Re: Rampart needs a big buff

by Seifenst1

Original Post

Rampart needs a big buff

★★★★ Novice

id like to speak on the state of rampart I've put over 100 hours into this legend purposely only picking her all of season 6 and most of season 7 and I generally enjoy her as a character but she is overly underpowered and almost unusable in most occasions . My main concern with rampart is that she is the worst legend in the game, she currently can get hard countered by 6 legend (crypto/alt, Gibraltar/alt and tac, caustic/alt and tac, Bangalore/alt and tac, horizon/alt and wraith/using tac and alt at the same time) and can also be slightly countered by other legends excluding mirage and Watson due to the fact that octane, Loba and path can rotate behind her shields wit risk. wit the recent buff of rampart I can see that the Developers behind her kit don't understand how under powered her kit is. I have a list of 3 buffs (first 2 buffs should be together) that wit out context could be seen as over powered but would ultimately make her a legend in a equal playing field with characters like Watson or Bangalore (B tier legend's). The first buff and the most important would be increase in shield durability, as a defensive legend this will increase her overall playability, usability and alt usability. her shields have way to many ways to counter it for them to be so fragile (almost all alts can either rotate past them or kill a rampart behind them or brake shields, also grenades can make her move from behind them and they can be destroyed before deployment). personally id say they should be double in durability or increased by at least  50 percent. This buff would also improve her alt usability giving her more time to place and use it wit cover (unpopular opinion it is already very accurate and the alt does not need anymore buffs).  The second buff I recommend is a increase of 4 held shields instead of 3 and a increased placement amount from 5 to 6. ramparts strong point is making long term defense where it cant be found and this slight buff would put this legend in a better place in meta for things like that to happen, it also would make a good hard counter against the "revenant push" while still having the chance to be hard countered by a crypto, Bangalore or Gibraltar alt. The next one is more so a tweak then a buff and is probably the least necessary, I think that climbing throw a amped wall should do stun (stun wit no damage), this would provide similar advantage to a caustic door block and also would solidify the thought of building a pentagon or triangle defense in open fields (id say this last one could be added if the first 2 buffs was not enough but not put straight in till the first 2 are evaluated through in game use). To end this off id just like to say I really enjoy this game but it feels like Developers fear the words over powered to much and should really evaluate the history of characters like bloodhound, crypto and revenant before they read this and say no that's to over powered because the standard that the Developers use those words in place of is exactly what fixed characters like them.(bloodhound, crypto, revenant  pre "op" buffs where hated legends and still wasn't as useless as a rampart or a octane)    

Message 1 of 22 (1,205 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@KoKillionaire I was thinking upgrading health of walls and increase it to three punches or grenades need to break it of course and increasing the size of the wall by like 1.50 but the size difference doesn't exactly matter. The stun thing seems kinda cool and I would have never thought of that but seems cool and definitely don't put damage on that but that still could be overpowered I mean maybe make it so that people are only stunned when the amped part is still up. I agree with the from 5 to 6 walls albed to be placed but keep 3 ready to placed instead of 4 and maybe decrease the cooldown instead since ramparts walls usually break when being set up. I also think the time to set up should be reduced to 2.5 instead of 3 cause I still think its too long.
Message 2 of 22 (1,192 Views)

★★ Expert

Maybe make the walls take 2 shots to break when setting up?

Message 3 of 22 (1,190 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Sir_Named that would actually change a lot I really like that idea
Message 4 of 22 (1,188 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@zombieshoota5000 I strongly agree wit the reduced time over the 4 shield thing it slipped my mind cause I was mad lol
Message 5 of 22 (1,184 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Both of these ideas are very good. I’d love to see stronger amped walls (the blue top part) cause you can destroy her amped walls (the blue top part) without using a whole clip.

of course it’s easy to destroy the other defensive character’s tactical’s - one shot for caustic trap and a couple for wattson wall - but the developers said they wanted her to be a setup defense character. So if she’s setting up, she should be able to have stronger defenses since it takes a little more time for her to be ready for the fight. 

def would love to see stronger walls where enemy teams can’t break the blue parts in a few shots. You took the time to setup so you shouldn’t be rewarded with some strength 

Message 6 of 22 (1,147 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Sir_Named Doesn't exactly change anything still very fast to break it would be better if the walls with have health and the time to set up would be fine OR reduce the time to set up if its a instant shot.
Message 7 of 22 (1,132 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@KoKillionaire Yea I feel the same way I was a Rampart main and used to be one of the best but after all this taking so long to buff her walls I gave up.
Message 8 of 22 (1,131 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@mlane1990 Walls should have more health and Wattson's fences should also have more health from 45-80.
Message 9 of 22 (1,129 Views)

★ Apprentice

Those are some great ideas..

Making her hold and place more walls, definitely helps..

I disagree with the stunning effect. I think that would make her to much like Watson.

Also what do you all think about the range of the minigun?   I often have the problem that in mid-range situations, I get shot easily and can't hit the opponent at all..

Then you have third-party squads and so on..  I think you are so vulnerable on "Sheila" that it only helps as a surprise in close combat.. and even then, when the opponent knows your position they can easily throw grenades from a different angle..

I think it should be possible to rotate it 360° but with a slower rotation speed so it's not overpowered.

Further more i think the spread of the bullets should be reduced so hitting opponents in the mid-range is easier.

The damage could be reduced in terms of the distance so again to not make it to powerful.

A change is definitely needed, because not hitting at all is kinda frustrating, when you're so much of an easy target.

Message 10 of 22 (1,095 Views)