Re: (Season 9) Octane Nerf Feedback

by LordloshBang

Original Post

★ Guide
@LordloshBang Exactly; nothing is wrong with Octane just all the new and bad players go 4 Octane because he's easy to learn, BUT HARD TO MASTER. And then people who can't shoot straight blame Octane (Because his hitbox isn't broken anymore).

Wraith: Great till Season 5
Octane: Terrible until Seasons 5/7/8

Bad Players: Omg Octane's op; he's like so fast...
Me: <Flashbacks when literally any other movement legends were better> (Path, Wraith, Horizon, B-hopping, Loba).

Octane: MY ABILITIES ARE MISSING; I'M SLOW...!
(2 Years Later)
Message 11 of 43 (508 Views)

★★★ Pro

@031567 

Stim spamming is just too strong for me. When the map is on KC I usually play Revenant so I have no issue with Octane because I can just silence him, but on the other two maps where Rev is a lot weaker and I don't play him stim spamming genuinely gets on my nerves.

Message 12 of 43 (505 Views)

★★★ Pro

Also, Octane has never been trash. What are you talking about? Just because a Legend isn't seen in the competitive scene doesn't automatically make them trash.

Also Wraith has been great since day 1.

Message 13 of 43 (504 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@CompleatBeet That's right Octane was never trash. Always a fun character to just play not a great ranked character, but he is great this season I don't think a longer cool down for his jump pad is a bad nerf to ask for when he is only asking to extend it 15 seconds so it can't be spammed. Not like other legends whose ults take 3 min and over to charge up.
Message 14 of 43 (486 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@CompleatBeetWhere have you guys been? Sleeping Under a rock since Season 1?
(read my other post)

Octane until Season 5/6
-Garbage hitbox
-Useless Passive
-Jump-pad glitches
-Jump-pad barely got you over a small building
-Super Jump/ Double Jump was broken
- Stim bug prevented you FROM SHOOTING.

DON'T TELL ME THIS CRAP; Octane has always been trash till now. And now that he's actually good; you want to grind him into dust again. I've waited 2 YEARS! Just let Octane shine 4 awhile and go complain about losing your kill WHEN LIFELINE AUTO REZ'S. BUT UR TELLING ME OCTANE'S OP? What about Wraith MOVING 30% and is INVINCIBLE??? Is Octane invincible? NO! Matter of fact: HE LOSES HEALTH!!!

Message 15 of 43 (481 Views)

★ Guide
@Ironflower196 This might be hard to understand, but...
IT'S... A... JUMP-PAD!...

Not an air strike or black hole; a JUMP-PAD!
Message 16 of 43 (478 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@031567Lol its an advantage that can be used 3 times by the time an air strike and black hole recharge and can be used to get out of both. Like seriously I enjoy playing Octane have you ever jump padded someone out of the final circle? That is one of the best things I have ever done. But right now he is a very strong legend who is incredibly annoying to play against. No1 wants him to be hit too hard this is just a nice compromise to satisfy haters because there are a lot of them around right now if you haven't noticed and talking * to them isn't going to help you it just turns you into one of those shotty wraith mains who cries and *. Be better my guy.

Also wraith has been incredibly strong till this season and she is still dam good.

Message 17 of 43 (464 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Octane already have pretty much one of the worst ult ING, thats the reason the CD is so low. It was garbage pre-season 8, now its a tier above garbage.

People(other legends) have ult like Gibraltar or Horizon or Revenant, BH, Caustic that are game deciding ult, and Octane throws up in there a jump pad ..... Nice joke for real ....

His whole kit is on him, pretty much no help to the team. He is a standing duck in the air.

And Horizon player to come and complain about Octane, this is just next level stuffs....

Horizon tactical is better than the whole Octane kit altogether ....

Nothing hard to play against Octane. Actually the only thing that is pretty much hard to counter is, you just can`t escape against Octane.

And yeah Octane was garbage up until very late season. And he have been an actual worth of playing legend in just this season ....

So he deserve to stay there. Again, the only thing that maybe need to be nerf is to make her passive to regenerate from 1.5 to 1.0 HP. Nothing else needs to be touched.

You are still a super easy target on his jump pad, you have accuracy penalty on it as well. And you are up in the air for the taking.

Way way way better reposition abilities in the game.

And yeah he was picked in pub, because he is a fun character, that can`t shut his mouth, its a man, and thats why he was picked in Pub. But pretty much no one picked him in high ranked, and no one ever touched him in competition.

And lets not act, that his pick at competition and High ranked now is super High. Yeah there is people that are playing him, but its not like the whole lobby is playing Octane, thats not the case.

And NO, i`m not Octane player, i`m Bangalore one.

Message 18 of 43 (459 Views)

★ Guide
@TheApexLegendNub Octane is the most annoying legend to fight against because when his team mates spray you he will stim to kill you with 1 shot and when he is one shot he can get away easily. octane players don't have the skill to fight with you directly but waits for his team mate to do all the damage and then he will come running after you . octane hitbox is also small , octane jump pad is not the problem but his stim is a big problem his stim should be nerfed and the hitbox made bigger
Message 19 of 43 (447 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@codeleaf00SO WHAT????? BIG Whop Octane can steal your kill or kill you; welcome to Battle Royale Should I introduce lifeline who can rez your kills or Wraith you can just walk away from any fight? Heck I think Gibraltar should have a bigger hitbox: Because I blame the gun shield; guess WHAT! It's not gonna happen. Man, I hate every legend in some way or how; guess what: IT'S A BATTLE ROYALE! I lose kills or get myself killed all the time; doesn't mean I blame Octane, or Wraith every time I die. Jeez dude. You've must never play this game. Great Octane can push in and out of fights. (THAT'S WHAT HE'S SUPPOSE TO DO!) And what if you're a solo Octane? Got no Squad to do all the damage now do you?

Message 20 of 43 (439 Views)