Pathfinder needs to be fixed and nerfed.

by xAethrra

Original Post

Highlighted

Pathfinder needs to be fixed and nerfed.

★★★ Novice

I just make this a quick one, due to the bunnyhop healing fix Pathfinder is the only character now that has a chance to clutch a 1v3 situation against good players. The only one that can escape with is grapple to safety or cover alot of ground to escape.

He has the best hitbox in the game because it is broken and most of your shots will miss. He has one of the shortest cooldown timer AND he has the best crosshair now that they added the circle in the middle. Hands down the most broken and strongest legend in the game to this day... needs a fix asap....

Message 1 of 37 (2,915 Views)

Re: Pathfinder needs to be fixed and nerfed.

★★★★ Apprentice

I don't mind him escaping with grapple, but the hitbox is really horrible. It is so hard to hit sometimes, like it would be a matrix movie and he can literally dodge every bullet.

Message 2 of 37 (2,822 Views)

★★★ Guide

Devs are just lazy, they don't even play the game because if they did they would instantly see how frustrating it is to fight pathfinder. 2 months of this crap broken hitbox in game.

Message 3 of 37 (2,817 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

His grapple and zipline need a huge nerf. 15 second cooldown is way too quick and pretty sure you can get his zipline every 2 minutes. This legend needs heavily nerfed with how easily he can get away and also how busted the hitbox is 

Message 4 of 37 (2,797 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Pathfinder doesn't need a nerf at all.  The holes in his upper thighs/hips need to be plugged, the things on his shoulders and arm need to be removed as they can't be hit.  The spools of wire on his shoulders SHOULDN'T be able to be hit, as otherwise - whats the point in not aiming for headshots and spraying?  You'd be guaranteed body shots even if you were wide of the head.

Re: his abilities getting nerfed - come off it.  Without the maneuverability he's instadead.  As someone who mained him before they changed the hitbox I remember what it was like to get rinsed by everyone just because of how massive he is.  When they fix the hitbox he's going to again be the tallest character with a hitbox literally twice the size of wraith and lifeline.  If his tactical is nerfed then he needs to have it countered with the damage reduction passive from gibbles or gasbag.  I personally think this is the wrong way to go.  Plug the holes in his hitbox - remove the fluff from around his head and arm and leave him alone.

[edit] - 90% of people's complaints about Pathfinders hitbox are just people moaning about having missed their shots.  I main pathfinder - I also fight pathfinders every single game like everyone else.  There's the odd moment of *, and it's exacerbated very badly by the fatboy skins as they use the exact same hitbox as the skinny models.

Message 5 of 37 (2,774 Views)

★★ Guide

You sound like someone that uses him all the time. Try playing against a pathfinder and you will see he just doesnt get hit when he suppossed to. Sometimes i even hit him and the bullets bounce off him with no damage

Message 6 of 37 (2,753 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

How does playing pathfinder mean that I'm not fighting AGAINST pathfinders :S What are you talking about?  The only way a person plays against pathfinder more (or less) is by playing the game more or less.  Since Feb 02nd I've put about 850 hours in.  Fought against a lot of robots.

The only way your shots don't hit when they should is if they hit one of the holes in the hitbox or some of the ancilliary fluff on his model.

On caustic models for instance : you can't hit him by shooting his gas bottle.  You can't hit other models on their jumpjet things on the backs of their waist.  You can check any of this by shooting your friends in a game around the edge of their models and seeing when you don't get bullet ricochets appearing.  Pathfinder has small holes in the underside of his hips and upper thighs.  You can't hit him on the hydraulic tank on his arm for the grappling hook, and he doesn't take damage from the wire spools on his shoulders.

He categorically SHOULDN'T take damage from two huge pylons on either side of his head because then as well as being one of the biggest characters - he would have bodyshot receptors around his head meaning there's no risk to aiming for headshots and shooting wide.

I want the holes in his hitbox filling, and I want his ancilliary fluff taking away from the models so that when you shoot something you can see - you hit it.

Message 7 of 37 (2,746 Views)

@xAethrra if you get the drop on him and lay into him he can still turn around and win the fight from his many shots go right through him. It's maddening
Message 8 of 37 (2,723 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Your opinion doesn't matter because you play a legend that has a severely broken hitbox. So when you fight other pathfinders,  you're on an even playing field. So abusing the hitbox and play another legend you coward

Message 9 of 37 (2,710 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@AdmiralTwitchyI've mained pathfinder from when his hitbox was larger than his player model. So basically mate, I'm one of a minority of players in this game who has played a legend who had a hitbox disadvantage. You play wraith, yeah?

I don't use one of the fat skins either.  There's no way I can continue playing my main any fairer than I am doing.

Message 10 of 37 (2,703 Views)