Re: Please Buff Lifeline

by AMG550s

Original Post

Please Buff Lifeline

★★★ Newbie

I have been playing this game since it’s first week of its release, and I automatically fell in love with Lifeline, the entire concept of a war medic is thrilling. However, since recent buffs to Gibby he basically made lifeline worthless with his increase heal inside dome. That was Lifelines shtick. I really want to see other legends used in ranks and not the same 3 legends every game, make the less played heroes for example octane, mirage and now lifeline be neck to neck with the other legends like path, wraith and gibby. If that means a rework for these legends then so be it, give the game more variety in must picks, have each legend be unique and just as useful as the rest. Even with the “buffs” y’all recently did to lifeline if you can even call it that, it’s still not enough to bring her to the S tier legends. Please make the game more diverse in play style. 

Message 1 of 10 (738 Views)

★★★ Guide

I'm lifeline main too(over 1500 games), a buff is always welcome,  but i don't think she is too weak. Gibraltar is easier to hit, requires a bit different strategy and needs to use his tactical before revive. I played him before, and its good that he received buffs.

I would like to see her shield a bit more resistant to thermite grenades. And to stay a bit longer after revive, to give you a chance for successful retreat. But i can live without it.

And despite any future buffs - lifeline will never be on the top(doesn't have to be). We are not playing Apex Legends but rather "Pathfinder: adventures in the void" since the season 1.Thinking

In my opinion other legends will most likely never match wraith and pathfinder, sadly. Their introduction harmed this game a bit. You would have to give everyone a grapple or teleport to made them equal. And that is ridiculous(good idea for a new game mode!). Wraith however became more fair after recent changes.

We still need to wait for pathfinder nerf, i doubt he will stay unchanged.

Message 2 of 10 (719 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That is very true he is easier to hit but he does have that  extra smaller sheild as well, he has so many things going on for him when lifeline doesn’t. 

I’m just  saying would love to see her kit be useful and impactful on the game like a wraith teleport or the pathfinder swing, it doesn’t t have to be one of those things but come up with something that is impactful. For example, her ult is literally trash with the new shield game modes, her ult  usually brings purple shields but now that the game mode is providing it, it’s useless. 

I’m not sure if you notice but body shots are being counted the same now for leg shots as well, and Lifeline is at a huge disadvantage because her pants are huge so easier to land those shots, personally feels like a nerf in that spectrum. 

I believe her shield is essential when healing I would love for it to stay up longer after reviving so you’re teamate doesn’t just fall back down right away I agree with you there but I do think this shield is essential makes it easier to get Rez’ up as she is as her title says “Combat Medic” she should be able to Rez with ease the whole point of her concept. 

But I agree with you there path is just broken right now nerfs are needed. But would love to see other legends being used and have every legend be more impactful in all situations. 

Message 3 of 10 (675 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

lifeline deserves a buff... I wish she could find legendary extenders in blue boxes instead of cells 😅

Message 4 of 10 (652 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yes lifeline does need a amazing buff or a rework to make her more of a combat medic so she can go in battle more and get rid of low profile on her she can’t get away ever 

Message 5 of 10 (569 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@xXWookiXx I think instead of giving Lifeline a buff, they need to give Gibby a nerf.
Message 6 of 10 (551 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@s0apt0ken Completely disagree, Gibby is in a fine place rn and any additional nerf would make him useless
Message 7 of 10 (549 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

The Devs have made it clear that despite what seems to be other characters doing what she does better, she still has one of the higher pick rates and win rates in the game. they won't buff her but they said that they also agree that she needs to be a little more unique and so they are looking to make changes to her without shifting her value too much. they are calling it a "sidegrade" and my assumption is that it means a re-work is coming but they are going to take a long tim eto do that because they don't want her to lose or gain any particular value from new abilities. 

Message 8 of 10 (543 Views)

★ Apprentice

Gibby ripped of lifeline completely he’s character is so similar to others it’s pathetic 

Message 9 of 10 (514 Views)

★★★ Newbie

lifeline should be able to shield even when she is not  revving and you can shoot through the shield 

Message 10 of 10 (417 Views)