Revenant Knife Hand Idea/Proposal

by eldaggo

Original Post

Revenant Knife Hand Idea/Proposal

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

So, in most of the videos showing or featuring Revenant, he seems to like turning his hand into a knife type thing and stabbing people with it- and outside of a legendary finisher, he weirdly never does it in game. He doesn’t even do it in his melee animations, besides a normal looking hand chop. So that got me thinking, what if he was able to do some sort of “backstab” type thing in a tf2 spy-esque fashion? He is an assassin type character with a pension for literally stabbing in the back after all. If it were to work as a one-shot kill type thing, I wouldn’t think that the mechanic would work with the same “lunge” magnetism that the typical melee has, so it’s questionable how useful this ability would be in the first place. However, the potential coolness factor would probably be enough to make me try it even if it were to replace his tactical or something similar. 

Do I think it should be an ability to replace his tactical? Well, lore wise I think it makes more sense for his kit to prioritize “up close and personal” type assassination rather than disabling abilities. Mechanically speaking, it would theoretically just make him weaker and even more situational depending on the severity of the attack. His kit seems to be built around coordinated team aggression. IE, let the team distract the enemy party while Revenant flanks. While his tactical would still be useful for preventing escape options from legends like Octane and Wraith, coming in from behind and silently taking out one of the opposing squad’s members would seem to work better for that kind of play style (I’m sure Wraith mains that despise Revenant would love to see that tactical disappear, hehe. Though this is all coming from a Revenant main, so take that as you will I suppose). 

In any case, I tend to love playing stealth based characters in video games, and figured this idea would suit that pretty well. While I’m aware that I did not provide much in regards to mechanical specifics of how the robo-knife hand attack would work in game, I figured the idea was worth sharing to see what others/the dev team themselves think of it. I know so much time goes into tweaking and figuring out each characters kit to work well both mechanically and lore wise, so I doubt that this idea will actually get anywhere (and I imagine reworking a kit is no small task), but I figured it was worth throwing out there.

(On a side note, outside of gameplay trailers, he never uses his tactical I don’t believe. Which made me realize that Seer has shown more of their abilities than Revenant has in the cinematic trailers. It’s not really relevant to the topic, but interesting none the less).

Message 1 of 1 (261 Views)