Re: Small Revenant Buff.

by Sir_Named

Original Post

Small Revenant Buff.

★★★ Newbie

Revenant has been buffed weeks ago and has been doing pretty okay. I’m seeing a lot more of him, but as a Revenant main... he should have a few extra things. He should be able to climb slightly higher, his silence should do a little extra damage, and finally, his ult should give him a speed boost. 

I feel like he’s a great legend for strategic plays, but people still think he’s not that great still. I believe these small buffs will bring him up a bit.

Message 1 of 11 (626 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Message 2 of 11 (530 Views)

★★ Expert
@Gurthquakeee His silence probably doesn’t need extra damage. It seems like the devs want to avoid having the abilities doing game changing damage.

I know there are characters like Caustic and Bangalore who have damaging abilities, but Caustic is a trap character and Bangalore’s ult is a zoning/area denial tool.
For example, they’ve never had a character who straight up can do high damage with precision, or a character who can throw grenades as their tactical, or a character who can use a special gun that no other legend has access to.
Message 3 of 11 (515 Views)

★★★ Pro

@Sir_Named I don't know, I think the opposite, I believe increasing silence damage to 20 (from 11) and increasing the climb from to three times higher than others (instead of twice) could be the key to save Revenant and played him in serious competitions.

Gibby, Crypto, Caustic, Bangalore, all can deal damage with high accuracy in a certain field. Crypto's drone can actually follow enemies everywhere to deal 50 shield damage,  what do you mean by saying "they’ve never had a character who straight up can do high damage with precision"?

Message 4 of 11 (508 Views)

★★ Expert
@Alphabets Well, I’m talking about OW style damaging abilities. Apex doesn’t really have those, and I think the devs are avoiding that on purpose.

Also Crypto’s EMP is an ult, and it’s similar to Bangalore’s, kind of. It’s not really the precision I was talking about, but I am having a hard time explaining what I mean.

(This is me trying to explain it.)
By precision, I’m talking about something that has to really have a target, and you have to actually aim.
For example, (this is purely just a hypothetical scenario that I made up to demonstrate my point), you could have a character that can shoot a charge rifle like laser out of their eyes. This would do 15 dps and last for 4 seconds. This is the kind of precision ability that the devs seem like they’re avoiding.

Ok I’m giving up on explaining it, hopefully you could make some sense out of it.
Message 5 of 11 (491 Views)

★ Guide

The ultimate should give you the buffs of a true shadow: Speed, high climb, and nearly silent movement.

Message 6 of 11 (475 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Revenant’s tactical is the main problem.

In the following I attached a clip from one of the known streamers and also added the link to his full last video playing Revenant. (Edit: My clip is a short one happens/started at 10:34 on the main video on YouTube and ends at 10:59, sorry I have difficulty uploading it here)

You can see that in my attached clip, two enemies attacked Revenant, he did his best, but his tactical didn’t help him at all. Let’s compare if the same exact happened to other legends: Bangalore can smoke and Run. wraith can phase and run. Caustic and shoot traps and run. Mirage can make diversion and run. Pathfinder can grapple and run. Octane can run fast to safe place and list goes on.... but Revenant’s tactical and ultimate are totally one sided and just work for offensive moves.

The reason that Revenant is not viable in pro matches is because a match is not just an offensive game, players need to be able to escape or need something to help them get protected from attacks and hold the spot (like Wattson’s ultimate).

I think same goes for Crypto, he also doesn’t have an escape ability and that’s why he is not very popular. However, Crypto still can use drone to see from which side/way he is getting attacked and where is safe to run.

That is why I think Revenant’s tactical should at least deal higher damage to give him a fighting chance and push enemies back in situations like this clip.

The 25 second gameplay clip I’m talking about:

https://streamable.com/5uygtd

and here is the link to the main complete video on YouTube:

https://youtu.be/wUPzhfiywII

Message 7 of 11 (443 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Alphabets But the main purpose of his tactical isn't to damage enemies beside the fact that it would kind of takes no skill to kill your enemies because even if they only buffed the damage to 15 that would mean he is able to deal 30 dmg to enemies during combat. A better and more fitting buff would be to make it highlights enemies who are effected by it this way they will have to think twice before moving through it because they would be basically exposed to Revenant and his whole team for 20s
Message 8 of 11 (412 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@SERPENT_DESCENDhow about 30 damage each silence shot? it would be 60 if you sucessfully hit an enemy twice and it is enough to slow down enemies and force them to think twice before pushing

Message 9 of 11 (406 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Alphabets Yeah but as I said that would make playing with him takes no skill and it is kind of op to be honest, You basically can take almost 3 shield slots fairly quickly if that buff did happen, Crypto EMP takes only 2 shield slots and that is an ultimate.
Message 10 of 11 (400 Views)