Re: Revenant Buff

by SERPENT_DESCEND

Original Post

Revenant Buff

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Concept

Revenant is in a strong place at the moment and I think he has potential to become a plausible pick in tournaments and higher ranked play. Wraith does need some competition in the offensive department and I think these changes could make him a contender.

Changes

• Ultimate Ability cooldown increased moderately
  • When a player interacts with the totem they become a weaker Shadowfall shadow: they have 30% increased speed/100% increased crouch speed, 50 HP, three times the climbing height of a normal player, have a Bangalore-size hitbox and can only attack with a 50 HP melee
  • You can return to the totem at any time with the same HP you had as a shadow
  • Moderately increase the radius in which the totem and shadow audio cues can be heard and make them pretty loud so enemies can hear the shadows coming
  • Make his climbing louder but quicker and higher
  • Silence charges reduced from 2-->1
  • Silence deactivates activated gas barrels and gas/smoke clouds + dome shields in mid-formation + Lifeline auto revive
  • Silence is no longer affected by Interceptors and can temporarily disable them (for as long as the silence "cloud" exists)
  • Increase Silence AOE
  • Silence lasts 7.5 seconds on normal enemies, 10 seconds on Low Profile enemies and 5 seconds on Fortified enemies
  • Silence cooldown increased slightly (5-10 secs)

Conclusion

These changes may seem overpowered on paper, but they simply make him an efficient breaching tool. The shadows are as fast as a double-timing Bangalore or stimming Octane, are very loud so they can be heard before they attack but aren't really good at breaching Wattson/Caustic defenses. The silence changes are designed to further pursue Revenant's purpose as a Legend who is silent, but when he strikes he leaves little room for escape.

Message 1 of 10 (744 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@CompleatBeet Ur "buff" ideas would make him useless, ur changes to the totem won't work cuz it will make it melee based ability which wouldn't work in a shooting game and ur changes to his silence which arguably isnt that good to begin with are mostly nerfs
Message 2 of 10 (731 Views)

★ Guide
@CompleatBeet No. I like revvy as he is. and his silence stops lifeline's passive anyway.
Message 3 of 10 (729 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@CompleatBeet If I were to buff him I'd make his silence disable meds/shields items this way your guaranteed to fight the enemies with the same hp u left them with after u returned to the totem I'd also increase his climb height and speed cuz it's almost usless buildings are either too short n anyone can climb or too high last thing I'd give teammates Revenant passive when they activate his totem so they won't expose him when he decide to have stealthy approach or worse leave him push alone when he decide to climb cuz it's too high for them
Message 4 of 10 (718 Views)

★★★ Guide

These are nerfs. I feel like a real buff would be making revenant be able to climb and hang onto ceilings I would love this to jumpscare people when they walk on up in the wrong building.

Message 5 of 10 (686 Views)

★ Guide
@CompleatBeet The whole point of his passive is to be sneaky, and you want to make it louder?
Message 6 of 10 (639 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@CompleatBeetNo, I think right now he only needs a few simple buffs to his silence. His ult. is at a perfect place, and a 50 damage melee would do nothing because by the time you hit, your already back at the totem. A good buff to him would make it so that his silence either stops people from reving or being revived, or stops them from healing.

Message 7 of 10 (623 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I only buff revenant really needs is for them to get rid off the limit on his wall climb as it is it makes going up the top of most buildings Impossible with him it would be nice if going back to the total reload your weapon as well

Message 8 of 10 (581 Views)

★ Guide
@Hilshire12 Infinite climb would be massively op, the current climb definitely needs a buff but infinite would be way too op.
Message 9 of 10 (539 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This is cool, I really like most of these, such as having higher climbing as a shadow. However increased crouch speed is not needed because, as a shadow people can usually hear the sound. Also its usually used for pushing teams. Trying to be sneaky with it would just waste the ultimate because you would run out of time as a shadow. Being sneaky is not needed because you have 2 lives. Also the disabling Wattson Pylon also makes no sense because it would be nerfing her and she needs many buffs. Also she can intercept anything throwable, even Bangalore smoke, so this buff is defo not needed. However I do agree with some because he is strong now however to easy to hit, and his ultimate is usually wasted because of the amount of health you have. Bring's you back to the totem almost instantly.

Message 10 of 10 (468 Views)