Re: [Suggestion] Caustic trap detonation and H key rebind

by Yymerejj

Original Post

[Suggestion] Caustic trap detonation and H key rebind

★★★ Novice

Dear Apex Legends staff,

I would like to present my suggestion for Caustic. This legend rewards creativity and I've discovered that popping your own traps(by shooting them) is very useful. Aside from the tactical benefits it also fits the mischievous trap-making nature of Caustic. In fact once I've started doing this it became quite apparent to me that this would make for a great addition to his skill set.

My proposition is that Caustic should be given an option to remotely activate his gas traps on demand. We already have an H key reserved for special character-specific actions, so the trap activation could be bound to that key. For example Caustic could be offered an H-prompt to activate the trap when his reticle is over the trap outline. This should be a great quality of life improvement for Caustic players, considering we already do pop our traps.

I believe that this change would add more utility to his skill set while not being game-breaking since it simply streamlines an already existing game mechanic. And if on top of that you allow us to pop traps behind walls that would be just fantastic.

I would also like to suggest that the mentioned above H key should be available for reconfiguration in the settings for all Legends, because at the moment Wraith doesn't have an option to rebind her warning and the H key isn't the best for my hands.

Thank you for your time

Message 1 of 3 (226 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I would add that caustic should not even have to aim at his traps. It should simply be the order in which traps were deployed is the order that each trap will detonate for each press of "H". Furthermore, if he holds H for 2 sec, all traps currently deployed should detonate at once. 

Message 2 of 3 (199 Views)

★ Apprentice

I like the idea, perhaps Hold H + 1~2~3.. I also sometimes wish his ult had a bounce to it; a cluster bomb effect would also be nice to fan out the poison considering it's an ultimate, and right now not very ultimate, save a few situations.

Message 3 of 3 (187 Views)