Re: The Caustic Nerfs are Going to go WAY TOO FAR

by Deathshot721

Original Post

The Caustic Nerfs are Going to go WAY TOO FAR

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

These nerfs for Caustic in the upcoming collection event are way too extreme. They removed all viability from his gas, while also not giving him anything to compensate, and by nerfing his ultimate, they practically removed all ability for Caustic to be aggressive. Every time they have nerfed him, they haven’t given us any compensation. Especially in this instance, it has become a huge issue. I, and every other competent caustic main, are never touching this game again until they revert the nerf or compensate him in some way, such as bringing back the blind.

Message 1 of 9 (481 Views)

★★ Novice

I completely agree. I main Caustic aswell (assuming you do), and even I can see that the devs absolutley murdered his abilities. Nobody's going to be scared of some little 5 tick shield dmg. It's almost like the gas isn't even there anymore! I'm gonna keep playing him to see if I can still actually live with them.

Message 2 of 9 (465 Views)

★ Guide

5 dmg flat is way to few. they should do 9hp flat and gas should slow teammates as well. 

Message 3 of 9 (460 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@Sampl3Text1I wanted caustic nerfed to not be able to instantly destroy all 12 of wattson’s fences as soon has her ultimate expired or rampart’s walls and sheila but I agree they nerfed him way too far...

I am curious to see how these changes shake of the meta, wattson’s fences can be seen from across the map but deal 15 damage while caustic can still be sneaky and does 5 damage per tick so caustic will still probably be the better defensive legend because most players are smart enough to not walk into her fences and her fences take too long to charge up without her ultimate but if they add the toggle for her fences to turn them on/off to give wattson that sneak attack ability then I feel like she could potentially find her way into casuals again

I feel like his ultimate would of been fine at 3 mins instead of 3 1/2 minutes, his gas traps should start at 5 and ramp up to 7.5-9 damage per tick and just remove the ability to damage wattson’s fences/ramparts walls so a wattson could have a room full of fences and caustic could throw his gas in there and wattson’s team would still be taking slow effect and damage per tick while still having her walls to defend unless they destroyed her walls with their guns

These changes to caustic I fear have made him no better than wattson on terms of keeping the enemy from pushing you, theres not that high of a risk when playing wattson because her fence only does 15 damage so a enemy usually will just push there way through the fences once your shield or hp is low and caustic will have the same problem now because the enemy will just push through knowing they will only receive  5 damage per tick

Message 4 of 9 (454 Views)

★★★ Pro
They completely killed caustic... at least for wraith they give his tactical some improvements (she can see enemies), but they constantly just nerf caustic over and over:

Caustic passive: now everyone can see in the gas, nothing special in the battle (same as horizon can see in her ultimate)

Caustic traps: Can be cancelled easier, and because of new rotation can't enter windows

Caustic Nox (ultimate): cooldown duration increased 30%, to kill an enemy with gas they must stand still in the gas for 20 seconds.

What is left of Caustic? Honestly, what is left of him? Every one can now see and stay in his gas, it's like Bangalore's smoke, but smoke deals 13 damage and it deals 5 when it hit you
Message 5 of 9 (447 Views)

★★ Novice

Agreed

Message 6 of 9 (445 Views)

★ Guide
@Boi019283 In my personal opinion nox gas should do 10 damage per second, but instead damage shields as any other damage source not bypass shields, meaning that you cant get away with killing people with just gas, and instead have to actively shoot people in order to down them. this will nerf his ability to kill people with just gas by increasing the kill time from 10s to 20s, but does not nerf his total damage over time (100 damage over 10s)
personally I want to see the blind effect return, as it gave a use to his passive
I never actually play caustic, but he's so pathetic im not going to lie so I would welcome a rebalance, but not a nerf, he's only been viable since they changed his gas damage to 6-12
Message 7 of 9 (403 Views)

★ Novice

Completely agree. Adding those nerfs in one go without giving us anything in return is ridiculous. His ult was great for controlling areas but now you can just camp in the gas and pop syringes until it disappears.

If you compare him to season 6 where he had the blinding effect and increasing tick damage, he was hardly even the meta back then and yet the Devs want to nerf him even more?? They really have just killed off a legend

Message 8 of 9 (385 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I think his gas is too good at slowing down a situation so I would make it so that it has the same damage as before but does not slow you but the will increase overtime. It would reset when you leave the gas.

Message 9 of 9 (340 Views)