Re: Revenant Totem and Climb Buff

by NagTheNaggy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Revenant Totem and Climb Buff

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

It's no surprise that Revenant still needs a buff. Even after he got one, he still lacks. I am not just some blow-joe guy who doesn't play Revenant because I think he's bad. He is my main: 20 bomb 2,800 kills, and over 100 wins; I know what I'm talking about.

The Totem:

The totem does not work how it does in any pieces of the lore of Apex. The totem is supposed to make you a shadow that has increased speed, infinite climbing that is very fast, high melee damage, and silent movement. This was seen in the Fight or Fright event as well as "Enter the Revenants".

The one we got in game only sends you back to it if you die. You are a shadow but don't have any of the buffs. You are really only a normal player that looks like a shadow. It doesn't add anything new to the game and makes Revenant very boring to play.

I suggest that the totem gets buffed to make you a TRUE shadow. I realize that only being able to do melee damage would be bad, so the totem should give you the abilities of a shadow but you keep your weapons. This way, the totem can be used in many more ways. You could use the high speeds of being a shadow to not only push fights and out-manuever but also flee. The totem should also be silent when you activate it. Revenant is supposed to be the "silent assassin", so it doesn't make sense for his ultimate to be loud and obvious. These changes would make Revenant's ultimate so much more versatile.

The Passive Climb:

We all know that Revenant's climb is a joke. He is supposed to be able to quickly out-manuever people, but his climb is incredibly slow. It also does not go nearly as high as it should. Other legends like Pathfinder, Loba, and Octane can all get to high places much quicker than Revenant, even though climbing is one of the main things going for him.

I suggest making Revenant's climb double the height it is now, as well as removing the slow when getting higher. This way Revenant could truly get that push he needs to flank teams.

Overall Revenant needs some more buffs to make him really viable. He is very situational as he stands now, and is not the most fun legend out there. I really hope changes will come to my favorite legend of the arena.

Edit Dec. 13 2020: The climb should be infinite. It's really not overpowered. Horizon can go extremely high with the whole team without a wall. Revenant's passive is just for himself and there are no places where his current climb really helps. Infinite climb and wall hang from Titanfall 2, only being able to hipfire.

Message 1 of 19 (2,386 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie

They need to get rid of the going back to the totem in general and just make the ult more useful. Make it more accurate to the lore and just turn into a cloud of smoke that can move around freely without taking damage for a few second exactly like in the season 4 launch trailer and everything else I agree with you and the meta just needs to change mainly in pro play

View in thread

Message 12 of 19 (2,671 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Guide
@NagTheNaggy I agree on all of these but one thing I was thinking about is instead of legends being able to use their guns, Once legends activate the totem they all start with 50 HP and cant use their weapons and abilities while Revenant start with full health and is able to use his weapons and abilities like normal and you return to the totem with full health,This way you can quickly return to the fight before your enemies healed themselves.
Message 2 of 19 (2,352 Views)

★ Guide

Yeah but then people might not want to use his totem. I really love the shadows from fight or fright, but only being able to do melee damage in the actual game with death protection would be a major setback. Thats why I think we should get all the buffs of being a shadow but instead of melee you use your guns, but no abilities

Message 3 of 19 (2,343 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@NagTheNaggy yeah but There is nothing to lose anyway, Even if you mess up you would return with full hp. I myself would use it even more tbh
Message 4 of 19 (2,320 Views)

★★★ Guide
@SERPENT_DESCEND
That would quickly turn south in higher ranked games where the minute someone actually see's you the shadow becomes swiss cheese. There are also area's that are inaccessible to climbing as a shadow overall (train yard boxes), so what good would melee do when the enemy has highground, easy line of sight, and you just outright can't touch them with melee?

@NagTheNaggy
The totem giving players a slight speed boost and giving them revenant's climbing passive while in shadow form instead of their own could be an interesting idea (then it's a strategy choice to use it). It would also make it easier to balance since you wouldn't have doubling down of powers while in use. I wouldn't necessarily double his climbing height, but maybe make his climbing speed consistent until top height where it stops outright, and then double it while in shadow form. I also always viewed revenant as someone whom would be able to actually cling to walls (immobile). Which is accurate considering what we literally just saw in the story with him dropping off the bloody ceiling.

They kind of thought about giving the shadows new abilities / separate from player abilities but decided not to in the end. What if they did?

One of the actual major issues with his climbing ability in general, is what is actually climbable. Any slightly curbed or bumpy surface instantly becomes unclimbable, which in of itself sets back his climbing capabilities overall. A slight ledge completely prevent you from getting high ground, or a teeny tiny obstacle, even tho it would totally be climbable. Fixing climbing mechanics in general would be a significant buff to the one whom uses them as part of his core passive.
Message 5 of 19 (2,296 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Monhulio They can still go there with ziplines but even if they don't use them then they can also damage the enemies as Revenant's teammates would serve as a distraction while Revenant (being able to use his weapons and guns in shadow form) could damage them, with that being said the advantage of it would not be limited to only pushing tho as you can use the speed and climbing buff to reposition
Message 6 of 19 (2,282 Views)

★ Guide

That is another thing I forgot to mention in this post, is the clinging to walls. This would be great. It could work like how it did in Titanfall 2, where you aim your gun and then you cling to the wall.

As for the climbing, I do still think Revenant's base climbing should go a bit higher. Any place where Revenant can currently climb, other legends can also get to it. The places where he actually needs to climb that other legends like Pathfinder, Loba, and Octane can get to, he can't even get to. In the trailer we saw him climb a flippin skyscraper, but in game he can barely climb a tree.

Message 7 of 19 (2,259 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Totally agree he needs a climb buff and they need to make a full tweak on his Ult. His ult is good but it’s not how it was portrayed in the Halloween event. I would love that when in shadow form we get speed and get Revenant’s climb. Because that’s a shadow, although I do not really want to melee but rather to keep our guns instead. And yes Revenant climb is a complete joke. Trailers showed he climbed a skyscraper but he can barely even climb a dang pole. And currently everywhere where Revenant can climb basically all the legends can climb too. It definitely needs to be buff at least double from what he currently climbs now cause as of right now if your smart enough your able to climb where Revenant climbs with any legend. There might be like 3 or 4 spots where Revenant can climb where legends can’t but that’s not even enough. And climbing in the maps can be situational and Revenant alone needs to be the best legend for that situation. When I climb a building I don’t wanna see other legends besides pathfinder, loba, and octane to not be able to get there. His climbing doesn’t even come close to Loba tactical and Pathfinder. Doubling it will keep up with it but their abilities on getting high ground will be better. I just want to be able to get up a tall building where Pathfinder and Loba are and to be able to climb it. Literally all the hype around Revenant was because of his climb, because people assumed by the trailers that he would be able to climb skyscrapers and tall buildings so when he was released people were disappointed on him. He wasn’t good overall when he first got relief but the hype around the trailers lied all around. People were so thrilled to have another legend to scale buildings and to keep up with Pathfinder grapple, but they didn’t get that. And I believe that’s why much people don’t use him that much. I respect the people out there who do use him though cause I’m a Revenant main myself, but gosh dang he needs a buff and it gets me frustrated because respawn ruined the most hyped legend. Although his recent buffs were good and needed, but I believe he still needs improvement

Message 8 of 19 (2,231 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@OzynPS Completely agree on that
Message 9 of 19 (2,201 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@SERPENT_DESCEND Thanks brother!
Message 10 of 19 (2,198 Views)