Re: Small Revenant Buff/Nerf Idea

by Uberum

Original Post

Small Revenant Buff/Nerf Idea

★★★★ Guide

So, I love the buff that you gave to Revenants totem last season (Totem has endless range), but one problem I've been having with this ability is that by the time I get to the enemy, my death protection is practically gone. Now, I know that returning to the totem on command might be a little overpowered, so here's an idea for a buff/nerf that might fix the problem: In the final 5 seconds of death protection, you take 50% more damage I know this seems like a straight up nerf, but it would actually be really helpful. At least for me it would.

Also here are a few other totem/silence buffs that I know would be helpful: 

Totem

1. When in death protection, you get a 20% hit box reduction.

2. When in death protection, if you knock someone, you can see the locations of the rest of their team for 10 seconds. And if you return to the totem, the location of your knock and their teammates are pinged for you (The ping is like a bamboozle ping).

3. If you knock someone while in death protection, you get a 20% extension to your time.

4. When in death protection, you get a 20% speed boost, and can climb higher. Also, you do 50 melee damage.

Silence

1. When you silence someone, you can see them as if you were looking through a digital scope for the duration of the silence.

2. When you silence someone, they cannot heal, revive a teammate, or be revived by a teammate. You can however self revive.

3. When in death protection you get a 3rd charge for your silence, and your silence does 20 damage. 

4. When silenced, knockdown shields are disabled.

Make Revenant a recon character.

Message 1 of 7 (478 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@s0apt0ken While I find these changes interesting, I gotta admit that you are taking it bit too far, Dont get me wrong I would like to see most of these in the game but some ideas like reduction to hitbox size would be hard to implement and being able to throw 3 silences with 20 damage each means you can just spam silence on someone and deal 60 damage without any effort
Message 2 of 7 (453 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@SERPENT_DESCEND I kind of agree with you, but at the same time, it's really hard to spam silence. And it's hard to silence someone while shooting. So, in the time it takes for you deal 60 damage with silence, you would have been able to shred someone to dust with practically any other gun. You can deal that much damage with a p2020 in less than a second.
Message 3 of 7 (405 Views)

★ Guide
@s0apt0ken Going to be honest... just no. Your ideas for a buff to death totem would be way to powerful. Somethings are fair such as the climb higher, where your teammates lost there death protection, and more time in death protection when you knock someone. The rest of your ideas would be way to powerful. He is already an amazing aggressive character he doesn’t need all these buffs. If you silence someone and they wouldn’t be able heal would be OP. Digital threat thing would be just dumb, it takes away bloodhounds ult in a way. Plus he does not need to be a recon character, he has nothing to do with that other than he’s a robot. Your ideas are way too overpowered and everyone would use him. He is already a great character, maybe his passive could be buffed, but other than that he is a good character.
Message 4 of 7 (397 Views)

★ Guide

Interesting ideas but the last thing Revenant needs is a buff. The ultimate is already way too strong. Today I have had three ranked games where at then the two other teams that are alive are pushing at the same time with the Revenant ultimate. 

It makes fights happen that would normally never happen. The death protection has too much hp and you have too much hp when you get out of the ult.

Either bring back the range limit (I prefer this) or lower the hp while in the ult and bring it back to 1hp when out of it.

Message 5 of 7 (332 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Is this a troll post? wtf ok let's do it...

but also i want wraith to have no cooldown on her tactical and pathfinder should be able to grapple around like spiderman with no cooldown. He should also take about no damage while grappling. Rampart should be able to move around with sheila mounted on a scooter and no spin up time. Bloodhounds hierloom axe should be like a heatseeking boomerang always hitting the head. Caustic should be able to leave a fart trail where ever he goes which deals 50 damage every second..

just a few ideas, criticism is welcome.

Message 6 of 7 (291 Views)

Champion
@s0apt0ken You're reaching with the hitbox reduction. That wouldn't happen.
Pinging/Seeing enemies near an enemy you've silenced or downed is similar to an old concept idea for Revenant which devs said would be too strong so they changed it to the silence we have now. Higher climbing and a speed boost would make sense based on how shadows worked in the Shadow fall LTM.
I agree with not being able to heal if it was balanced in some way. The reviving side of it would just be too strong.
I don't think you should get an extra charge either.
No knockdown would be too strong. People would complain like crazy.
He's an aggro character defo more of an Assault class than Recon.

@Uberum The OP clearly didn't mean it as a troll post so don't be ridiculous. Just explain to him reasons for and against. What's the point in being sarcastic rather than contributing? The fart trail idea would be comical in some situations tho.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 7 of 7 (263 Views)