Re: (Season 9) Octane Nerf Feedback

by 031567

Original Post

★ Guide
@031567 wraith cannot just walk away from fights, her Q is useless after the nerf. and other legends are fine i don't blame other legends. Octane is supposed to be fast that's true but he has unfair advantage of pushing quickly and getting away quickly . wraith was nerfed because she could get away so why does octane have the same advantage ? They nerfed wraith every season so that she can be killed easily now its time for octane to remove unfair advantage that this legend holds, 90 % of the time they can't 1 v 1 instead kill you after their team mate does all the work. Octane nerf is sure gonna happen in season 9 and it must happen. octane stim must be nerfed.
Message 21 of 43 (464 Views)

★ Guide
@LordloshBang Look I think Octane's fine where he's at right now. And I don't think his passive needs nerfed; because his upcoming nerf makes his stim do more personal damage; and he can do it more often. Stim doesn't need nerfed because: well without that you might as well play Wraith who moves 30% faster. (and is invincible while moving). And the jump-pad doesn't need nerfed because one Octane has to compete with Pathfinder's grapple and it's really his ONLY squad ability. he neds it as often as possible. The nerf coming is PERFECT; balances damage and stim usage. I always hated the 4 sec delay, BUT now you are more likely to get killed more often de to having lower health.

Octane's role: Damage; means jumping in, fighting, and getting out in some manner or way.

Why's Wraith Damage? She can push with her squad with a portal, fight and get out with her tactical or portal again.

Why's Octane damage? He can push with his squad with a jump-pad, fight and get out with his tactical or jump-pad again.

SHOW ME THE DIFFERENCE!!!! ANYONE!
Message 22 of 43 (462 Views)

★ Guide
@codeleaf00 Yeah and Wraith as ben good since day one till season 5-8. So about A year and half of being OP. But you wont even give Octane 3 months? Octane stim nerf would make him the LEAST MOBILE CHARACTER AGAIN! AND HE'S A ADRENLINE JUNKIE! WRAITH IS NOT TERRIBLE. Ad if you have such a problem with Octane running away; CHASE THEM! And if you can't they make Pathfinder, Wraith, Horizon, Revenant, Loba, WEAPONS! for a REASON! Octane isn't the problem; the issue is that the top tier legends like Revenant or Wraith have been nerfed. Leaving room for Octane to jump in the top. Just give some legends like Caustic some power back. Then Octane will be just fine. The issue is that every other legend right now is underpowered because they've been strong for so long. So now they've all been nerfed and Octane (the one character who's never been nerf before because he's NEVER BEEN OP BEFORE) has taken their place.
Message 23 of 43 (460 Views)

★★ Pro

@031567 wrote:
@LordloshBangLook I think Octane's fine where he's at right now. And I don't think his passive needs nerfed; because his upcoming nerf makes his stim do more personal damage; and he can do it more often. Stim doesn't need nerfed because: well without that you might as well play Wraith who moves 30% faster. (and is invincible while moving). And the jump-pad doesn't need nerfed because one Octane has to compete with Pathfinder's grapple and it's really his ONLY squad ability. he neds it as often as possible. The nerf coming is PERFECT; balances damage and stim usage. I always hated the 4 sec delay, BUT now you are more likely to get killed more often de to having lower health.

Octane's role: Damage; means jumping in, fighting, and getting out in some manner or way.

Why's Wraith Damage? She can push with her squad with a portal, fight and get out with her tactical or portal again.

Why's Octane damage? He can push with his squad with a jump-pad, fight and get out with his tactical or jump-pad again.

SHOW ME THE DIFFERENCE!!!! ANYONE!

I never ask a nerf for Octane. I think he is okay as it is. But if they decide to nerf him, the only thing that maybe he need to be, its to just make the passive regenerate life from 1.5 sec. to 1.0 second. Then if the player wanna spam his stim, he will be in disadvantage due to way lower hp.

Octane hitbox is fine, but the guy is Wraith legend and is pissed to the whole world, that he don`t know how to use her kit, and he blame the world for it. Its pretty much sums it up.:D
Wraith is still more useful than Octane in most cases. And if her LP gets removed, she will be tier above him again.

Message 24 of 43 (441 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@031567Sorry bro but the Devs balance like apparently have a list of characters that are allowed to be good and popular and Octane isn't one of them, i'm not saying you deserve it but you'll get the Caustic treatment.

Message 25 of 43 (437 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@LordloshBangAdding 15 seconds will still keep it as the ult with the shortest cool down. BH ult is no where near game deciding and Gibbys can't be used everywhere. Octane pads have caused me plenty of grief as Caustic and Gibby I've had barrels, domes, grenades, and ults bounced way off be cause of them(just speaking on the annoying factor of Octane not holding it against him those where my fault). Octane can be a huge help to the team and his jump pads are great, if he wasn't then pros wouldn't run him.

Pros have shown that wraith is still the safest most effective way to reposition. However I can argue Octane's jump pad is the most versatile and useful way to maneuver through the maps.
1. Speed wraiths portal takes time and can't get to high places like Octane pad.
2. Horizon is only really good for high ground not for traveling great distances to engage or disengage from a fight.
3. Paths zip is literally a linear way to travel which makes you much easier to shoot also can take more time to set up because it has to meet certain conditions. It also can't be destroyed so it can be used against you. You also can't heal while using the port or zip.

Once again tho I'm just agreeing about a small nerf to cd for his ult. Honestly tho I feel the main problem is audio with the octane because there are times I can't hear him stim or jump.

Message 26 of 43 (423 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@BigBlackCaustic This is what I would like to avoid as much as possible. Caustic is still good but not as much fun to play for me anymore.
Message 27 of 43 (419 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Ironflower196 They should really release the stats they point at. I made s thread aboit it how it overall improved Siege by making clear why which came change for what target players while simultanously forcing them to commit to balance,even if that means they gave to search for more complicated solutions.

And it also stopped the crack related memes.
Message 28 of 43 (408 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@BigBlackCaustic I hate having to rely on the information they give us and not actually letting us see it that way we could all come up with more suitable solutions. What were the crack related memes?
Message 29 of 43 (403 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Ironflower196

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Release-the-stats/m-p/10190971

Here is the thread, and there were a lot of drugs related memes pointed at Ubi back in the days they were always a classic in Siege because of some characters like Bandit when Ubi made themselves unpopular.

These days are over cause Ubi started to generally to listen to players feedback by buffing characters with low pick rate based on popular suggestions (like the tested Nøkk rework coming soon) or counters to prevelant metas rather than artificially trying to force players (like the Gonne-6, even if its not currently as good as expected).

But that can't really happen in Apex cause we don't have nearly sufficient insight for that.
Message 30 of 43 (396 Views)