Re: Rampart is broken, too strong

by Igeere1

Original Post

★★★★★ Guide

@Ramon1363 They played that way specifically to gain that advantage so too bad I guess? Depending on where the final zone was a Caustic+Lifeline duo would have been much more toxic and flexible. Secure a safe area earlier or get used to dodging bullets since this is a pretty basic tactic that many players use. 

I'm not talking about the double minigun but locking down an area just inside the zone and punishing the players who ran from the ring at the last moment.

Message 31 of 50 (486 Views)

Re: Rampart Feedback

★ Pro

@Peri_Longbow_plz wrote:

Even if you find a great camping spot with Rampart, and got a Caustic and a Wattson at your hands, I will still be able to take down your camping spot. Rampart isn't invincible, and is actually far from being useful. Her abilities are extremely situational. In open fields, you can easily be shot in the back. That massive laser beam coming off your turret doesn't help either. In closed quarters, you will likely cut your on field of view, or even end up having no one coming through. Very little places on World's edge are perfect for Rampart, and even then that doesn't mean you win automatically.

Let me put it like this: Rampart is mildly overpowered for those certain places, a little underwhelming for some less powerful camping spots, and very far on the bottom for open fields. Even then, don't have a Wattson? Grenades are very likely going to end your whole camping session.

This is what I meant in the beginning with Rampart being rather underwhelming. Her deployment time doesn't help with head-on combat, and rather wastes time. Her turret is very situational, and can easily be replaced with normal gunfire as well. Rampart can be countered a little too well.

This. Exactly this. 

Message 32 of 50 (467 Views)

★ Pro

@Nightstick24 wrote:

@Igeere1So far I haven't been having too bad of a time against her. The amped part of her cover goes down in a few hits from most snipers, so it's not too big of an issue in my experience. Arc stars absolutely ruin her cover, as do thermites, if you can land them. Her cover is quite a pain to completely destroy, but if you get the amped part down I've found it incredibly easy to kill people hiding behind just the cover. And if she isn't setup her cover goes down in one hit when she's deploying it, so just shoot it before she sets it up fully and you'll ruin her day.

As for her minigun, it does a ton of damage and is SO MUCH FUN TO USE, but whenever I hear Shiela firing the first thing I think is "Free kill!". It can deal a huge amount of damage and is utterly busted in the right situation, but it's inaccurate at long range until it's been fired a bit. If you use a medium or long range weapon you can pop in and out of cover and it won't hit you unless they hold the trigger down, in which case you just wait on the reload then pop out and kill them. Getting headshots on people using that turret is shooting fish in a barrel - even if you've got garbage aim like me. In the first place, with how fast you can kill people now it's pretty easy to stand out in the open and kill anyone using the turret before it warms up enough to actually hit you if the amped part of the cover is taken down.

In ranked play with a dedicated team I think she could potentially be an actual nightmare, but for casual play in normals I haven't found her particularly overpowered.

But man do I love shooting Shiela. It feels so good to spray that minigun, such a satisfying sound and feeling. And that red laser beam adds an ambience to it that's just fantastic.

Also, this. 

Message 33 of 50 (466 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@PublicHealthRul Her whole kit encourages camping thats why non ranked lobbies feel like ranked lobbies now its disgusting! Everyone just camps even if they dont have bubbleyum on their squad! Just remove her period
Message 34 of 50 (411 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Shes beyond broken and OP! I mean everyone of her abilities are really good so combine you get OP! First off you should NEVER do more damage more shooting behind the wall and it protects you. Absolutely the dumbest thing about her. No damage increase and keep her walls. Walls shouldn't take so much damage as well. Her passive LOL lets give her more bullets with the guns that have the most bullets in the game!? I mean really where is the logic here? LOL thats right there is none! Then to her ult. It shouldn't be that you can place 3 miniguns down and they should all have a set number of ammo. To have infinite ammo on that thing and be able to make 3 is just insane! I mean really who is testing this stuff out at Respawn and thinking this is fun!? This game has taken an absolute full step backwards and was hoping after the loligag season 5 we would see better balance and community issues but no Respawn want more issues and more unbalancing

Message 35 of 50 (410 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Honestly, all I see is people being salty about having to fight an actual defense character. 

There is a big difference between “camping” and “playing defense”. 

Camping is using your highly offensive characters to hide in corners to jump out and ambush players that have no idea you are there, or where you will move/flank to.

Defense on the other hand is specifically taking fortification characters (Rampart, Watson, Caustic) and taking the time to position in a good spot, take time to set up defenses, then fight from those defenses effectively.

The game had gotten too overrun by fast run and gun characters that could not be stopped. Now I see those same people complaining because they can’t run head first through a choke point. Now, if you come into the circle late you are going to have to deal with a fortified position. It’s still quite easy to deal with as a single arc star fries the amp shield, or a couple shots from snipers. 

If you you want to complain about her turret, let me inform you of some things. 

1. It has limited turn angle, and can be easily flanked.

2. It is NOT super accurate. It’s more of a shotgun blast. Plus it fires bullets not lasers, Which have travel time and are also affected by bullet drop. The only way to hit people reliably is at short range or if they are going in a fairly straight line. 

3. The reload time is pretty long all things considered. Make your move when it’s reloading.

4. It can’t aim straight down. If they are set up in a high spot, get below them and wait it out. In my experience, and I have a lot of time into Rampart, the circle will force them to move. That’s your chance to strike. 

5. Remember that not every fight is winnable with a direct approach. If you aren’t willing to flank, or use a character than can counter it, then you don’t wish to win.

Overall, I currently see nothing that needs to be nerfed.

Message 36 of 50 (382 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@SolitaryMassacre wrote:

Was gonna start my own thread but will post here.

I think Rampart is NOT OP. Here's why:

1. Her shields are easily destroyed

2. She takes forever to setup

3. Her minigun is everything but accurate

4. Her passive is pointless unless you are using an LMG

Here are my thoughts on changes. I like a lot of what @Monhulio suggests, with a few of my own.

Improvements:

1. Her shields:

- I like the idea of "2" setups. Her base should be really fast, then the amp should be slower

- Make her amp part a 2 way thing. Shooting out amps the bullets, shooting in reduces damage by like 70 percent. But also improve the health of the shield, keeps it from getting damaged         too soon.

- Only allow 3 shields deployed. Period. Kind of like how caustic only can have 6 traps set. However, this would be needed if the above points are added, that way its not "too camper like"

- I would like her to have shields that support quick setup and leave not setup and camp

2. Her minigun is pointless at range. What I would like to see is the zoom slow down the rate of fire, but increase the accuracy to like 100%. I was shooting zoomed in and almost all my bullets were outside of that circle - why even have the circle?

3. Make her fast reload work for all the weapons

So since she came out, I main her. I agree she is not OP, rather people have just gotten too used to not meeting hard resistance. 

Anyways, I think most of how she works currently is 100% how it needs to be. Her passive and tactical are fine as they are. There are plenty of LMGs around, and even if you don’t grab one, she has Shiela. Which given the ammo count using Rampart vs another character, I believe Shiela is counted as an LMG. 

Next, her amp shields are fine. They take time to set up, block damage, and give a small boost to damage. Considering you have to move into position, get them placed, stay behind them, I think they are fine. Especially if you set up while your team is looting. You don’t get those supplies but you have a superb defensive point. 5 shields are perfectly fine because you only get 3 at once, then it’s a long time to get another one, like 20 some seconds. This means to get a full defense you have to prioritize getting into that position quickly. Which again means you won’t be looting. 

Her turret is where I think an adjustment could be made. Since she is a “modder”. Currently she can place up to 3 turrets. I suggest keeping that function as something you can do. In addition, be able to use additional ultimate charges to upgrade your already existing turret. Allow 2 upgrades. Each time you upgrade you have a choice to make.

(Upgrade 1) Either a longer mag, or a digital threat sight.

(Upgrade 2) Either decreased fire-rate and more accurate shots, or ricocheting bullets. (One bounce)

Still keep a max of 3 turrets.

My reason for this is if you have teammates die, you likely won’t need additional turrets, so making the one you have stinger is ideal. Keep in mind they are still stationary so if someone has a max upgraded turret they sacrificed a lot of loot to do so. Either by taking the time and prep to set it up rather than looting, or holding a whole inventory of Ultimate Accelerants.

Message 37 of 50 (377 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@Ramon1363 wrote:

Just died to a duo boxed up with Rampart and Wattson camping in the last zones with 2 turrents. How are we supposed to counter this as actual players getting kills and needing to run into zone. The camping with 1-2 kills the whole match Ramparts aren't fun to deal with. 

Learn to use crypto, mirage, pathfinder, etc.

Message 38 of 50 (372 Views)

★★ Apprentice

yeah Mirage is a good counter to... yeah... 

And Rampart do be a camping legend, camping is standing at a position to have an advantage against an ennemy, wich is totally rampart gameplay.

Message 39 of 50 (356 Views)

★ Guide

Only thing I think could be a good change for rampart is the time for the drop shields to deploy (closer to Wattson traps when they activate) and decreased cool down on her let but you can only have one and it's destroyed after the mag runs empty. I'd ideally like it to be harder to get hit while her let but that can make it too crazy with it's rate of fire cuz it still shreds.

Message 40 of 50 (350 Views)