Revenent needs nerfed now

by Benchwarmerbrew

Original Post

Revenent needs nerfed now

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

His ult is way too OP. Hes a must pick on every team. Drop his ult and you can just never die. Whos dumb idea was this to add this to the game?

i love downing multiple people only to have them teleport across the whole map so i cant grab their armor or get my points for ranked. what a stupid god damn ability respawn. you take 1 step forward and move 2 steps back every update

Message 1 of 19 (1,234 Views)

Re: Revenent needs nerfed now

★★★★★ Apprentice

He literally launched like an hour or two ago. We just gotta learn how to play against him. We go through this everytime a character is released, whether it's here, overwatch, or anything else. just take some time and I'm sure in 3 weeks people are going to be like "he's okay" or "maybe he need a little buff".

Message 2 of 19 (1,218 Views)

★ Guide

I agree, with condor, Revenant just released. I would worry about other legends getting nerfed and not Revenant. Reveneant just has a different play style.

Message 3 of 19 (1,203 Views)

★ Guide
@Benchwarmerbrew That's alarming but it's how companies make sales. Here is the newest characters folks oh he's perfect for you newbies because he can't die when using his ultimate now buy him. The latest stuff is always op.
Message 4 of 19 (1,183 Views)

★ Guide

Actually even pros can have difficulties and also use him in great ways though as well. I just think that he is a new legend and he brings a new type of game-play. The ultimate is not op, it just like a back-up such as kinda wraith's portal, but with an guarantee, but no hp change. It's interesting and can bring a new type of fun for the whole squad. I've also notice that the newer characters are not playing revenant, probably, because they don't understand how to use him. I think Revenant is an okay legend and shouldn't be changed. 

Message 5 of 19 (1,176 Views)

★ Guide

Anyway, his tactical is more op than the ultimate. He certainly is shaking up the meta with this ability. I'm hoping a nerf comes along from 10 seconds down to 7 or 5.

Message 6 of 19 (1,121 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I will say that at face value, 10 seconds is an awfully long time. but the AoE of his tactical isn't very big, so unless you hit all three people directly, its unlikely that you'll hit everyone with it. so realistically, his tactical only gives you an edge on one character, which makes it much more understandable, and forced you to target specific players as a team and then push at the same time. 

Message 7 of 19 (1,068 Views)

★★★ Pro

You say everyone is overpowered or needs a nerf.

Revs ult shadow form only has less than 100 HP and it depends when that player entered shadow form mode. 

You can't deal 100 damage to kill a shadow??? It not overpowered at all. 

Message 8 of 19 (1,056 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Leo_the_Lion25 I agree the new legend is balanced and most high level teams have stopped using him exclusively.
His climbing and silent crouch movement are his strong points. His ultimate is annoying at best, just like every other ultimate.
Message 9 of 19 (1,035 Views)

★★ Expert
@Benchwarmerbrew In addition to what other people are saying, the death totem also has a relatively short range, so it really isn’t across the map.
Message 10 of 19 (1,027 Views)