by LordloshBang

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Pathfinder is now weak.

★ Guide

No Pathfinder Buff........

Octane

• Tactical
    • Upon activation, Stim will remove movement impairing effects.
    • Stim sprinting speed is increased by 10%

Wraith

• While in Phase Walk, Wraith now gets a 30% move speed boost
  • While in Phase Walk, Wraith can now see other players while in the Void.
  • Phase Walk now lasts 4 seconds (from 3 seconds)
  • Phase walk cooldown is now down to 25 (from 35 seconds)

Now Tell me this, how is this fair for path mains ?

Message 1 of 23 (998 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Pathfinder is now weak.

★★★ Apprentice

Not a Path main and it seemed like a bit of an over correction to bring path more towards the middle,  And now with the extra squishiness of “low profile”, I wouldn’t call him unplayable, just have to be more conservative with his tactical kinda like other Legends. But I would like to see the grapple cool down brought  to like 29 seconds.  Miss those Spider-Man moments when you could push ahead of your squad and do some scouting and positioning, and with a slightly lower cool down you could still do that but still need to wait for back up to arrive because you can’t start a fight and then escape.  

And maybe they could turn down the limb damage for low profile down just a notch, not back to normal, just a notch to be one less damage on limbs so  to even it out some.

View in thread

Message 10 of 23 (855 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Pro

I think Pathfinder will get some love. But I got to say this. If the devs changed Path, the meta would not have changed like they want it to.

Message 2 of 23 (980 Views)

★ Guide

i will now main wraith ! :/ Path seems now useless the cool down is now super hard ! 

Message 3 of 23 (959 Views)

★★ Guide
@Supremest01 Because Pathfinder doesn't need a buff, he's balanced.
Message 4 of 23 (931 Views)

★★ Pro

@Supremest01 wrote:

No Pathfinder Buff........

Octane

• Tactical
    • Upon activation, Stim will remove movement impairing effects.
    • Stim sprinting speed is increased by 10%

Wraith

• While in Phase Walk, Wraith now gets a 30% move speed boost
  • While in Phase Walk, Wraith can now see other players while in the Void.
  • Phase Walk now lasts 4 seconds (from 3 seconds)
  • Phase walk cooldown is now down to 25 (from 35 seconds)

Now Tell me this, how is this fair for path mains ?

I will tell you how, but please first tell me how it was fair for every other legends except Wraith and Pathfinder, this 2 legends to be top 2 not only pick, but also top 2 legends in game, for 5 seasons, from the very beginning of the game?

Octane was utter garbage from the very beginning of his existent. How that was fair to him ? Yeah they buff him the right way half at the season 5. How is that fair to Octane players to be on low for so long?

So isn`t it fair now Wraith and Pathfinder to get out of the top 2 legends ?

I don`t see for what exactly you are complaining ? Pathfinder is the second most picked legend with 11.35%. His lowest pick rate during season 5 was 10% and he still was the second most picked legend ING.

This is a fact:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpAN6JhxE80&t=3s

Did you watch ALGS tournament? A lot of the teams were using Pathfinder. Albralelie one of the most recognizable still play his competitive gameplay with Pathfinder. He played Pathy at scrims and he played Pathy at ALGS.

Pathfinder grapple was extremely broken and Respawn let it like that for straight 4 season, they finally decide to bring him to the ground(with the others) and they double timed his CD.

Yet his grapple is still very strong, because all they nerf was the CD, not the distance, height and so on.

And if its hard for you to understand, Wraith actually get a rework to her tactical, which i said is a pure nerf. No more get out of this grenade, ultimate, incoming damage tool, which was a big, big thing for her.

She also get a nerf to her portal.

She also get a hidden nerf to her phase and portal speed in a season 5, yet most people did not understand that.

So the way i see it, its a pretty even ground.

They want to change the meta in competitive playing, so you have to adapt or perish, as they said.

I`m not happy Bangalore is bang average for so long time, but it is what it is.

Message 5 of 23 (915 Views)

★★ Expert
@LordloshBang The Wraith tactical rework mainly just prevents people from using it whenever, and forces them to use it as a reposition tool. It does give you 30% move speed as well, so that’s good.
Message 6 of 23 (910 Views)

★★ Pro

Yeah but you wont be able to get away with stuff you was able to get away before. I don`t like this to be fair. If i`m a Wraith main and you let me choose what tactical to get i will get the previous version without a doubt. What will be your choice?

Message 7 of 23 (887 Views)

★ Guide
@LordloshBang as @Sir_Named siad What wraith got is a rework, preventing people from using it whenever, as you feel bad for the rework for wraith, as a path main i feel the same, Playing with path is now a lot situational, for example in Worlds edge map in town path can escape even with 35 sec cool down but in a open map like King.C it's quite impossible now, No Path is asking much, just taking even a 5 sec off seems a lot in a fight, and wraith and path are meta as they have good escape plan if one can use them efficiently, but what percentage of player are at that level ? maybe in 10 games you will meet a Pro Path player who can destroy teams easy. Old path player changed to Wraith, that's seem the next logical step. Again i am saying like you don't like the Wraith changes, so do i, i hope you understand.
Message 8 of 23 (877 Views)

★ Guide
@S8N_Spawn he is weak now, 35 sec cool down is a bit too much even a 5 sec cut is a lot !
Message 9 of 23 (875 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Not a Path main and it seemed like a bit of an over correction to bring path more towards the middle,  And now with the extra squishiness of “low profile”, I wouldn’t call him unplayable, just have to be more conservative with his tactical kinda like other Legends. But I would like to see the grapple cool down brought  to like 29 seconds.  Miss those Spider-Man moments when you could push ahead of your squad and do some scouting and positioning, and with a slightly lower cool down you could still do that but still need to wait for back up to arrive because you can’t start a fight and then escape.  

And maybe they could turn down the limb damage for low profile down just a notch, not back to normal, just a notch to be one less damage on limbs so  to even it out some.

Message 10 of 23 (856 Views)