(REWORK) Megathread Lifeline / Newcastle megathread

by ROTTERDAM-BOSS

Original Post

Re: (BIG) Megathread Lifeline. Season 13 / Upcoming Newcastle

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@ohmib0dYes, is really think would be a descent buff, but 10meters sounds maybe to strong?. I really hope they take a look at descent lifeline revive buf/rework.

Message 11 of 57 (589 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@ROTTERDAM-BOSSI think the thing that’s gonna be the most issue going forward is her ultimate given the release of smart loot bins, and given the fact her current one isn’t very combat-applicable in the first place. Thus I came up with a new ultimate idea in my own post (“Some balance ideas for various legends”) that I think may compliment her current abilities very well. It’s essentially, if you’ve ever played overwatch, Baptiste’s immortality field, but less powerful. I think she could have an ultimate where she places down her healing drone to create a small circle (7m radius maybe) for 25 seconds where you can neither take damage nor put out damage when inside. You can still fire your weapon, and damage is still done to equipment (like the interception pylon or rampart walls) both inside and out, but it will negate the bullet damage taken and dealt by anyone inside. It can be destroyed by shooting the drone enough, and grenades can still be thrown out of it for damage. Stuns are also still active on those inside, and it can be destroyed by a crypto drone emp (that’ll also damage those inside). I also have the idea of this ultimate speeding up healing time for those within, maybe reducing healing time by 1-2 seconds depending on the item.

This idea is still in its infancy, but I believe it has legs. I can see it being super useful for locking down rooms defensively when in close quarters, and delivering safe revives when outside, depending on how exposed the drone is if they were to develop this idea.

I also have thought about it not negating damage completely, for the benefit of it not being destroyable. I was thinking damage on targets inside and the damage they put out are both reduced by 80%, still not applying to equipment of course. All in all, the big thing is to be able to compliment her revive so that neither she nor her downed allies die so instantaneously when she goes to revive them, but it also has the benefit of making her kit more useful mid-combat, and NOT relying on teammates to be downed or badly injured to have an active use. It can be popped in an open area if you get flanked by a team, and just completely stall the fight until your team is ready to strike back or otherwise have an escape plan. It could also apply to locking down an indoors area like i mentioned earlier, or it can be used right before ambushing an enemy team to strafe in and out of and waste the enemy’s clip as they try to fire back.

Message 12 of 57 (582 Views)

★ Guide
@ThisIsYourMoment Nice comment! I played overwatch before and see were youre going. I think if devvs take a look at this post or threat this ult change would be a bridge to far, nethertheless on some point they decided to turn 180 on her revive system and thats were everything started to rumble. I think they have to change it back but more likely make a rework revive system. What do you think would be a better balanced and new revive system?
Message 13 of 57 (559 Views)

★★★ Novice

Unfortunately now EA has an opportunity to "sell" a new legend so they are willing to give the "OP" skill again to someone else. I agree 100% that LL needs to be brought back to relevancy.

Message 14 of 57 (545 Views)

★ Guide
@therealbackpain What do you mean by sell a new legend ?
Message 15 of 57 (509 Views)

★★★ Novice
@ROTTERDAM-BOSS What I mean is back when the shield was taken away from LL while rezzing it was because the concept of the ability was too powerful. Now with the hype of a new season they add a new legend with that similar concept of ability and more that can be purchased with either legend upgrade points or apex points (which can be bought with real money). Not t mention a whole market of new cosmetics for said new legend. I am not against new legends at all. Quite the opposite. I am however disappointed that they chose to bring something to the new legend that they took in concept from another one because it was deemed game breaking instead of being more creative with the new and giving back the old ones original kit.
Message 16 of 57 (496 Views)

★ Guide
@therealbackpain thanks for clearing up! I think your right about new legends with comparable abilities. The focus here should be on Lifeline’s revive system. There should be a clear difference between “Defense” and “Support”. I think the line between those are now very thin. The only support Legends are Lifeline and Loba right now. Loba actually is good in what she does, supply teammates with goodies and ammuniton. Loba stealing banners from her shop would be a great idea though (support wise) but that is not the focus right now. At least two (Gibby & Newcastle) defense characters have now stronger revive systems than Lifeline. Let’s be honest yes the old revive shield system was strong but what does she actually have left? Maybe they should bring her shield back but this time breakable?

Reddit covered a lot ideas as well! Here an example; They should take a look at something like this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/uhs9l9/lifeline_rework/
Message 17 of 57 (483 Views)

★ Guide
@ndcu679 Already seen Newcastle’s revive system? This is nuts!
Message 18 of 57 (462 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

This is my take on a total rework of LL.

Read to the end before passing judgement.

Take away LL current passive combat revive. Make her revive 30% quicker instead. Period.

Give her Tactical the same ability as it currently has with the addition it be placed and moved like Newcastle's tactical. Teammates will now be able to choose to self revive when near a tactical drone when it is safe to do so, which would also be 30% quicker. This would include lifeline as well....

...Oh in addition, I thought it would be cool if LL's drone would taze (stun) an enemy standing near it for more than 1.5 seconds.

Her new Ultimate sends down a LL respawn beacon which will automatically collect the banner of the first eliminated teammate and respawn them within a bubble area of affect. Or alternatively it can be used as a regular respawn beacon if already carrying a teammate's banner.

What's everyone's take on this?

Message 19 of 57 (453 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@davkin09Wow!!! Ok i think the EA devs really need to take a look at you comment! As a Day 1 Lifeline main i would totally accept this kind of rework. Thank you so much for sharing!

i will keep this post open for mor ideas since this is a relative new Hot topic.  I will add this one to the list “accept as solution”.

Message 20 of 57 (419 Views)