Pathfinder Feels Useless.

by tooLuc1d

Original Post

Re: Pathfinder Feels Useless.

★★ Apprentice

Yes you can't use him without foloiwing an youtube guide, in fact idk how i could use him at all so far, i think it was all a dream

Message 11 of 34 (653 Views)

★ Novice

Maybe change his passive to unveil the number of players when 3 squads remain and activating a beacon. Nothing huge but it's something. The idea of a folded zip line position is also pretty lit

Message 12 of 34 (627 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I agree
Message 13 of 34 (611 Views)

★ Guide

I just don't agree at all. 

I can get at least 3-6 zip-lines per match, if not more. I get my team to high ground, to flank positions, to escape positions, to aggressively attack, etc. 
(Great example yesterday, my team versus 2 enemies across the water, on high ground. I hit them each once for 125 with Klaber sniper. I announced I hit them, placed zip line and told my team to push. Me and teammate rode zip-line in, finished them off, won match)

I grapple to quickly loot places, to launch/slide myself further, to get out of danger or to close the gap on an enemy and PeaceKeep him down. Grapple has so many uses that anytime I am forced to play another character, I feel so slow and useless. 

His passive works best when you are playing as a team and brainstorming how to advance to the next circle and guessing the avenues of approach of your enemies. 

I NEVER worry about getting in the circle with Pathfinder, never worry about mobility and feel pretty confident fighting because I can outmaneuver quickly my opponents. 

Message 14 of 34 (602 Views)

Community Manager

@odieman1231 wrote:

His passive works best when you are playing as a team and brainstorming how to advance to the next circle and guessing the avenues of approach of your enemies. 

I had a game recently where it was down to the last few squads and we used his passive (Survey Beacon) at the very end. It felt like we had the advantage because we were already waiting for the opposing teams to get into our zone (you know, a king of the hill type of situation). We set up the zip line behind us so we could quickly get up and down from the ground to the building rooftop. We all dropped off the behind the building so they could see us, but didn't realize we zipped right back up. Needless to say, it caught them off guard. It was fun, friends! 

I think every Legend has points in the game when they're exceptionally useful and it's hard to compare one Legend to another. The Survey Beacon might not be that useful at the beginning in the game compared to some other abilities, but late game it made the difference for us in becoming Champions for that match. 

There are indeed some incredible grapple videos out there though. If anyone hasn't given them a look yet it can really change your outlook on Pathfinder. I remember when the game first came out he was hardly selected. Then the grapple videos emerged and I'm personally seeing more and more players take him on as a featured Legend. 

Grappling is just so much fun to do too. Standard smile

Blueberry.png
Message 15 of 34 (591 Views)

★ Guide

@xTak-0x wrote:
There’s basically no reason to play Pathfinder, since you can pretty much replace his role with Wraith. Flanking is easier with her vanish, instead of the grapple, and traveling large distances is much better since you can do it in under a second and without taking damage with her ultimate. Pathfinder just feels like Wraith Lite.

Disagree, Wraith has to actually walk the path to set up a portal, while pathfinder's zip line lets the team close in at once. Personally i don't see much use in wraith's portal and prefer the zip line, especially since it allows you to reach places the portal can't.

Message 16 of 34 (568 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

You should first learn how to properly use his graple and then complain.  Seriously, watch some videos, it helped me a lot. If anything I would complain his graple takes to long too recharge.

Message 17 of 34 (538 Views)

★ Apprentice

My only complaint is his passive.  Barely useful,  on top of needing to seek out those beacons to interact with them. 

It should be changed tbh. Totally scrapped. 

Message 18 of 34 (518 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

i think since he's "support" he should be able to zip allies away who are down or something.  But yeah, knowing where the circle is, just isn't that much of an advantage because the only ones that matter is like the last 2 and you rarely see a thing to hack, and if you do your risking a lot.  Perhaps every antenna he hacks he get's a passive buff too of some kind? Faster cooldown on abilities? Faster Ult charge maybe? Something to play around with.

but the OP is so wrong on him being useless. His tactical abilities is literally the best mobility tools in the game.  People just don't know how to use it.  If you are good with this he becomes A+ tier. Only not an S because his passive isn't always useful at all times of the game like Wraith and Bangladores are.

I also would like if his ult was "less buggy" and had less restrictions on where to zip. 

Perhaps a QOL change on his tactical ability having a visual indicator that your in range to hook something.

Message 19 of 34 (513 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I was feeling same way but after playing some more games. I find out that hes actually fine if you master his Q.

His Q is really awesome when you master it. His Ulti also helps you a lot of in the situations. And generally i can tell you that PathFinder is a positional advanced legend. So that means its for Sniper mains like me. I go high areas easily and change position even easier.

His passive is useless because you can actually estimate that where ring will be closing in apprx. But i know that it is designed to get a good position as a sniper main legend. But well there could be a better passive or some added-more to his passive.
Message 20 of 34 (449 Views)