Re: Remove Caustic For God's Sake

by Zamaha400

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Remove Caustic For God's Sake

★★★ Novice

Caustic does not fir in this game. Only people who use him are guys from calp of duty wantin to sit in a room and camp (boring) everytime I get in a gane with one he can't keep up with me and my other team mate. Throws gas traps on doors blocking his own team mates. His abilities have no use in the open in a field, only in a room, stuns and blurs his own team mates vision. Maybe not all of them but every caustic I play with or see just rush to steal loot hogging it all frim the rest of the team, gets vaukt key and runs full speed no matter how slow he is and leaves his team mates in a afight steals all the gear from the vault, and whenever they get downed they leave immediately. This legend was made by the devs so that terrible gamers with the inability to understand actually leaving a room and looking for fights. Caustic supports terrible playstyle and whenever I get one on my team I cold careless about winning and him dying and leaving the ganlies makes the fame better in the end

Message 1 of 61 (3,951 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Expert
@UT3Fan Well, you can’t compare balancing from Quake to balancing in Apex Legends if Quake doesn’t even have multiple characters. And guess what? Overwatch is a multiplayer game with characters of different size and abilities. It’s still played a lot. Even so, most games don’t last 10 years, or remain relevant for 10 years.
Apex doesn’t update every week. And you know, your proposal to remove caustic would require an update, which you seem against.
Also, you do realize every character has the same run speed? The only reason other characters are faster is because they have abilities that let them gain temporary speed boosts.
Yes, some characters take less skill to use, but in return they don’t offer as high of a skill ceiling. If you were truly good, you would know how to avoid him.
His traps are nothing to especially fear. If you are so scared that you don’t want to go into a building and risk losing like 10 health because you were too blind to see the trap sitting in the corner, that’s nobodies fault but your own.
Sure, facts are facts, but opinions are not facts. Sure, there may be people who agree with you, but there are much more who don’t.
Sure, I can’t promise that your Caustic will run straight into a fight with you and die because their character doesn’t have the same abilities, but you just need to accept it.
Facts are facts, if you can’t accept it, that’s your problem. I know there are plenty of people who would agree with me.

View in thread

Message 9 of 61 (3,645 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

its seems like someone got killed by a caustic

Message 2 of 61 (3,900 Views)

★★★ Novice

It’s not my fault based off my experience 90% of caustics I meet are total trash douchebag players. And how is it fair if a team of pro players meet a single scrub at the end of the ring who just thrwant was his ultimate Andrew ills the final ring with his gas cloud and oh all the hard work and skill thrown into the trash because of a stupid totally unskill based character. He is the equivalent of a call of fudty camper with a clayhmorand sentry gun. They are the most boring to play and watch because I tried him so many times and he is not fun to play. Also he’s the only guy to jump out the ship with three weapons he can thro down and can kill a whole taeam without even picking up a weapon. If you can honestly tell me that caustic is fun to play with to play as or that he is just as fun and skill based to play as a wraith, pathfinder, or octane, etc. then you obviously play him yourself and don’t like getting butt hurt or your not a true fair pro player. I know a lot of players have gotten upset after getting down by a caustic who throws his gas trap down and shoots it so it kills you or Blocks the door to a room with one and sits there. Even watts has capabilities out in the open with her ultimate to stop grenades and you can shoot and destroy her fences much easier. I think this game can be greats and is definitely the best battle royale around not that I’m a big fan of them but it has the best movement and skill in modern day games. I just feel the game would be much better and fun and fast paced if he wasn’t in the game also most fhtme no matter how mnaynkills or wins they have or level or rank they just act very dumb and unaware of what happening now I’ve had a caustic player clutch my team by himself vs three teams and that was the only time I’ve seen that. But yeah that’s my piece I just wanted the game the best it can be and caustic seems built for bad trashy camping players. 

Message 3 of 61 (3,879 Views)

★ Guide

did you get traumatized that much by a caustic?

seriously, everyday i can only see nerf caustic too op, nerf gibi too op, nerf crypto drone (more) too op, nerf pk too op, nerf revenant too op( what?? revenant? why? that crouching movespeed must be too op). Did any of you played with these more than 50match?

but lets remove

-octane bcs he is just running and jumping while 24/7 healing himself...so stupid character

-mirage/revenant bcs doing zero thing

-gibi bcs he is just a turret character

-and wattson, another camper character....disgusting

Message 4 of 61 (3,842 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@UT3Fan So many dishonest points here.

#1Watson might be better in the open due to being skinnier but Caustics abilities are easier to use in the open and gain benefit from.

#2 Pro players who wait for the last second to run from the ring deserve to die. A dumb move is still a dumb move no matter how good you are.

#3 The top characters for stealing loot are Octane and Pathfinders for obvious reasons not that I don't love my Octane brothers. (They're the most likely to go back for my banner.)

Nearly everything you've said is false or an exaggeration of Caustics flaws as a Legend. Players do hate being slowed by his gas but that's it.

Message 5 of 61 (3,831 Views)

★★ Expert
@UT3Fan You do know that caustics traps are basically just as easy to break? Did you also know that Crypto’s ult literally counters caustic by destroying all of his traps? Caustic players can still be good players. Plus, his abilities are useful, as his traps can cover you in his gas while you revive, and his ult is a gas grenade, which can be thrown pretty far.
Message 6 of 61 (3,729 Views)

★★ Guide
@UT3Fan Sorry dude, pathfinder is by far worse than caustic and should be deleted/nerfed long before caustic.

You just need to learn HOW to play with/against a caustic, they serve a purpose and a certain type of gameplay for sure, but if played (with) right, he's a good legend.
Message 7 of 61 (3,711 Views)

★★★ Novice

Truth is any multiplayer game based on heroes and classes with different abilities will never be fair, balanced, or truly skill based. Old school arena shooters like Unreal Tournament or Quake had no different characters with different abilities everyone was the same size, same hotbox, same movement. And guess what those game are still played, and will continue to be played Apex Legends will not last 10 years it will last a while yes but will be forgotten. Also ganes like those didn't have to every week or month have a update because oh this weapons to good nerf it, this one's to weak buff it, this chracters is op or not meta. I hate the meta. Why can't the meta just he oh I'm better you play more till your better. Apex legends with all pathfinder would be way more fun. Instead the slow gibraltar trodding around or caustic are holding your Team back while the pathfinder and octane, or wraith can run fast dodge attacks, avoid being hit better, And if you honestly say caustic is totally cool, fair, and not at all op it's because you play him. And you know what I respect players who want to move, run in and destroy other players with super epic and fast paced movement that blows them away and makes them think "Man wish I could fo that I need to practice." What will a player think when a caustic kills him? "Woah man he sure through that trap down so skillfully, yo blocking the door with your trap and sitting in. The corner that's some next level stuff I should do that. Mandarin your super powerful fart cloud sure showed how much better you are." Caustic takes no where near the skill to use like wraith, octane. Or pathfinder. He's for people who can't master moving false evading other players fire, half the time I don't even want to go into a building fearing his traps will be there to remind me you should never try to rake cover in a building. Facts are facts if you can't accept it that's your problem I know there ls plenty of people who would are free with me.

Message 8 of 61 (3,656 Views)

★★ Expert
@UT3Fan Well, you can’t compare balancing from Quake to balancing in Apex Legends if Quake doesn’t even have multiple characters. And guess what? Overwatch is a multiplayer game with characters of different size and abilities. It’s still played a lot. Even so, most games don’t last 10 years, or remain relevant for 10 years.
Apex doesn’t update every week. And you know, your proposal to remove caustic would require an update, which you seem against.
Also, you do realize every character has the same run speed? The only reason other characters are faster is because they have abilities that let them gain temporary speed boosts.
Yes, some characters take less skill to use, but in return they don’t offer as high of a skill ceiling. If you were truly good, you would know how to avoid him.
His traps are nothing to especially fear. If you are so scared that you don’t want to go into a building and risk losing like 10 health because you were too blind to see the trap sitting in the corner, that’s nobodies fault but your own.
Sure, facts are facts, but opinions are not facts. Sure, there may be people who agree with you, but there are much more who don’t.
Sure, I can’t promise that your Caustic will run straight into a fight with you and die because their character doesn’t have the same abilities, but you just need to accept it.
Facts are facts, if you can’t accept it, that’s your problem. I know there are plenty of people who would agree with me.
Message 9 of 61 (3,646 Views)

★★★ Novice

Not every chracters has the same run speed hence why pathfinder has his grapple but almost every legends expect for gibraltar and caustic can put run him and I know. I have tested it with friends of mine who play apex and pathfinder, caustic, and gibraltar are the slowest. 

Message 10 of 61 (3,569 Views)