Re: Revenant Buff

by Alphabets

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@Sir_NamedYou were totally right, they heard us!

Patch notes:

Revenant - Player feedback that Revenant wasn't feeling viable enough has been loud and clear and game data showed the same. Our goal is to bring his effectiveness up to parity with other Legends.

Silence
Increased duration of status effect from 10s -> 20s
Silence now disables Gibraltar’s Gun Shield.
Increased the duration of area of effect from 5s -> 10s
Silence has 2 charges now

Death Totem
Characters are now respawned with 50 health (or whatever health they had when they activated it, if lower) instead of 1

Removed Low Profile

Also they said this is fixed now: Fixed bug for cases when Revenant places his ULT Death Totem on the train, a player is respawned to it while on the train, and the train is moving, the player could be respawned somewhere else on the map or even off the map.

https://www.ea.com/de-de/games/apex-legends/news/old-ways-patch-notes

I didn't test him yet, but they sound good and I hope he works better now and we finally see him in Ranked.

Message 51 of 59 (647 Views)

★★★ Pro

They removed Low Profile from him which gives me hope they will remove it from Lifeline and Wattson someday because these two have zero escape abilities.

Rev's new buffs are huge though. 

Message 52 of 59 (625 Views)

★★ Expert
@Leo_the_Lion25 They do have small hitboxes, which is why they have low profile. It doesn’t really matter if they have mobility, low profile is just based off of hitboxes.
Message 53 of 59 (617 Views)

@Alphabets Loving the buffs. I enjoyed using him before, but now he's certainly stronger.
Only downside is he's getting picked more now.
Message 54 of 59 (590 Views)

★★★ Newbie

But we all now Gibby is Jesus Almighty himself, and nothing can beat him in any way.

Message 55 of 59 (490 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

I already shared these photos in another topic a few days ago, but since this topic is hot and mine is vanished, I thought it's better if share them here. 

Attached photos illustrate the usage and win rate of Revenant in the past weeks, before and after the "buff" in April:

Reference: https://dreamteam.gg/apex/legends

Edit:

You can find the topic I'm talking about here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Legends-Feedback/Revenant-seriously-needs-a-buff/m-p/9151240#M9524

Message 56 of 59 (469 Views)

★★ Expert
@Alphabets Not sure this topic is "hot" for the right reasons, some new guy just randomly commented about how Gibby is super strong.
Message 57 of 59 (458 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Sylvester9991 the silence definitely needs to be launch further. They should make it the same range as bangalores smoke.
Message 58 of 59 (380 Views)

★ Guide

I'm looking back on this post after his buff, and none of this was covered even though this is the most viewed post about a Revenant buff. The climbing definitely needs to be higher, 3 times what normal legends climb or double what it is now, and a LOT faster. It is just too slow to be used to escape or out-manuever people.

I love your ultimate changes ideas. I disagree with the melee aspect because this is a gun game, not fight or fright. That being said, fight or fright has been my all time favorite LTM and I would love for an aspect of it to be in the main game permanently. Respawn really missed out on Revenant's ultimate. It turns you into a shadow, but you don't get any of the buffs?? That is not a shadow... The ultimate needs to give you all the buffs of being a shadow (Fast movement, fast and high climb, and nearly silent movement) minus the melee damage so we can still use our weapons. To compensate for these buffs, legends who use the totem can't use their abilities.

I also think something should be done about the silence because it is not that hard to deal with. People usually just run right through it and are not afraid of losing their abilities. This could be changed by raising the damage, or adding a secondary ability to it that pings their location every 5 seconds or so.

Message 59 of 59 (333 Views)