Re: Some Caustic Buff Recommendations

by WoahItsTea

Original Post

Some Caustic Buff Recommendations

★★★ Pro

Make Caustic's gas not slow down his own teammates unless they are enemy caustic gas in the mix which harms his team. 

Also change the color of friend caustic gas canisters to something like Blue. Keep Enemy canisters red. His own teammates should not be afraid or trying to shoot a friendly gas canister. 

Make Casuistic able to deploy his gas canisters slightly faster. The delay is a little too long. 

Also allow him to hold up to 4 canisters and able to have 8 canisters out on the map at once.

If an enemy triggered his gas and are taking damage. All us to see which one was trigger on the map if we bring it up.

Give Caustic a voice command that tells his teammates that enemies trigger or shot his gas canisters. 

Make gas canisters trigger faster when you throw them in a fight or throw a gas canister next to a knock down enemy. I throw gas canisters down and they simply crawl away from it most of the unless they are in a corner. 

Message 1 of 8 (647 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Caustic is already a little oppressive when he's set up so I think that giving his team that much information and freedom from his gas is too much. People don't like the gas because it disrupts their rush down play style and I hate being with a Bangalore since she blocks my line of sight at range. Changing a character because they don't fit your play style seems selfish no matter how much their kit gets in your way.

Message 2 of 8 (621 Views)

★★★ Pro
As a Caustic main (not one trick) I agree with faster deployment and allies being able to see his traps, but anything else is unnecessary imo. He's a character for the slow tactician, not the COD players, anyone can pick up a kill with his traps but you need to think alot when using him which is what I think is keeping him from being a top tier aside from his hitbox because this game is dominated by your gun and accuracy and not strategy
Message 3 of 8 (609 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Can't teammates see his traps already? I don't get to play as often as I like so I'm not sure about it but I thought they could.

Message 4 of 8 (574 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i like the canister color change! that would be helpful when in battles knowing whos canisters are whos 

Message 5 of 8 (469 Views)

★★ Pro
@heme725 They've got a small, glowing outline - like Wattson's pylons etc. This was confusing me as well as to how anyone couldn't tell the difference between theirs and another caustics.
Message 6 of 8 (459 Views)

★★ Guide

I keep having my canisters go straight through the floor for some reason. They should be way faster to throw down and be able to shoot quicker. It's a joke it takes so long

Message 7 of 8 (450 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Leo_the_Lion25 

I think some new voice lines to let your team members know if your traps have been activated could be extremely helpful. However, I disagree with the rest of your proposals. 

Firstly, Caustic gas should always slow your team members down - knowing that all Caustic gas will have at least 2/3 of it's effects effect you reduces confusion and allows players to make faster decisions during a fight when it's deployed. It saves people having to ask or guess who's gas is who's if there happens to be 2 or more Caustics fighting - they don't know if the gas they're about to walk into will effect either: movement, vision, health or just vision. Currently, all players know that Caustic gas will effect your movement and vision and this is consistent enough to make gameplay around Caustic as fair and balanced as it possibly can be for everyone. Respawn recently lowered the slow effect of the gas on teammates by 50%, which is a considerable amount anyway. If it so happens that Caustic gas effects your playstyle then you will have to simply adapt to having a Caustic on your team - many legends in the game have abilities which both positively and negatively impact both teammates and enemies.

Secondly, Caustic's traps should keep their delay before being active or being triggered. It would be far too easy for Caustic to block off or lock down a section of a map and would most likely turn Caustic into an annoying legend who spams teams with fast activating barrels which they have no time to react to. My proposals on how I think Respawn should change Caustic's Gas Traps are in this post I made. Simply, I think that traps should be less easy to disable, should be able to effect players through specific walls and should slowly increase their range of effect after being activated. 

In addition to this, I think allowing Caustic to hold 4 canisters and deploy a total of 8 could be too strong but I'm not totally against this idea. I'm not certain how it would play out if implemented but I would expect most players to use it to secure larger buildings more easily or to trap or lock down an area much faster than before. It would also make Caustic 30% more effective at the start of a match. It would be a huge buff to his kit and I'm not completely sure if he really needs it.

Thanks for reading. 

Message 8 of 8 (414 Views)