Re: Remove lifeline auto revive

by WhiteJackal-16

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Remove lifeline auto revive

★ Guide

She is Too OP and breaking the game.
last time i killed her teammates 3 times and she kept reviving them one after the other & in the end after killing her i just find myself shot in the back from her teammate that was being revived after i killed him 3 times.

Message 1 of 30 (2,056 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Guide
Message 30 of 30 (1,090 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide
@ I usually kill the lifeline first or the teammates.
Message 2 of 30 (1,962 Views)

★ Apprentice

You *have* realized that A: She's a medic-focused character, so she's strong in that suit,

and B: if she's giving you some trouble, try to finish off the enemy before she gets there, or if she's in the area, focus her down.

Not so much as breaking the game, but a Lifeline main *will* give you trouble.

Message 3 of 30 (1,952 Views)

★ Apprentice

Also, I would like to ask. 

When her auto revive is removed...

Then how would you buff her to compensate for that loss? 

Faster revive time? No point, Gibby has that covered.

Protective barrier? Gibby has that on all sides.

I guarantee you this is the best way Lifeline can remain as a more effective legend than previously. If you disagree, then prove me wrong with an idea that's more "balanced" than this one.

Message 4 of 30 (1,949 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@WhiteJackal-16 I think a lot of people would be happier if she just wasn’t able to repeatedly spam it. Maybe give her two auto-revives per every 40, 50, or 60 sec? That would be more balanced I think, instead of having a Lifeline use her auto-shielded-revive 10 times in a 2 min gun fight
Message 5 of 30 (1,927 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@WhiteJackal-16 easy. Get rid of the damn shield. Gibby needs to be there to revive his teammate. Lifeline doesnt. Its infuriating to have a lifeline hiding behind the shield just for their teammate to get back up and gun you down
Message 6 of 30 (1,849 Views)

★★ Apprentice

She is very frustrating to go up against really changes the game. I had two downed and then lifeline comes and just revives 1 and just shoots me while I was healing. Her shield is just too much for me. I couldn’t do anything because as soon as that one person got up they started shooting me. She needs a new way to counter which in my opinion her shield should allow grenades to pass through it. Her shield should also only have 200 hit points. I think it might make the revive better to deal with. She is just too much right now. My last idea would be too add some kind of debuff after the revive such as slowness, 1 hp or can’t use weapons for a few seconds. Might balance, idk 

Message 7 of 30 (1,832 Views)

★★★ Novice

I would say just give it like a 5 second cooldown or something, remember without that she was practically forced out of the game, beacuse of gibby and mirage having better rez options at the time

Message 8 of 30 (1,809 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Its a bad mechanics that needs to go, and she needs to be reworked once again. She was actually perfectly fine before this change. Her pick rate was huge in ranked.

She needed a ultimate and tactical buff, not passive rework.

Never ever before i have games with 1000+ damage and no kills, thanks to her.

Its stealing your kill, and we are playing a FPS game, where the goal is to get kill.

Not to mentiom its making me taking more risk, esp when you are playing with minus 1 player or even minus 2. You are pretty much done.

I should be awarded for getting a knock(kill), not penalized and making me take more risk.

Before i was just easy on it and take a bat after i down, now i have to thirst or pretty much lose my kill.

I say this long ago. The whole auto-revive  needs to be gone. Its a spammable noob skill, that doesn`t require even slightly skill.

[CM - Edited for profanity]

Message 9 of 30 (1,770 Views)

★ Pro
@ i have to agree with you.. auto revive is useful in casual games but in ranked it becomes too overpowering.. i feel respawn has to figure out proper balancing of legends by season 8 in ranked, it cannot be the same as in casual games
Message 10 of 30 (1,751 Views)