Re: Revenant buff suggestions

by CompleatBeet

Original Post

Revenant buff suggestions

★★★★★ Apprentice

Revenant is currently in a bit of a rough spot. Not terrible, but definitely on the weaker side. So figured I'd give my input on what could be done to improve him!

I've heard mentions of his hitbox potentionally being looked at, but what if instead, they make Revenant Fortified? This would make him just a little tougher to offset his large hitbox, prevent him from being slowed down from being hit, and it fits him quite well, both size-wise and lore-wise. He's a literal murder bot, built for combat, having experienced hundreds if not thousands of deaths. Having him be able to take a beating and shrug off pain better than the average legend would fit that image quite well.

Another suggestion to help him counter the bunker meta a bit, as well make his Silence have more uses: Make his Silence destroy deployables. Be it Caustic traps, Wattson fences, even Rampart walls and Sheila (maybe have it require two orbs for those), Lifeline's drone, oneshot Mirage clones, maybe even let it pop Gibby's shield. Should also prevent any new deployables from being placed in its area for the duration the orb lingers there, perhaps even able to eat any abilities thrown directly into it. Things like smokebombs, Gibraltar/Bangalore/Caustic ults, etc, but only if tossed into the orbs area of effect. After they've been set off, you shouldn't be able to just toss an orb to remove it, but it would let you block a Caustic from being able to throw his ult in (or Gibby's ult out) through a window or doorway for a couple of seconds. Shouldn't work against grenades, as those aren't abilities. Would give it more use cases, as you'd be able to not only use it against enemies to prevent them from casting abilities, but would also be able to use it to nullify a lot of abilities.

And third, as many others have pointed out... Buff Revenant's climbing ability. Honestly think you should be able to climb forever. But if not infinite climb... At least make Revenant be able to climb as high as Horizon's tactical. Full speed for the entire stretch regular legends can climb, then dropping down to half speed for the rest of the way, so you remain somewhat vulnerable when making a long climb.

His ultimate could use some looking at too, even if just its visibility to your team. It's practically impossible to have your teammates use the totem in pubs.

Message 1 of 5 (399 Views)

★★★ Novice

Agree with infinite climb. That's how he was sold to us in his trailer. That's how he needs to be. That will probably be the only thing they need to do to him to get him where he needs to be.

Message 2 of 5 (378 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Don't think buffing the climb alone is enough to make him good, but it'd be a start. Really do think they should also make him a Fortified legend, and let the orbs at the very least destroy Caustic traps without setting them off, and take out Wattson fences in one hit.

Hmm. Would making Revenant walk silently be too good? I mean, he already crouchwalks at full speed, so don't think it'd be too unreasonable to make him silent when walking too. Obviously still would make sounds when sprinting/sliding. Make the sound of him sprinting extra clear (as in, easy to identify, not as in louder) so you know you can expect a Rev sneaking about when the sound stops.

Message 3 of 5 (376 Views)

★★★ Pro

Hey @RedpawsQ 

The Fortified perk wouldn't suit Revenant because he's an aggressive character, and that perk is for Caustic and Gibraltar only because of their stupid-big hitboxes.

His hitbox is getting some adjustments soon so he should be a little harder to hit.

I agree that his climb is underwhelming but an infinite climb might be too much. I mean, extreme vertical mobility would be great for him but you have Pathfinder for that. I'd say maybe double his climbing distance but remove the climbing fatigue.

Message 4 of 5 (323 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@CompleatBeet Fortify would suit him, since his hitbox IS big, would fit his lore really well, and would obviously be the alternative to adjusting his hitbox size.

And the climb really should be able to go as high as Horizon's tactical. Would let him climb most regular structures, which would give it a lot more use.

And on the note of letting his silence destroy deployables, if not that... Maybe at least have it 'silence' them, disabling gas traps, fences, Sheila and what have you for the same duration as it disable Legend abilities.
Message 5 of 5 (279 Views)