Re: SBMM is really great

by NagTheNaggy

Original Post

SBMM is really great

I love playing pubs in a ranked fashion its so much dealing 2300 damage for 3 kills not because my team is taking my kills bust because pushing any team will lead to certain death or 3rd party.

Message 1 of 15 (877 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@SDS_JuggernautTV You don't like it? Elaborate? I feel as though SBMM is the best it has ever been in a very long time.
Message 2 of 15 (810 Views)

★ Guide
@MoNosDirtyGaming Can I have whatever happy land pill you are taking? Because in my experience, sbmm pairs me (A level 405 season 3 pred) with level 30s who don't have a clue whats going on. I end up fighting a whole lobby of pre-made predator squads. Apex's matchmaking is the worst it has ever been right now and I find it to be the worst solo experience in any game I have ever played.
Message 3 of 15 (790 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@NagTheNaggy I'd suggest finding a good second, then the third won't really matter. Are you on PS4?
Message 4 of 15 (763 Views)

★ Guide
@MoNosDirtyGaming No xbox. I have a friend I usually do duos with. He isn't INSANE but he is definitely good. The funny part is that I'm better than him but he is 40 levels higher than me.
Message 5 of 15 (738 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

SBMM pairs me with players who level 200 and I'm only level 89. like wtf I  don't want to get carried I want to improve!

Message 6 of 15 (710 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@NagTheNaggy Yeah, there you go then, on ps4 its perfect right now, still games where I have to carry the entire team but when I have at least 1 person with me it's fine.
Message 7 of 15 (674 Views)

★ Apprentice

from what I can tell there are 4 levels of SBMM. A, B, C, and D and I think there should only be A and B. A for the sweaty players who are always grinding and their grinding paid off. and B for all of the casual players like me who want to enjoy the game.

Message 8 of 15 (648 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Zippy2810

I don't necessarily want to carried and I don't necessarily want to improve. I mean if it happens, great, but I'm just generally here to try and have some fun.

But, getting so hard carried that you might as well just sit in a building and play on your phone, or getting so hard stomp that you can't even pick up a weapon or get a shot in, before being blown to Kingdom come, isn't exactly what I would call "fun".

Message 9 of 15 (629 Views)

★★ Guide

I personally like the concept of SBMM in pubs, but it's honestly a failed mechanism. I've rarely been put into matches where I felt that my teammates/opponents were of a similar skill. Like I would be matched with level 20 teammates (not smurfs) against Predator opponents, or I would have Predator teammates who hardcore carry me throughout a match.

Message 10 of 15 (605 Views)