Suggestions to Make Loba Much Stronger

by ZeroJnr

Original Post

Suggestions to Make Loba Much Stronger

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

As someone who has put hundreds of games into Loba, these are just a few changes that I feel would increase her value and elevate her theme as a sneaky loot-thief legend. Personally, I think if given all these changes it would fix every single problem that Loba suffers from without completely reworking the hero.

1) Proposed Change (QoL): Give Loba access to the bonus loot found in blue bins. In fact, you could make this a support exclusive perk similar to scan beacons being a Recon exclusive perk. It does not make sense that Lifeline has access to this perk but Loba does not as Loba is LITERALLY the Loot-thief legend.

2) Proposed Change to Passive (QoL):

When out of combat, Loba can scope in on distant Epic and Legendary loot items to see what the items are and ping them if needed. 

Why this Change Helps:

Currently, Loba needs to have sniper optics to see far away items from her passive. While this change may seem pointless, there are many times when you see a purple or gold item in the distance but are unable to see what the item is making her passive feel relatively useless. Allowing her to ping these far away items would be not only be beneficial to Loba herself, but teammates that may want these items. 

3) Proposed Change to Jump Drive:

Remove the blue trail that follows her Jump Drive and remove the sound of the Jump Drive while in the air HOWEVER keep the sound of her throwing her Jump Drive as well as when she finishes teleporting. Also, when re-activating Jump Drive have Loba teleport instantly instead of needing to wait for the Jump Drive to land.

Why this Change Helps:

Since the jump drive is already a VERY bright white object flying through the sky, removing the blue trail would enable Loba to be sneaky and allow her to be more elusive in her escape tactics. If the enemy doesn't see the Jump Drive to begin with, then they shouldn't see which direction Loba teleports in. By removing the sound of the airborne Jumpdrive, it enables Loba to be more sneaky or flank similar to Pathfinder. However, the audio queue of her teleporting still allows enemies to react to a potential flank. Allowing her to instantly land when reactivating is a QoL change in instances where Loba is on higher ground and re-activating the Jump Drive to land on lower ground.

4) Proposed Change to Ultimate:

Loba's ultimate now grants two BONUS loot slots which appear in her and her allies inventory as "Loba's Loot." Loba's Loot slots only become accessible through her ultimate and can hold DOUBLE the amount of a loot type. For example: 1 Loba Loot Slot could hold 8 Shield Cells or 4 Shield Batteries or 120 Light ammo etc. Also, Loba's ultimate can now grab teammate banners. Loba no longer starts with 50% ult charge when landing into the map.

Why this Change Helps:

This change GUARENTEES value towards Loba's ultimate for herself and her teammates and fixes a large amount of issues surrounding the ultimate. Currently, there are many times where it feels unintuitive to grab shield cells, syringes, and ammo through her ultimate as you can only grab 1 stack. It also enables teammates to grab grenades as you can now hold 2 grenades in one Loba Loot slot. This change opens up taking different types of loot which also helps with her ult scaling with the game. Enabling her ultimate to grab teammate banners exentuates her supportive capabilities and sneaky play style. As for removing the 50% bonus ult charge upon entering the game, I think this is a band-aid fix that is awkward and inconsistent with how ultimates should interact in Apex.

These changes are aimed at fixing the problems that Loba faces in all ranks of play. By guaranteeing value to the character in all of her abilities in ways that extenuate the thematic elements of the Legend, these changes would result in a more enjoyable experience for not only Loba players, but Loba's teammates as well.

Message 1 of 4 (291 Views)

Re: Suggestions to Make Loba Much Stronger

★★ Pro
@ZeroJnr fix her hitbox and she is fine
Message 2 of 4 (252 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

That would honestly do absolutely nothing for her lol. I rarely if ever feel as if her hitbox is the problem and I think she needs to be large since she can teleport. I think she needs the quality of life changes I listed as bare minimum to make her feel better as a legend.

Message 3 of 4 (248 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

so you think that hitbox is fine? you reliase that her hitbox is like double the size of her model?

its not about her beeing a large grill, its about the fact that you can aim pretty far next to her model and still hit her, look at the screens i did attach and tell me again that you think that is okay

You can give her all utility you want, in the end it is a shooter and the one killing first will win... in her current form she will never be comptetively viable cuz she will be at a disadvantage in every duel she takes

Message 4 of 4 (237 Views)