Rampart wall buff to promote usage

by KuyaBangBang

Original Post

Rampart wall buff to promote usage

★★★ Apprentice

Just a couple of ideas to buff Rampart's walls since... it's her name and all. I think with this idea, she may be as scrim-worthy as season 8 Wattson and hopefully wouldn't feel overpowered. These ideas also have the usability for all player-level types in mind.

The buff:

Have the amped barrier portion INCREASE health proportional to the base damage of the bullets that pass through the protected side of the wall.

Why:

- This promotes usage of the wall to maintain cover; The more you give off amplified shots, the longer you can use the walls to your advantage and promotes exchange of fires in gunfights.

- This would change gameplay behavior by needing to adopt a sentry-style of defensive play from the team using the walls-- which I'm assuming was the purpose of Rampart's abilities.

- This makes Rampart's walls a better potential temporary cover with the assumption that most non-beginner players already know the amped-walls are breakable with a mags-worth of bullets from most guns. Opposing players would then have to think about destroying the base-portion of the wall

- The health would depend on the usage of the walls itself-- you don't shoot back using the walls, you get less defense.

- This may potentially make the walls as useful as a Gibby dome during emergency defensive situations.

The other buff:

Regenerate the amped barrier portion of the wall after a certain period of time (like a Gibby arm shield).

Why:

- I'd only promote this if the first buff mentioned makes Rampart still feel underpowered, since Rampart can just make another wall again.

Thoughts?

Message 1 of 1 (141 Views)