Re: (REWORK) Megathread Lifeline. Season 13 / Upcoming Newcastle

by Oxphus

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

I completely agree with this. Her shield was removed for being over powered now there are 2 legenda with significantly better revive shields. They removed fast heal as its and I quote "to selfish" yet octane has stim and health regeneration? Valkyre has a jet pack. Gibby has a gunshield. Wattson can regen shields. Lobas bracelet. Wraith can god damn phase and become invincible!! But fast heals is a step to far!!! Sure maybe back in the day tjat was the case but when you have legends like valkyrie gibby and bloodhound I dont think returning fast heal similar to gold body is that out the question. The revive shield I dont believe needs to return as the auto pair revive if done right can still clutch but at the moment she is a completely selfless charactor and I feel.every legend should have something selfish that allows them to do somthing unique. Its a team game I get that but that rule only seems to apply to specific legends lifeline almost feels like prejudice at this point XD

Message 51 of 57 (1,066 Views)

★ Guide
@Lordlovelover Thanks for your thoughts, really helps!

Fun fact, i started playing Lifeline because of her fast heals. After Respawn removed fast heals i still felt very appreciated because of specializing using her revive shield. After both got ctrl-alt deleted there was not much left. Was is left? Boring and static gameplay, lack of revive power. She need a revive rework in my and i think many lifeline mains eyes. There is no time for a revive animation in high rank and there is no way to cancel if needed. Second problem is there is no protection. Lifeline have to catch bullets to distract the enemy.
Message 52 of 57 (1,054 Views)

★★ Novice

If people are throwing out ideas, does anyone mind if I through mine out?

First, we don't need to change the passive. The ability to gain extra healing items and equipment from the crates does well enough in both BR and Arenas.

I also don't think much needs to be done with her healing aspect Either. Sending out a drone to heal within a specific radius does well enough on it's own to warrant consistent use, and contributing within a support playstyle. I personally am really excited about the newest update with doubling the radius, but we'll see what that's like.

Now for the revives. I don't know how we feel about this as a community, but I like how the revive system is currently. Being able to pick up downed teammates while continuing to put pressure on surrounding enemies can be extremely effective when done properly, and preferably in conjunction with her drone. The slowness and vulnerability when attempting this is part of the risk it entails, which ads a level of depth within the importance of proper utilization of said pickup. Unfortunately we did lose the shield, but at this point it's not like they're going to give it back, so "it is, was it is."

* the ultimate, I hate it. It's lazy because it utilizes a mechanic already in the game, but at an inferior level. But what about this: so the drone that lifeline has is like, the healing version of the drones with guns. What if the ultimate gave the robot guns, but that could be used to heal. Basically what would happen is the bullet shot would have a specific-flat amount of healing, and would be used to shoot your own teammates with, allowing them to tank more shots and play more aggressively. The gun would either hold a specific amount of shots, or would last for a specific duration of time. In both cases testing would be needed to find the correct amount/duration needed.

What do you guys think?

Message 53 of 57 (892 Views)

★ Guide
@Oxphus Thanks for you sharing your opinion. I am curious about your thoughts on the current buff to lifeline.
Message 54 of 57 (811 Views)

★★ Novice
@ROTTERDAM-BOSS honestly, the buff lifeline is getting feels very surface level, with some parts I'd argue being a downgrade.

First is giving people the option to opt out of a revive. This feels incredibly stupid because in no way is this a buff, if anything it gives more power to your teammates in a negative way. Most of the time picking up teammates is going to be risky, and the majority of the time they will get hit while being picked up. Do some lifelines rez in bad spots? Sure, but if they don't revive you there then you'll most likely * about not being picked up in the first place. There's also always going to be risks when using her revive, so a possibly failed pickup should be part of that risk. Allowing teammates to opt out of it because "they want to protect you" or "they want to stay alive" isn't the point, and I guarantee you it's going to be infuriating trying to pick up teammates only for them to cancel it. If I'm busting my * to pick you up, don't spit in my face and tell me no. The only reason people feel this is warranted is because a lot of new players gravitate towards lifeline, because if you don't know what you're doing you'd at least want to support. They won't know how to use her properly, and try to pick you up while running away or something. I get it, but in no way is this the correct option to be taking.

The drone buff to unlimited heal and double range feels kind of strange. I like it, don't get me wrong, but it feel like they're trying to compensate her bad ultimate by making her passives and utilities better, which in my option just proves that her ultimate sucks and should be changed.

The ultimate buff also is complete crap. It doesn't matter how quickly she gets it if it still sucks and gives little reason to use it in the first place. Changing the cells to a battery and making the beam not show immediately is such a terrible way to try to make it better that, if anything, just makes me hate it more.

The only buff lifeline needs is to change her ultimate. It's pathetic, unhelpful, and a waste of an other whys great support character. If they aren't going to add more support characters, then at least make the only one you gave somewhat decent.

And just for the record, Loba as a support is understandable, but when you only have one character in your entire roster this late in development that can heal teammates, it just makes me more mad how much they mistreat her.

I stand by my idea to give her a healing gun as her ult. It works cannonacly, will be useful as a support, and generally just make more sense then what she has now.
Message 55 of 57 (804 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Tbh I am a big fan of the ultimate rework with the extra healing items, respawn becaon and lower cool down (which is well deserved).

Also there being no blue light beacon on landing.

What I'd really like to see now is for lifeline to be more mobile.

The ability to send out DOC to heal or Res others would be the icing on the cake for her I don't like having to wait for allies to crawl behind cover before resing. It slows down the game for her.

I think we all know the Res shield won't be coming back.

This would be the next best thing for lifeline DOC to go mobile.

Message 56 of 57 (528 Views)

★ Guide
@davkin09 Agree! D.O.C mobility would make a big difference “combat healer” on this moment it is really static, and the bigger line doesn’t heal you on a ledge.
Message 57 of 57 (288 Views)