Re: Nerf rampart

by Peri_Longbow_plz

Original Post

Rampart Feedback

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

So the problem with rampart is that she is here to encourage camping, and by vamping I mean that she can just stay at one place camping forever and putting walls. For exemple you van take the high ground on the frozen tower in Worlds Edge and stay here, people will struggle grenading you bevause of the height and you can just place other shields incase one is destroyed.

Plus her turret is completely op and should have a determine amount of ammo, like 450 so you have 3 chargers. Plus the walls that gives you cover, and that kind of cover is basically giving 2 lifes to someone, has increased damages. And in firing stage I found that you can put 5 walls in total wich is op tbh. It also encourage camping (in a fast fps with cool movements mechanics) because you can for exemple go on top of the building in Fragment that has 2 zips, and just put wall and caustic's traps, and a turret with infinite ammo, GG you can stay here as long as you are in the ring. A deadly combo would br Wattson, Pathfinder, Rampart, because you can take high grounds with the zip and then plemt fences and walls and pylons and turret, basically no one can get you especially if you are in the kind of buildimgs where there is only 2 way to go to the top, just hide behind replaceable walls and, you win.

And tbh grenades don't work that well on Rampart.

Now a solution would be to completely rework Rampart, like completely or remove her from the game, but we would loose our female octane, the kind of characters that always talks to say... Nothing.

Now im just a gold, but I'm playing sometimes with really good players, diamonds, masters, or high plat, and everyone agrees that even for casual this Legend is bad and will kill the essence of the game.

[Admin - Updated thread title]

Message 4 of 50 (1,955 Views)

Let's talk about Rampart

So, I gave Rampart some extensive play time, and found out that Mirage and Rampart have the greatest conversations of all time. Oh, I shall talk about the abilities?

The amplified shield wall - Yeah, tricky topic, but my opinion is clear: You either place it and don't need it, or you place it when you need it the most and people destroy it. Either way, in my endless amounts of matches I have played since the update, I didn't have a single moment yet where this amplified shield wall had any use to me. Quite frankly the deploy time seems way too long for something that is meant to be used during a situation in which you know you will be confronted.

Sheila... While it's true that it's meant for fortifying your location, most people will avoid any confrontation and go a different way. Either way, the only time where I've seen sheila killing someone is when she was used for a finisher. Got way more kills with Devotion than her. Maybe, just maybe Sheila's spin up should already shoot bullets, that slowly ramp up, so we don't end up with a useless turret that needs to warm up for 9 years before the first bullet exits the chambers?

The only truly powerful ability on her is the quicker reload on LMG's. Legit, Spitfire and Devotion and you pretty much spray all day and enemies can only pray that they don't die this day. And it's not like Devotion is lacking damage. Like... at all. You wipe out an entire squad with almost one magazine when used by Sheila, it's crazy.

Let me be honest, I was scared at first that I would end up seeing only Ramparts around shooting the heck out of each other with their turret. In the end... I didn't see a single turret. Except for those I placed myself, but I stopped placing those soon as well.

I mean really, I get that making a legend too powerful would end up taking the fun away. But too weak? That's less fun.

Message 1 of 50 (1,900 Views)

Nerf rampart

★★★ Novice

She is overpowered crap. 

Message 2 of 50 (2,043 Views)

@OctaneMain83638 Yep, so overpowered, shooting her back makes her drop like a fly, and her turret has about as much uses as my broken foot. Perhaps a good idea would be to not instantly run into the forum when you die to a legend.
Message 3 of 50 (2,040 Views)

Re: Rampart kills the game and the FAST FPS that is Apex with her Tactical and U

★★ Novice
@Igeere1 Rework is a must.
I got spawn killed (Respawn ship), the moment I landed, I was already knocked down, even the distance was in between 250 and 350 yards
Say good bye to Apex Legends.... Oh wait.... Fortnite Legends...
Message 5 of 50 (1,920 Views)

Re: Rampart kills the game and the FAST FPS that is Apex with her Tactical and U

★★★ Pro

It doesn’t look that bad to me. But what do I know, I am just a newbie. I am going to unlock her next. 

Message 6 of 50 (1,892 Views)

★ Novice

Wait, no. I do agree. I have rampart and I do enjoy playing her. The problem is shes a bit broken if you have set up on a choke point. She isnt good on attack but her defense is very strong. The amped cover does break fairly easy, but not that easy. A team with rampart will have full advantage when being pushed, especially when they are in the ring. I believe a rampart nerf would be to reduce the damage the turret does. Honestly with a full clip before reloading you can murder 5-6 players. If you hit your shots.

Message 7 of 50 (1,945 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@AnoLi1379 That turret does seem to be easy to use and high damage but I'll wait a while to pass judgement. 

The chokepoint thing is just an interesting scenario for her to dominate. It'll only be a problem for teams waiting til the last second to run from the ring. If they run into a setup Rampart then they deserve every bullet they get.

Message 8 of 50 (1,941 Views)

★ Novice

True. I remember seeing the leaked files for rampart back in season 3. After a while a nerf that I would come up with was what the files came up with which seamed balanced and fair. The amped cover reduces bullet damage you take and increased damage output. The amped walls now completely stop damage. If you ever decide to nerf rampart, the original idea doesn’t sound to bad. Thats all from me. Thx for listening.

Message 9 of 50 (1,931 Views)

★ Guide

It’s only the third day of Rampart out and you are already calling her OP?! We haven’t had enough time to even understand the character to have an opinion on her. Her one way shield is super easy to counter just by shooting the bottom of the shield. Plus her mini gun is hard to aim and all you gotta do is let them finish the ammo and have to reload. It’s a long reload and you can rush then.

Message 10 of 50 (1,911 Views)