Pathfinder no reg

by JustDF1

Original Post

Pathfinder no reg

★★★★★ Apprentice

Even after the most recent patch to improve hit reg Pathfinder is still in some instances not taking damage or every other bullet is not doing any damage to him. He really needs to be disabled until a fix is found.

Message 1 of 18 (1,477 Views)

Re: Pathfinder no reg

★★ Guide
I cant agree more, paths are still beyond broken... hoped for a fix but now I am just sad
Message 2 of 18 (1,462 Views)

Community Manager

We're not aware of any plans to disable Pathfinder since the latest update and the team acknowledged there is still work to be done around hit registration, so we appreciate your patience and be sure to add more thoughts on the latest update here.

Blueberry.png
Message 3 of 18 (1,421 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry wrote:

We're not aware of any plans to disable Pathfinder since the latest update and the team acknowledged there is still work to be done around hit registration, so we appreciate your patience and be sure to add more thoughts on the latest update here.

The thing is the problem isn't to do with hit registration as none of the other characters have this issue.. it's after the patch that reduced Pathfinders hitbox was launched that this became a problem so if that can be reverted or he can be disabled until another update can be issued for his hitbox this will solve the problem. His current hitbox issue at times can be the difference between winning and losing a match i'm sure you can understand how incredibly frustrating that is for the person not playing as Pathfinder. It's at the point now where people are actually playing Pathfinder because they are aware of the bug and are abusing it to their advantage, is this something Respawn & EA are happy to just leave in the game for several months? 

Message 4 of 18 (1,405 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I cannot agree more, his hit reg seems to have gotten worse after this last patch.  I have over 200 + hours between PC, Xbox and PS4 and this latest patch is horrible.  If you are within 15 meters of Pathfinder his hit reg is nearly non existent and man has it frustrated the hell out of me.   This needs to be addressed because this game is slowly dying due to he LACK of Updates on known problems.  HORRIBLE battle-pass and immense amount of hackers....... Please just fix the game.  

Message 5 of 18 (1,379 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Because it is worse... I am so sad I cant ask for refund when I wasted money for this game in hopes it will be good... but the sad post launch and complete unpreparation, bugs and [Removed - CM] PATHFINDERS destroyed my will to ever even give the devs a cent... they dont deserve it... not after the last patch when they said that they will address the hitreg issue. I go from hey I wanna play apex mood to I despise this game because of pathfinders... this is not frustration, this is deep down sadness at this point

Message 6 of 18 (1,370 Views)

★ Guide

His hitbox definitely is inside his body around his appendages, but I believe that what makes it so op is the fact that it fits his body now, a body that is incredibly thin with no waist, large gaps between appendages and torso, a small head, and a 2d profile. Pair that with his buffed tactical which not only allows him to escape, heal, and reengage with no drawbacks, (unlike wraith, octane, and mirage), but also gives him the high ground in essentially every fight, as his grapple is so good he can go from the ground in skulltown and artillery to the roof. I think the reason that his kit and hitbox haven't been changed is because all the popular streamers use him when they play, and Respawn values their twitch audience over the actual player base. I attached a picture showing his hitbox with and without legendaries.

Message 7 of 18 (1,369 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I did a test in Training and his hit box is still for sure broken.  This head does not register you have to hit his "neck", his arms and legs hardly register and his torso is tiny.  Broken character.... 

Message 8 of 18 (1,288 Views)

★★ Novice

All of the legends need to have their hit boxes fixed on top of hit registration issues.  I've been testing out a few of them and the feel for how many shots you can take is like night and day

Message 9 of 18 (1,259 Views)

Pathfinder hit box

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Lce up
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Wraith
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Kings canyon
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Shooting directly at a still path finder
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 15
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 06/0219
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? I shoot a pathfinder directly on visually seeing the bullet impact
What should be happening instead? The enemy should take damage
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Shoot at a path finder with a single shot weapon

Respawn needs to completely revamp pathfinders but box. 

Message 10 of 18 (1,166 Views)