Re: Rampart Feedback

by Igeere1

Original Post

★ Apprentice
@Igeere1 I find the problem to be just her cover. With a team she's very, VERY strong. Throw a wall. Wait for deployment. Now you have a one way wall of cover that buffs damage. Typically the enemy team will back off because the trade here is obvious. 0 damage VS bonus damage. Grenades don't work well. Threw two firewall grenade thingies (forgot name) at one wall and it took a fat minute for the wall to go down. Then Rampart literally threw another wall up and started t-bagging as we tried to break that one. It's a HUGE waste of ammo after they already nerfed ammo stacks, then nerfed grenade spam as well. Very unbalanced release timing of a legend. So anyway. Throw a wall, other team HAS to back off, throw up a wall on there choke because obviously they can't stay in one spot, waste ammo on an unfair trade, so throw up a mini gun on the same choke or where they need to move. Sure once you break the wall, whoever is on turrents is easy picking but those walls don't go down ex in the first place.
Message 41 of 50 (514 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Dedprice You can break walls very easily before they are deployed
Message 42 of 50 (511 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I feel like gibby is actually a good counter if you find yourself out in the open and a sheila is just lighting you up you can throw down a dome give your teamates time to heal and figure out what to do you can also try throwing a gibby shield over her turret to prevent it from shooting out while you retreat to a longer range to counter sheila. You can kinda do that with bangalore as her smoke can hide you or obscure their vision on shelia. Caustics gas grenade is also a good counter as well seeing as of how they are stationary on the turret throw it get inside and finish them off if the gas didnt kill them. all in all she is actaully balanced you just need to know how to counter her a bunch any grenades seem to work very well espically throwing a bunch of thermitesfollowed by frags and or arcstars.

Message 43 of 50 (487 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@babyaga239 Encountered a team hiding in a Amped Cover fort on a hill, while suppressing with Sheila and two Devotions. Threw Gibby's ult right into their little bunker and laughed at the fleeing campers.
Message 44 of 50 (480 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@EryxApex I actually like this aspect of Apex now. The legends actually mean something. Still hate the "buff" they gave to Lifeline, because she's not unique.

But all the legends now have a "one up" on the other. So you can change your gameplay/tactics depending on who you got on your squad. I love this aspect greatly.
Message 45 of 50 (475 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Yes, so you HAVE yo play SPECIFIC legends for it to MAYBE work ? Sorry but no

Message 46 of 50 (473 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I don't feel like camping Simulator is a good game, especially when it's apex

Message 47 of 50 (472 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Igeere1 Nope, that's why you punish campers with a boot to the head.
Message 48 of 50 (459 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Played a lot of Rampart at this point and she’s far from OP. Her passive is fine but her tactical and ultimate are too slow to activate. The activation times should be reduced by half. Everything else about the turret’s operation and mechanics is fine. Same for the charged cover. They just need to deploy faster. 

Edit: Oh yeah, the icon that shows Sheila’s position on the mini-map need to go. So does the laser sight. The turret is not the end-all-be-all ability in the game by any stretch. It can be dealt with with competent gameplay like everything else. It doesn’t need it’s position broadcast to the while arena. 

Message 49 of 50 (387 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I really did not understand the logic of Rampart being half British, Half Indian. Look at other characters, they are from west, america, europe, northern parts of world, africa..Nowhere we found a (Half this, Half that)situation like Rampart. Do you guys even realized, India was a colony of British for 200 years, and that period is a dark phase in our history. Was it really necessary to have an Indian character, but halve her origins and mix it up with colonizers. When Gibby can be a perfect Maori, Bloodhound can be Perfect Norse, What was the reason behind this amalgation?

I do feel she was introduced in so much hurry..with her introduction trailer no where in depth near crypto or Loba. The Community wants to know.

You have given reference to Indian Gods and Dress up style in The character skin(the tattoo at forehead which looks like 3rd eye of shiva), but why not directly refer? We are not that intorelant.

Please do some research before introducing the characters and giving them a background story. India is the country with most efficient and economic rocket launch system, and this is a sweet coincidence. But, on the whole, Rampart lacks the cultural depth which other legends have..If you were thinking Indian community will be able to connect with it, like others did.

Sorry not sorry, 

Devs failed here.

Peace out!

Message 50 of 50 (365 Views)