Re: The huge issue with Revenant that no one seems to be aware of

by StarMystro

Original Post

The huge issue with Revenant that no one seems to be aware of

★★★★★ Guide

Putting his lackluster abilities aside. The huge issue with Revenant is that he can't crouch spam and straif as fast as other legends. I have tested this myself in the firing range in 3d person mode. There is a short delay when he switches from standing to crouch, Apparently the devs made it this way so he won't get his fast crouch speed instantly when he crouch which is a huge disadvantage for him when he tries to dodge.

Message 1 of 4 (536 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@SERPENT_DESCEND Are you talking about that little "crouch-waggle" I see people try to pull on me? It's not "that" effective...
But I see what you're referring to don't get me wrong.
Message 2 of 4 (469 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@StarMystro Not sure why you think it's not that effective, Usually crouch spamming can dodge a lot of bullets and change the course of the fight if done right. But that's not the case for Revenant because of the delay upon switching form standing to crouching.
Message 3 of 4 (456 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@SERPENT_DESCEND Ehh it's just me probably- Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it works for plenty of other players. After evaluating my own "dodging-tendencies"... I find that I will usually: Strafe-jump-slide-crouch-and... dodge. But I do see players who will spam crouch repeatedly without moving a whole lot while still being able to dodge shots.
I tend to go for center mass when I'm that close anyways... so I end up getting a headshot or two.
Message 4 of 4 (449 Views)