Re: Revenant buff is good, but the CLIMB

by Sir_Named

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Revenant buff is good, but the CLIMB

★ Guide

I am so happy with Revenant's totem radius being dropped. The only thing he needs to make him an excellent legend is a buff to his climb. It currently doesn't go high or fast enough to be useful. Anywhere Revenant can climb, all the other legends can follow as long as they are smart. Like Pathfinder and Loba, he should be able to climb to unreachable places. There also shouldn't be any slow because he is a complete target for any enemies and you get destroyed. There are also walls that would be perfect for Revenant, but there are always boxes for the other legends to get there too. If Revenant could climb whole buildings like the ones in Artillery than he would be a top pick for sure.

Message 1 of 38 (2,205 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Expert

What if they kept the actual climb height the same, but you maintain your speed more? 

View in thread

Message 25 of 38 (2,321 Views)

All Replies

★★ Expert
@NagTheNaggy It’d be cool if he could climb higher.
It’d also be cool if the buffed the crouch walk speed, but I don’t think they can or else he’d move faster than walk speed.
Message 2 of 38 (2,174 Views)

★★ Pro

He doesn`t need to be spiderman. His passive is already great. Moving the same speed when you are crouched is a big thing, if you know how to strafe properly, this is a huge thing.

All the buffs to him are very powerful. And i don`t like the remove of his ultimate range. I`m not okay with it. And totally not okay with the 20sec. CD disabling abilities. Its too powerful.

Message 3 of 38 (2,136 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@NagTheNaggy 100% true but he also needs his tactical and ultimate buffed
Message 4 of 38 (2,119 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@LordloshBang Sorry bud but the data doesn't support what you said, Revenant might be one of the most useless (if not the most useless) character in the game as for now, His passive only allow him to climb a little bit faster than other legends and most of the times you can reach the place a Revenant climbed too even without using any ability. Tactical is the most situational ability in the game and one of the easiest to counter. It does very little damage and you can still rely on your movement skills to outrun/reposition. Even worse there are characters who don't use their abilities that much during fights (Crypto rarely use any of his abilities if he is being pushed, Wattson and Caustic would most likely already deployed their defences if they are being pushed, And so on). Ultimate isn't very helpful and can put you and your teammates in imminent danger if anything went wrong. If you are having a hard time facing Reveant, Maybe it has something to do with your skills, Not the character.
Message 5 of 38 (2,113 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@SERPENT_DESCEND wrote:
@LordloshBangSorry bud but the data doesn't support what you said, Revenant might be one of the most useless (if not the most useless) character in the game as for now, His passive only allow him to climb a little bit faster than other legends and most of the times you can reach the place a Revenant climbed too even without using any ability. Tactical is the most situational ability in the game and one of the easiest to counter. It does very little damage and you can still rely on your movement skills to outrun/reposition. Even worse there are characters who don't use their abilities that much during fights (Crypto rarely use any of his abilities if he is being pushed, Wattson and Caustic would most likely already deployed their defences if they are being pushed, And so on). Ultimate isn't very helpful and can put you and your teammates in imminent danger if anything went wrong. If you are having a hard time facing Reveant, Maybe it has something to do with your skills, Not the character.

Maybe if you have a harder time playing Revenant, it has something to with your skills, not with the character? How that sounds ?

Pick rate is a good statistics, but stats are like a short skirt, its shows a lot, but hide the most important thing !!!

Gibraltar has the 5th lowest pick rate in season 5, with 4.15%. Revenant is with 3.25 infront of reworked Mirage, who is with 3.23, which is a thing.

Pickrate its not just about who the best legend is, and a lot of people plays what fit their style or what they like, like me for example.

I`m playing Bangalore, yet she ain`t that good, but i`m used to here and i like here, and i have my way to play the game with her and i play her.

You see me spamming thread about her to get buffed or crying about her abilities being bad ? NO! iI try to find the reason and the best use of her abilities and to improve.

This is exactly what you Revenant players ain`t doing it.

I will give example with other high competitive game - Mortal Kombat 11. At the beginning everyone was crying that Liu Kang is bad, ninjakilla start playing him, and destroing everyone with it, he became S++ tier(his kit was amazing and from day 1 i was saying he is top 3 character).

Another quick example. Johnny Cage was somehow mid tier, until SonicFOx pick him and show the world how he was meant to be played and won multiple grand tournaments with him.

Then he done the same with serveral different characters, that was so call "low" tiers and all the ppl were saying they are bad.

I hope you get the point i`m making.

So let me get back at Revenant.

His passive is 100% movement speed while crouching(excluding sprinting), which is completely insane and help tremendously at mid to high to top to pro level of gameplay where you have good movement/strafing. Making yourself twice as smaller target and still move at normal speed is a huge thing. 

Still i don`t know how Revenant players not get that. And on top of that, on a single ability passive, he get 1 more perk.

Revenant can climb walls 2 times as high as a normal Legend [about 10-11 meters]. He can also climb shorter walls 25% faster because it takes longer for his climbing speed to decelerate.

This is purely one of the best passive in games currently. I still don`t get for what people are complaining about it. You just need to understand how to get advantage out of it.

Lets move to his Tactical. Situational you siad? Revenant is purely build as anti-hero, and this is the most anti ability in the game, that is insanely strong.

Firstable its made incredible stupidly and blind you completely(which should be reworked asap), the silence time to take enemy ability is ridiculous high - 20 seconds(which is insanely OP and should be nerfed to 10sec), and on top of that do 10 damage, and has 2 charges, with a joke 25 sec CD ....

This is a great ability, and if you think its bad, its because you don`t know how to use this ability to its strength.

Lets move to his Ultimate.

You saying Ultimate isn`t very helpful, really? How ? Because you obviously don`t use it, as it intended, you obviously don`t know how to use his ultimate, yet complain about it?

His ultimate is extremely strong, because its allow your entire team to go into shadow mode and get killed with like zero consensuses(50 hp actually).
This extremely powerful, because in other words, you simply exchange 50 hp to 100 hp and allows you to push or defend against enemy team and do significantly damage, get killed, but yet be back in the game with full shields and in just for exchange of 50 hp.

If that ultimate ain`t great, i don`t know what is it.

And let see the changes he is getting this patch:
His ultimate got no range(this is unheard of and ridiculous and should be reverted asap) and his tactical can cancel Wraith mid-Phase  she is in phase, and Pathy being mid-grapple .....

The way i see it, Revenant buffing time its over, from now on he is going downside. He will either receive a rework or a nerfs.

Again people should learn to how use their legends to their strengths and how to play them to their strengths, instead of just complaining, without looking at the whole pictures.

But today kids, are just watching streamers and waiting someone to show them how to do the stuffs, and they are just lazy and not doing anything by themself.

Sorry to ruin your day Revenant is already strong enough. Even if they make him god tier, his pick rate could still be low. Gibraltar is top 3 legend, yet in S4(where he was at his best) his pick rate was 4.40 standing at 8 place, yet he is still a top 3 or top 5 legend. Which tells you a story that other factors play huge role in terms of pick rate.

And Revenant S4 pick rate was at 7 place(according to The Gaming Merchant) with 4.90 ....

Revenant has incredible powerful kit, which is specific and kinda unique, and people needs to learn how to play towards his kit and use his strengths.

For me he is very strong and its extremely useful in a lot of situations. But he ain`t got a escape mechanism ability or speed ability and this is the main reason he won`t ever got to very high pick rate.

Message 6 of 38 (2,073 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@LordloshBang If a player is good, Then they would do good with any character simply because they are good at the game mechanics, Not characters abilities, I have seen so many pro streamers and the one thing I noticed is that they don't rely on a legend ability at all instead they rely on their game mechanics skills. Also how is the subject we are talking about have anything to do with streamers influence? This is like saying people disliked fortnite when it wasn't popular but liked it after many streamers start streaming it, Sure it became more popular but that doesnt necessarily mean it is good. I have seen so many people saying this legend is fine and it's your fault for not being good at him etc when a specific legend/balance change comes out to the point that I start ignoring them tbh. I wonder how would people react if I suggest all the changes made by the devs so far to Revenant at the time of his release.
Message 7 of 38 (2,049 Views)

★ Guide
@LordloshBang His tactical is definitely not too powerful. It is only effective against 1/3 of the legends. His crouch walk is great, yes, but his climb is way too slow to be effective. Revenant's climb is his only escape ability, but if you play him then you know how easy it is for people to beam you while climbing. As I said in my post, anywhere Revenant can climb, all other legends can follow as long as you are smart with where you climb. Revenant's climb should be on the same level as Pathfinder or Loba so he can reposition QUICKLY. In third person, he is as slow as a slug on the last stretch of his climb and he is so easy to hit. As a console player, this will be even worse with the aim assist that will come when playing with pc players in the upcoming crossplay. Even if the climb isn't made higher (which it should be) then it needs to have no slow at the max height.
Message 8 of 38 (2,021 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Main thing I notice when people complain about revenant is dat they treat him like a tank character instead ur scout/stealth/rogue characters that or I’ve noticed a lot of people don’t really know how to properly use him or his skills to benifit them and their team 

me personally I main him constantly and I love his character I would only want to see soft buffs at dis point and maybe a rework on his totem so enemies can’t use it other den dat I’m very happy wit revenant his character kit fits my stealth and flanking play style perfectly 

Message 9 of 38 (2,008 Views)

★★ Apprentice

You just got a broken ult and you're still asking for more ?

Message 10 of 38 (1,997 Views)