Re: Penalty should be made for teammates who leave early

by RedpawsQ

Original Post

★★ Guide
@MossyShambler I actually have more fun solo, I mean, I don't have to worry about my idiot teammates anymore (I'm super awesome at running from fights in this game, and, generally, my teammates aren't, so I have to go back and help them, which get me killed)!
Message 11 of 13 (172 Views)

★★ Guide
@Oobarsten That'd be fun to watch... Unfortunately, my brother plays on my acc and he plays more than I do, and he rage quits pretty much every match. Still, I'd have fun watching him play (he hates teammates that quit instantly). Anyway, I dunno if I'm for or against it...
Message 12 of 13 (168 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

There should be a time penalty even on your first quit, no matter the reason for it.

It could even start with a meager 3 minutes where you're unable to queue up for any new games, just enough that it'd be quicker to simply let your banner expire and then quit and start up a new game. But each game you quit early would increase the penalty timer, while each game you finish (win/squad wipe/banner timeout) reduces the timer. The exact numbers can obviously be adjusted, but as an example...

After an early quit, 3 minutes is added

After a finished match, 1 minute is removed

Think of it as a penalty pool, where early quits adds to it, and finished matches removes some of it.

The stacking nature of the penalty would HEAVILY punish chronic ragequitters, while remaining very mild on those that does it infrequently, or simply crash. A chronic ragequitter would have to wait 3 minutes after the first quit, then 6 minutes, then 9, 12, 15, 19... And even if they then finish a match (lowering the stack by 1 minute), they'd still have an extra 18 minutes of penalty next time they quit. A truly chronic ragequitter would eventually reach a penalty timer into the hours, and it would NOT EVER be reduced until they actually finish matches. So no just not playing Apex for a weekend and be absolved of your sins. Make the ONLY way to bring the timer down be by finishing matches.

To prevent griefers from picking up your banner and never respawning you, you should be allowed to quit without penalty 2-3 minutes after your banner has been grabbed. Even if the game crashes, a 3 minute ban should mostly have expired by the time the game is rebooted. If the SERVER crashes (or an error occurs), then that's something the game should be able to recognize and not punish the player for it. But anything other than issues the game recognizes? Penalty timer. This is to close off as many loopholes as possible, so even dashboarders would get hit by the penalty.

Again, this would be a very minimal penalty for those losing their net for a bit or have their game crash, with the penalty likely gone by the time they're back on, and only punish chronic quitters, those that quit more than a quarter of their games. If you quit more than 25% of the time? The penalty will slowly be increasing. Again, exact numbers can be changed to make it more/less lenient. Like only adding 2 minutes while a finished match removes 1, meaning you only need to finish two thirds of your games. Or adding 4 minutes, meaning you'd have to finish 80% of your games.

Thoughts?

Message 13 of 13 (147 Views)