Kunn The low-profile "nerf" wasn't a nerf, it was a change to rebalance the legends based on their hitbox sizes. The 2 nerfs to her abilities this time around were a bit excessive, but I do think 1 of those changes were necessary to help bring further balance to her strong abilities.
The faster revive buff to Gibby was not necessary, as he already has strong abilities. Gibby is very strong and useful now, but I think it is hard to argue that single change all of a sudden made him the MOST OP LEGEND EVER like everyone is screaming. However, what I think they should do to balance him out more is decrease the gun shield by 50%.
As for lifeline, her passive ability of faster consumable use is arguably still the best passive in the game. But she has been overshadowed by Gibby now, so I think a good solution to make her a viable legend would be to return the chance of spawning gold items in her care package drops like in S1.
Message 16 of 18 (269 Views)

★ Guide
@IAmTheMeddler Again... you're putting words in my mouth, I recommended adjustments not overhauls
Message 17 of 18 (260 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@ONI_VR Kind of agree and disagree.
Gibraltar did need a buff post season 2 (like many other Legends), but I don’t believe he needed this most recent one. But it does make me wonder why they are turning Gibby in to a healer.

Wraiths cooldown I agree is too long now. Now that they have taken away the speed boost I would suggest the Devs look at taking away the void trail to balance the ability.

Finallu I’d agree that lesser characters need to start being buffed and leaving the popular ones alone for the time being. They’re popular for a reason...becuase they’re enjoyable and effective to use. The weaker characters such as Bloodhound, Crypto, Lifeline etc need buffs to make them more feasible choices.
Message 18 of 18 (228 Views)