Re: Suggestion to Nerf Caustic

by Zamaha400

Original Post

Well, apparently the post I tried to post twice now was deleted the moment I commented it. It's cool, I can dig that. Taking 40 minutes to type up constructive feedback only to have it deleted. So, dear moderators, when exactly am I allowed to post my feedback then?

Message 11 of 31 (360 Views)

★ Guide
@BigBlackCaustic It feels like you have never 1v1 a Caustic. I’ve 1v1 that legend 100s of times and I can straight up tell you his gas is unfair. The blurry vision and slowed walking speed is super unfair. For example, I got into a fight with a Caustic and since he put is gas out and I couldn’t see him but he see me and he lazered me like how is that fair. If it is a close range battle and if one player can’t see the other that’s definitely unfair. The only counter I found is to chuck some frags and arc stars but since the caustic can see them he can just walk out the other way. I find it way to unfair. I hate caustic he is a unfair legend. I also know that a lot of things in this game are unrealistic, but the nerf needs to happen and you know just as well as I do.
Message 12 of 31 (404 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@BBY_YOD4 Every legend in the game has abilities that can make a situation unfair. However there are situations where Caustic can be unbalanced. Honestly I can only think of two.

#1. It's the final ring and you have no choice but to rush inside the gas.

#2. 1v1 against Caustic with both teammates down for both sides. Either push him through the gas or back off and let him revive.

I cant think of any other problematic situation with Caustic.

Message 13 of 31 (380 Views)

★★★ Pro
@BBY_YOD4 Don't fight him at close range and don't run up to him blindly. There is 90% of your problems solved. He can't gas you whwn you are mid range.
Message 14 of 31 (351 Views)

★★ Guide
@BigBlackCaustic Or just use digital threat to solve the vision problem.

Message 15 of 31 (327 Views)

Well, finally my post was posted, though probably no one has read it yet.

Digital Threat is a good idea, sadly you don't always get your hands on one. Hence why it's a legendary. It's a huge benefit. Sadly an unfair one at that.

Message 16 of 31 (276 Views)

★★ Guide
@Peri_Longbow_plz Just use bloodhound if you having hard time to find it.

Boom problem solved...

XD
Message 17 of 31 (261 Views)

@DrSeptimus It's indeed a very good idea to limit my choice of legends down to one.
Message 18 of 31 (248 Views)

★ Guide
@BigBlackCaustic So you are saying if you see a caustic don’t him at all. Long won’t work either because he uses his gas so you can’t see him but he can see you. I think that’s dumb. Every legend should be able to fight every other legend, so your argument just makes your statement worse.
Message 19 of 31 (225 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@BBY_YOD4 Long range doesn't work against Caustic due to how quickly Caustic players will retreat to buildings when shot but he can't see THROUGH the gas like it says. He can only see targets immersed in the gas so he has no advantage fighting through the gas at long range. He is only dangerous at close range if his opponents CHOOSE to go through the gas or foolishly rush him.

There really is no excuse dying to a Caustic outside of the two situations I've mentioned above. He's only a threat to dangerously aggressive teams since he needs you to engage him to be a threat. Is his ability to block a push too strong? Maybe. His ability to attack is pretty weak though so dying to him is typically the fault of the player.

Message 20 of 31 (220 Views)