Re: I just abandoned Crypto as a 10k kill main.

by Igeere1

Original Post

In my opinion, Crypto is in a weird position. With his current assortment of passive abilities and skills, he can very easily become a support legend thanks to him having the ability to instantly interact with anything, including respawn beacons and survey beacons. That makes him a powerful foe against enemies, but only if the Crypto player remains passive and prefers ranged attacks over close range interactions, and is ready to use his drone whenever possible to retrieve team banners and respawn them pretty much instantly.

A match I was in not too long ago was with 2 team mates who willingly agreed on me taking my distance 90% of the time, and retrieve their banners the moment they fall. We managed to get to second place, actually, and they ended up with 8 and 10 kills respectively, because they could instantly jump back into the fight. Whilst this is a strategic approach, this effectively cuts the manpower down by one, and requires a willing and patient squad.

That being said, I do believe we can give him a special role for those willing to do it. The role of an expert surveillance and support legend. And I believe he could actually be a little overpowered in that regard because while I know that instant locating of enemies, ring position reveal and instant revival is a powerful tool to have, you effectively cut down the squad's strength by one player. So here is my personal suggestion/plan:

The drone should not give off detection when Crypto is actively controlling it. Meaning that as long as Crypto is actively flying the drone, and doesn't move himself, the drone will be noiseless and will not be marked as you being detected. Again, this does sound overpowered, but considering your team is being alone in that case without you, so having less firepower, I think this would be an excellent trade off.

Respawn Beacons deployed by Crypto should be less obvious. I think his job as a respawn master would be kinda fitting in this passive play style, so I doubt it would be overpowered if he can place it stealthily.

Lastly, the drone could get the ability to hack enemy deployments, such as shield domes, drones, turrets... What that will cause, perhaps failure of said equipment for a brief period or as long as the hack is held. Eitherway, I think his passive playstyle would be even better then.

Message 41 of 69 (360 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@sSipster  Instead of trying out the legend itself, he been speculating around and doesn't even bother to read the post around this thread (Even he himself admit it , look up at post #21). Before being a white knight here, how about you read those post before jumping into conclusion? If you even bother to read, there is plenty of post with different opinion at this thread as well. Ever cross your mind why he is the only one I ever reply to?

[ instead of leaving piles of directly targeted personal attacks attempting to invalidate someone who has a difference of opinion with you, that might be a better use of your time?]

Yeah, tell me which part of my post respectively from #24, #27, #34, or #38 personally attack him. If I do personally attack him, my post would be filled with ample of vulgar word being filtered by EA forum (Just like yours) or being deleted long time ago by mod due to offensive content. The post still remain because it did not break any forum regulation or neither it is personal attack but merely an explanation why his speculation doesn't work. 

He doesn't bother to read, doesn't bother to understand, doesn't bother to try it out, doesn't provide solution and been making assumption left & right.Is this the sort of respect you talking about?

Message 42 of 69 (350 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@sSipsterThe good thing about crypto before his change was you were able to rush no problem, but since it slows teammates down you can’t rush no more. I think most crypto mains would gladly take the season 5 crypto with out a doubt. What is a big problem is that you tubers are being over dramatic about his change calling it “OP”. It is very clear they don’t play crypto and they are doing it for views. Like c’mon fast respawn ain’t going to do anything. Through all the games I have played with this new crypto and I have used his fast respawn once. That was because the respawn beacon was just slightly in storm. The no effect to teammates with emp made him such a fun character to use because of the well based pushing you could do, but now you really can’t. I will say I have had sometimes where I won because of the new emp, but too me it would have been much easier with the old one. You have to understand why we are so defensive on crypto. We have had so many seasons where he was one of the worst characters and then all the sudden a nerf... like what?! All that time and effort practicing how to push properly gone to waste. The buff that allowed him not to effect teammates made him so much better of a team player and better legend in general just thrown out the window. It’s really heartbreaking to see people not understand the struggle of his new change and people saying it should effect teammates just ruins him as a character. I am truly having a hard time sticking to crypto because bloodhound buffs were just so good, and if they proceed to do nothing with crypto saying he is in a good spot I might just play bloodhound.

Message 43 of 69 (324 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@sSipster yes that was what i wnated to say but couldn't find the words, I totally agree om the "this discussion is pointless" that's why I wanted not to answer anymore.

But about Crypto your ideas seems good, not to OP, tho idk the actual cd om his ult but if those buffs occures, they should increase his ultimate cd a litle.

Message 44 of 69 (297 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@DrSeptimus  the way you were talking didnt bring any solution for crypto neither.

And I am not gonna continue this because it's pointless, instead of telling me, no I disagree with this, you just acted like i was something of a bad guy or idk. And you keep saying I didn't read any of the posts above, the truth is I dis, but I didn't, like you, act like I have to be right, inatead I just exposed my opinion. Wich is the opinion of a player that fight Crypto, mor than play Crypto. Having opinions from both sides is better than just having one opinion on this. And you seem pretty agressive in this post, acting like you are always right and all, I did not take all your says one by one just to destroy them, and that's the difference. I wasn't here to be right, just to give my opinion, and you took ot like a threat, now you can continue doing what you do, or just end this pointless conversation that has basically nothing to do with Crypto anymore.

Message 45 of 69 (293 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Btw I don't know why I said "I didn't read your ideas for buffs" but I clearly did because juat right after I say, "if you are looking for this Crypto changes he will be god tier" 

Message 46 of 69 (289 Views)

★★ Apprentice

And finally sorry for all the typing mistakes, like "mor" instead of more, typing on mobile.

Message 47 of 69 (287 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Igeere1Ok so how about some ideas. My number one thing is emp not effecting teammates. I will be happy with that. If that’s all they did I would be fine with that. I read a post on here and I can’t remember who the author was, but he said when in your drone you could see what type of shields someone has on. This way you could know if the push is the right move. If you are wondering, no he will not be god tier if you give him buffs. He is possibly one of the worst legends right now. I have already brought up why just like he has many times. Anybody who has played crypto enough would know this. Plus just because we play crypto doesn’t mean we can’t fight him. I played against hundreds of crypto’s and I really can’t see why you think he doesn’t need a buff. 

Message 48 of 69 (262 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I said "he needs a buff, most likely a rework" I don't disagree about buffing him, just some buffs are OP, the idea of not slowing teamates is good, actually idk why they added that recently, maybe if the other squad loose 2 shields and get slowed down but not your squad it allows your team to instant kill them, especially with that TTk and that's probably why. buffing his drone's speed so scanning become more usefull or being able to tell your droen to go to a precise position if he is 20 meters away from you could be good too.

Message 49 of 69 (249 Views)

★ Guide
@Igeere1 They added back emp effecting teammates because of the stupid revenant, wraith and crypto combo. I it was really good and hard to beat, but why not nerf wraith so more as she is already the best legend in the game. Sure they did nerf her slightly by making it after you go back to the death totem you have to wait to seconds, but that’s nothing. Why not when you are in death totem you can’t use wraiths Portal and after wraith gets sent back her Portal gets destroyed. Easy fixes the problem and doesn’t effect a character that doesn’t need a nerf.
Message 50 of 69 (239 Views)