Re: Pathfinder should be immune to caustics gas. He is a robot. Not human.

by Peri_Longbow_plz

Original Post

Pathfinder should be immune to caustics gas. He is a robot. Not human.

★★★★★ Novice

Immunity

Message 1 of 19 (1,020 Views)

@MajorEzekiel Funny thing is, I thought about that as well. Same for Revenant.
Message 2 of 19 (993 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@MajorEzekiel They already get a damage reduction, taking away the damage completely would over powered
Message 3 of 19 (984 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@MajorEzekiel Immune to gas and one-shot by EMP. Sounds fair enough.

Message 4 of 19 (941 Views)

@Zamaha400 Wanting to play a game of logic I see?

Considering the fact that Apex Legends takes place in year 2733, one can already assume that all robotics have extremely advanced surge protectors, and likely corrosion protected metals.

Besides, Caustic gas is... well... a gas. Without a respiratory system, it has literally no effect.

If we already bring logic, the estimated area of effect of an EMP is 25 meters. Since it doesn't kill organic life instantly even at point blank, chances are the power of an EMP is barely enough to disrupt electrical currents and energy fields (body shields), which is common for low-voltage strikes. Nowaday surge protectors can already block of 1.800 volts, 12 amps or 1000 joules, all are amounts that would put any organic life at a guaranteed death. 1 Amp is enough to kill a human if the electrical current goes through your body and passes your heart. Crypto's EMP however covers a whole area.

Crypto's EMP would therefor not even have a single Amp, and would be far from being able to disable robotics. Especially if we talk about the year we're in.

Besides, where is the damage reduction you're talking about? Last time I played caustic, that pathfinder took as much damage as the wraith did.
Message 5 of 19 (910 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Peri_Longbow_plz Zamaha here. I suppose this is what I get for lazily responding to a silly thought. I honestly doubt your use of "surge protectors" here and there are quite a few points to question in your post. (Question not necessarily challenge.) However I'm just not educated enough on the subject to discuss and it isn't worth researching.

I'm not sure what you're talking about with the damage reduction so I'll assume you're replying to someone else there.

Message 6 of 19 (879 Views)

★★★ Pro

@Peri_Longbow_plz 

Caustic gas is a corrosive substance that eats through skin, metal and clothing. Caustic wears clothing of a special formula which protects him from the negative effects.

This explains why Pathfinder, Revenant and Bloodhound are affected by the chemicals.

This isn't a theory at all, it has been confirmed by lead writer for Apex Legends Tom Casiello here:
https://twitter.com/tommiecas/status/1253161605736488961

So you were saying?

Message 7 of 19 (838 Views)

@CompleatBeet Logically speaking, this doesn't prove anything, nor does it make sense.

First of all, as I stated before, Pathfinder and Revenant takes as much damage as Wattson and Wraith do. Which doesn't make sense. Either the damage has to be lower for both, or the damage for every other organic legend has to be higher. No matter what substance you would take, pretty much every acidic substance would eat through flesh much quicker than through metal. Any other way would not make it an acid, but something else entirely (Bacteria, nanobot or parasite, likely)

Furthermore, any acid would stick to the surface and last for a while. With emphasis on "a while", because it doesn't disappear quickly at all.

Lastly... Since when is Bloodhound a robot?
Message 8 of 19 (828 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Peri_Longbow_plz Exactly, I don't know why anyone would disagree with your logic, and I'm pretty sure Bloodhound is an organic Legend not a Robotic Legend.
Message 9 of 19 (789 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@Peri_Longbow_plzSure, but lets not forget that Pathfinder is a robot and therefore cannot heal himself with syringes and medkits.

Message 10 of 19 (733 Views)