Re: Rampart is broken, too strong

by SolitaryMassacre

Original Post

Re: Nerf rampart

★★ Guide
@BBY_YOD4 Only problem is that Rampart can have 3 minigun. This problem can be easily solved by either switching minigun or telling your teammates to mount the other minigun to suppress the enemy while you reloading.
Message 11 of 50 (780 Views)

Rampart is broken, too strong

★★★ Newbie

Plz Fix armor health previous version and revise down Rampart
I did not like season 6 cuz of lots of Rampart bridge-campers. Rampart ability + wattson ult is * strong. They shoot players, who wear armor became FRAGILE with AMPED COVER.
EA MUST fix them ASAP. If not, so many users will not play Apex Legends. They will play other games. Maybe I will, too.

Message 12 of 50 (776 Views)

Community Manager

Hi everyone, 

There were several threads going about Rampart over the past couple days, so I merged them together here. That will make it easier for us to keep track of the feedback. 

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 13 of 50 (722 Views)

★★★ Guide

Shes in a weird spot right now.

If you get surprised, you have no opportunity to really setup as walls are destroyed immediately and sheila doesn't really help in an ambush.

If you fully setup, you can do some crazy powerful damage and hold down a location incredibly powerfully, wiping the floor with competition as long as you don't get naded or bombarded by an ult into next week.

The only change I can immediately think of, and I am unsure if this would even be a good change, is to have her tactical come in two halves.

1) The wall 2) The amp

Basically if the wall is shot while its setting up, its destroyed. After wall finishes its setup tho, its got its full 400 health. But then the amped shield part can still be shot at while its setting its own part to prevent that damage boost and area control. Essentially, if the enemy immediately caps ur wall its down, but if they don't cap the wall part before its done, at LEAST you have cover. 

Her ultimate is powerful, but the weird button setup is so backwards. Focus winds up the gun and scope zoom is for actual aiming? And why the hell is L3 (or crouch button) a cancel button? It can be incredibly frustrating to get off your gun accidentally because of wonky button config on turret. Also that 150 degree angle and limited up and down angle is so ouch when you don't have a straight path or high ground / place turret on wrong side of a roof.

Also while her passive is amazing, its an auto focus on LMG's. Honestly I'd like it if it was any "machine gun" weaponry (to include smg's), seeing as this legit only gives you 3 weapons of choice to use her passive, and if you're not using it, you miss out.

Otherwise: Strong setup potential. Poor ambush potential. Ruthless final ring potential if other party can just immediately destroy any of your defenses. Confusing instruction manuals for controls.

Message 14 of 50 (671 Views)

★★ Apprentice

If you think only her passive is OP well let me tell you that you didn't play her correctly and I explained on my post WHY she is OP and how to use her so she is.

Message 15 of 50 (665 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Yeah they for sure deserve to die while trying to escape from the zone because they had to deal with 3 squads all coming to third, and they actually defeated all 3 of them and just after that they will go in a building to take covers and zip to the final floor just to die because the turret instant you if combined with the walls and you have no ways to escape. They deserve that.

Message 16 of 50 (665 Views)

★★ Apprentice

The bottom of the shield that has 400 Hp if fully deployed and if you take the time to set up in a place where you can camp a door while being able to put down shields yoy will rekt anyone that enters the door because increased damages and it's still 400hp plus tham you (remember she can put down 5 shields, so 5×400 equals to 2000 HP, wich is... A lot

Message 17 of 50 (659 Views)

★★ Apprentice

And dont forget rampart is not the only one who has increased damages if behind the walls so yeah in trios 3 persons will jave the damage and HP and positioning advantage on you

Message 18 of 50 (659 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Was gonna start my own thread but will post here.

I think Rampart is NOT OP. Here's why:

1. Her shields are easily destroyed

2. She takes forever to setup

3. Her minigun is everything but accurate

4. Her passive is pointless unless you are using an LMG

Here are my thoughts on changes. I like a lot of what @Monhulio suggests, with a few of my own.

Improvements:

1. Her shields:

- I like the idea of "2" setups. Her base should be really fast, then the amp should be slower

- Make her amp part a 2 way thing. Shooting out amps the bullets, shooting in reduces damage by like 70 percent. But also improve the health of the shield, keeps it from getting damaged         too soon.

- Only allow 3 shields deployed. Period. Kind of like how caustic only can have 6 traps set. However, this would be needed if the above points are added, that way its not "too camper like"

- I would like her to have shields that support quick setup and leave not setup and camp

2. Her minigun is pointless at range. What I would like to see is the zoom slow down the rate of fire, but increase the accuracy to like 100%. I was shooting zoomed in and almost all my bullets were outside of that circle - why even have the circle?

3. Make her fast reload work for all the weapons

Message 19 of 50 (595 Views)

Re: Rampart Feedback

★★ Novice

I think rampart is fine because what about caustic and Watson being better legends for camping and you are complaining  because people were smarter than your teammate was. So I’m sorry that you got killed but chill just because they added another person who could camp doesn’t mean that they are encouraging it.

Message 20 of 50 (590 Views)