Re: Rampart is broken, too strong

by Monhulio

Original Post

★★★ Guide
@SolitaryMassacre
Taking less damage from other direction of amp is bad idea because it just encourages people to all aim for you all at once and still hit you for damage. Then suddenly when shield breaks your already super weak.

The number of shields is actually fine, because unless they get there early to setup, you rarely see more than 3 or the other amped ones are already broken from you firing at them. Having 5 lets you fully surround yourself and team technically speaking, to cover multiple angles. Theres no benefit for placing them in front of each other as amped cover shots break when stacked at present unless its just stacking walls after the previous shield got broken.

Her minigun really is like a giant threat that gets more acccurate the longer you fire. It's not a sniper, its a wheel of death that tells enemies not to leave cover or approach lest they get shredded. As long as the minigun is on higher ground than enemies with low to no cover they are literally sitting ducks.

Not sure i want her faster reload to work for all weapons. That invites no reload time RE-45 plays and fast sniping reloads that could get dicey.

At present, 3 wins with her so far, 104 kills last i checked. Getting used to LMG recoil and firing accuracy is super rough.
Message 21 of 50 (593 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Monhulio I think taking less damage would keep the balance of "camping". Yes you can take more damage overall, but the damage is greatly reduced, so the enemy would be keeping themselves exposed to get slaughtered (hopefully) by the person behind the shield.

The number of shields would be needed if they greatly increase the speed for which you can throw down your shields. That is all. Currently yes its fine, but I still can't even get one shield down during a fire fight.

I have yet to kill anyone with the minigun. I hate unaccurate guns. I haven't fired long enough to see the accuracy increase. Which, on that note, the mag should be limited so it doesn't become OP, which is also why I would love to see it become more accurate with a slower fire rate. I just went into firing range and played with it some more and it does get accurate the longer you shoot. My problem was I was trying to hit someone in a window and I have a habit of not shooting unless I can see them, so they kept popping out and I would shoot, only to have my bullets go everywhere. I guess this helps keep it from being OP too.

As far as faster reloads on all weapons - clearly some weapons will have different speed percentages. However, RE-45 would actually become useful lol
Message 22 of 50 (586 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@N0stALiA_ac this was the only combo I've found to be a little too OP Wattson ultimate + Rampart positioned in the right spots are an absolute death trap with armor replenishment and no projectiles
Message 23 of 50 (567 Views)

Re: Rampart Feedback

★★★★★ Guide
@PublicHealthRul Their camping is different then Rampart. I agree they suck and camp all the time too, don't get me wrong. But Rampart can stage a great camping spot with 3 miniguns of infinite ammo. Watson and Caustic can't shoot back except with their own weapons. And, the caustic traps can be easily shot to remove them, or to cause them to trigger so you can run in after they expire. Rampart, you have to make yourself visible to shoot her shield costing you ammo and your cover.
Message 24 of 50 (549 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Rampart is meh

Message 25 of 50 (536 Views)

Even if you find a great camping spot with Rampart, and got a Caustic and a Wattson at your hands, I will still be able to take down your camping spot. Rampart isn't invincible, and is actually far from being useful. Her abilities are extremely situational. In open fields, you can easily be shot in the back. That massive laser beam coming off your turret doesn't help either. In closed quarters, you will likely cut your on field of view, or even end up having no one coming through. Very little places on World's edge are perfect for Rampart, and even then that doesn't mean you win automatically.

Let me put it like this: Rampart is mildly overpowered for those certain places, a little underwhelming for some less powerful camping spots, and very far on the bottom for open fields. Even then, don't have a Wattson? Grenades are very likely going to end your whole camping session.

This is what I meant in the beginning with Rampart being rather underwhelming. Her deployment time doesn't help with head-on combat, and rather wastes time. Her turret is very situational, and can easily be replaced with normal gunfire as well. Rampart can be countered a little too well.

Message 26 of 50 (535 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Igeere1So far I haven't been having too bad of a time against her. The amped part of her cover goes down in a few hits from most snipers, so it's not too big of an issue in my experience. Arc stars absolutely ruin her cover, as do thermites, if you can land them. Her cover is quite a pain to completely destroy, but if you get the amped part down I've found it incredibly easy to kill people hiding behind just the cover. And if she isn't setup her cover goes down in one hit when she's deploying it, so just shoot it before she sets it up fully and you'll ruin her day.

As for her minigun, it does a ton of damage and is SO MUCH FUN TO USE, but whenever I hear Shiela firing the first thing I think is "Free kill!". It can deal a huge amount of damage and is utterly busted in the right situation, but it's inaccurate at long range until it's been fired a bit. If you use a medium or long range weapon you can pop in and out of cover and it won't hit you unless they hold the trigger down, in which case you just wait on the reload then pop out and kill them. Getting headshots on people using that turret is shooting fish in a barrel - even if you've got garbage aim like me. In the first place, with how fast you can kill people now it's pretty easy to stand out in the open and kill anyone using the turret before it warms up enough to actually hit you if the amped part of the cover is taken down.

In ranked play with a dedicated team I think she could potentially be an actual nightmare, but for casual play in normals I haven't found her particularly overpowered.

But man do I love shooting Shiela. It feels so good to spray that minigun, such a satisfying sound and feeling. And that red laser beam adds an ambience to it that's just fantastic.

Message 27 of 50 (501 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Dude her minigun increase accuracy de more you shoot... So it is accurate

Message 28 of 50 (480 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Like most defense legends she is super situational but strong in those situations. You really need to be set up for her to shine, but she is pretty bad on the move. The amped honestly seems fine to me, you shouldn't be trying to fight against her behind a shield until its dealt with, and the minigun makes her a sitting target easy to sniper her off if you flank her. You have 3 teammates, if she locks down one and you are spread out a bit, you can take her down or at least give your teammates breathing room She isn't a Wraith, and she isn't a pathfinder. She is strong outside unlike caustic who is the polar opposite of Rampart. 

The camping meta that has developed is not Rampart's fault, its the TTK and the shields issue of the game right now. You don't have time to react to a dug in camped out squad when you instantly die (unless you are a wraith in which case they will likely miss some shots on console).

Message 29 of 50 (450 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Just died to a duo boxed up with Rampart and Wattson camping in the last zones with 2 turrents. How are we supposed to counter this as actual players getting kills and needing to run into zone. The camping with 1-2 kills the whole match Ramparts aren't fun to deal with. 

Message 30 of 50 (426 Views)