(REWORK) Megathread Lifeline / Newcastle megathread

by ROTTERDAM-BOSS

Original Post

Re: (REWORK) Megathread Lifeline. Season 13 / Upcoming Newcastle

★ Guide
@TonieRomit We feel you! Thanks for sharing. I don’t want to blame EA for making changes. To be honest i know they listened to the community complaining about Lifeline being to op. I would rather thank them again for giving ears to the Lifeline players because on this point Lifeline is living on the edge.
Message 41 of 57 (712 Views)

Betreff: (REWORK) Megathread Lifeline. Season 13 / Upcoming Newcastle

★★ Guide

@ROTTERDAM-BOSS Here again from my own Thread, both hands are free now xD

Lifeline in Season 13:

Lifeline - Apex Legends Season 13.png

Message 42 of 57 (696 Views)

Betreff: (REWORK) Megathread Lifeline. Season 13 / Upcoming Newcastle

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Bronsn Thanks for sharing this ironic picture (Newcastle reviving Lifeline) from you own post. 

Message 43 of 57 (685 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Respawn is saying Lifeline is ok to TheGamer.co👎🏻

Message 44 of 57 (578 Views)

★★ Guide
@190812fr How do they definate ok.
If Lifeline is ok and all other Legends are good, very good and the best, than LL is in a bad spot...
Message 45 of 57 (526 Views)

★ Guide
@Bronsn I used this article in a new post. “Respawn does not respond to Lifeline complains?” You will find the link below!
Message 46 of 57 (482 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Lifeline is super broken. She literally revived TWO enemies I put down before I could even reload my havoc AND heal. Now its back to a 1v3. So broken, not even fun.

Message 47 of 57 (442 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@SolitaryMassacreWell, fighting a 1 v 3 in the first place should take some energy. You are damaged and she probably healty. Big risk for u to push her now. If even in this case Lifeline couldn’t got the job done, i dont know when? 

Message 48 of 57 (430 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@ROTTERDAM-BOSS Let me break it down for you.

Me and my squad were facing off against another squad. My two teammates got knocked. I knocked the two that knocked my teammates.

I run away to heal, only to be chased by a lifeline while simultaneously reviving her two teammates.

Her pushing me causes me to run away. I finally hide and try to heal - she hears me and pushes, yet again I am forced to run away.

By now, both her teammates are up, and popped a shield bat. Now I am being pushed by all 3 of them, remember, I have not even had the time to heal let alone reload my havoc.

If you don't see how this is unfair and completely unbalanced, then by all means let me help you understand.

If this was any other legend, or a LL season 1, I would have won a fight that should have been one from the beginning. My two teammates did enough damage so I could basically one shot both of the enemies teammates, but it doesn't matter because LL simply resses and pushes. So yeah, I wasn't the one pushing, she was pushing me WHILE reviving BOTH her teammates.

I have mentioned before how this new passive is broken, and a change should look like this:

Passive:
- Fast healing 30%, fast healing to any allies near her, 30%

Tactical:
- Healing drone: Can heal ALL teammates if at 1hp, no limit on healing amount, only time. Increase how fast healing drone can heal. Has 20 second cooldown if used this way
- If a teammate is downed, can lock on teammate, press tactical, and healing drone will fly to downed teammate and revive them, stick around to heal them, then go away: Can be shot down like crypto drone. Has 40s cooldown if used this way

This way, she is actually useful and you can better strategize without her being OP. Other squads actually have a counter, cause currently the only counter to her passive is finishing the knocks, but that is literally another 100+ damage and impossible if 3rd partied or getting pushed by the LL or other squad member.
Message 49 of 57 (415 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@SolitaryMassacreMate, I see your frustration! It happend to me before aswell.

First of all thanks for sharing your toughts.

What i think respawn should do is take a look at lifeline in general. In “my opinion” what you just described is a circumstance where the advantage is on Lifeline.

Do you accept she should? In this situation i think she should, because she is a lifeline after all and de risk is low she got overruled (1v1). If i like the revive mechanic? No i dont!

We can also take it a step further, I don’t know which character your played but in this situation getting out the fight matters as well. Getting out of a fight as pathfinder or gibby is a whole difference.

Speaking as a day 1 Lifeline main; i am not pleased with her revive mechanic. 

What i experience a lot tough is a fair 3v3, my teammate got knocked and there is no time for a revive. Because the risk is to high to revive.

You might think it is just a one-tap right? Yes it is but you got delayed a lot by a animation, next you have to act like a bulletshield yourself to distract the enemy otherwise you left your teammate for dead and if you choose not to revive, you can expect a lot of trashtalk about your lifeline skills. (Especially in higher rank lobbies)

Maybe, just maybe where on the same page? Maybe she is op in situations she got advantage, and in disadvantage in more common fights?

Thanks for you solutions, i hope EA notice your comment as well.

I gathered all complains and solutions in a new post. “Respawn does not agree lifeline complains” please take a look and let me know what you think!

Message 50 of 57 (401 Views)