The new buffs and nerfs

by ONI_VR

Original Post

The new buffs and nerfs

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Literally nobody asked for a Gibraltar buff, you've just made him mega OP while rendering Wraith and Lifeline useless, what are you shooting for here? This used to be a fast paced game and now the firefights last beyond what used to be fun, all it is now is just a race to the high ground instead of rushing. You cannot rush Gibraltar, you cannot do this since the start of season 3, every scrim is filled with gibraltars, ranked is filled with gibraltars, and during the last ring there are always gibraltars.

The 15% Fortified vs -5% Low Profile is unfair, there has never been a Wraith buff, only nerfs; why did you remove the only fun ability she had (portal speedboosting) while her ultimate is purely situational like Bangalore's?

There's literally no point to playing as her now, a 35 second cooldown is way too much, 25 seconds would've been "fine"; I understand that you're adjusting the G7 for S4 but with this gold rush mode why wouldn't you pick up something that is extremely good for both close range and long range?

You need to stop nerfing the fun legends and start buffing the legends that are least played instead, this Gibraltar meta is going too far and I sincerely hope that you revert Wraith and Gibraltar to how they worked in S2, while MAYBE giving Gibraltar something extra as long as it's BALANCED with EVERY OTHER LEGEND.

Thank you for your time, I've been playing since launch.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, the Crypto buff was needed, thanks for buffing him!

Message 1 of 18 (834 Views)

Re: The new buffs and nerfs

★★★★ Guide
@ONI_VR Wraith has never needed a buff because she has always been powerful with her abilities. Hence the reason why she is the most popular legend. A slight nerf to her will, in a way, retroactively make all the other legends more viable to play with.
Also, remember back in S2 when nobody played Gibraltor? Well, now he is a viable character to play with because of the buffs in this season. So, thank you Devs for making him useful. I really don't see why everyone thinks he is OP. Yes, he can take more damage, but he is also a lot easier to hit.
Message 2 of 18 (801 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@IAmTheMeddlerI never said Wraith needed a buff I was just pointing it out, I thought she was perfectly balanced in season 2, and that now the nerfs have gone too far.

You would probably feel the same way if it happened to you, and I would feel great if Wraith got buffed 50 times but I like to play fairly.

People choose the legends they love, because they're fun, portal boosting was really fun and there's 0 incentive to play as her now. Also you might wanna read what you just wrote at the last paragraph I don't mean it in a bad way, but "everyone thinks he is OP" and "he can take more damage" are big red flags, you forget that he can also block grenade damage with his gunshield and just recharge it with shield cells, gold shield gibraltars are the top priority and both teams usually know this.

Message 3 of 18 (791 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Putting Wraith aside, the problem I have with this buff in general is it's taking away from Lifeline. Now that his dome shield provides faster heals AND faster resurrections for the whole party. There's no point playing her. Yes she has a heal drone but Gibby has the air strike which is 100% more useful. Her care package has already been really weak because finding purple items isn't as rare as it was on King's Canyon. 

So either they are working on a complete rework on Lifeline or she's going to drop out to non-existence except for dedicated players.

Message 4 of 18 (783 Views)

★ Guide
@Athens_Shield 100% agree, my lifeline and wraith friends feel bad because of this update, it sucks so much that buffing Gibraltar means that it's an expense on other legends
Message 5 of 18 (765 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@IAmTheMeddler He is extra op after this buff. Change my mind.
Message 6 of 18 (722 Views)

@IAmTheMeddler I have never had a hard time killing a wraith. She's never been an issue for me and I thought she was a well balanced character. The speed of her in ultimate and void combo was the best part about her. She could slip a team in and out of situations in clutch moments if used right. Now her normal speed is making her too easy of a target while ulting and the extra 10 seconds makes her ability very sub par.
As for Gibby, all you need to do is read through the threads to see that 99% of people say he is way too strong. Being an easy target doesn't warrant all the abilities he now has. He has the passives and abilities of 2 legends as well as the most health in the game. There is almost no winning a 1v1 against him unless he is not good whatsoever. Everyone knows he is broken and there is no denying it.
Message 7 of 18 (717 Views)

★ Guide

Literally saw a high level Mirage in my team (the legend that needed to be buffed) get lasered by a gibraltar that got bamboozled by one of his decoys and had really bad aim, rezzed one of his teammates that downed us as Mirage was healing, full shield going up - gibraltar just took out his spitfire while being shot at by mirage (supposedly going for the head) and didn’t have an issue killing Mirage off getting the squad wipe, it was awful to see, gibraltar was like level 101 with 400+ kills 

Message 8 of 18 (694 Views)

★ Guide

They say “never 1v1 a Gibraltar”, okay, so what are you supposed to do when the other two are down? Are you supposed to run away from him just because he’s a shielded fortress? You should be able to 1v1 ANY legend with ANY legend

Message 9 of 18 (693 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@BaldWraithSimp The only thing they changed in this update is him being able to revive teammates in his bubble slightly faster.
This makes him a little more useful, but this in no way makes him more OP.
Message 10 of 18 (675 Views)