Re: Over Buffing the "Least Played" to force players to play them DOES

by Igeere1

Original Post

Over Buffing the "Least Played" to force players to play them DOESN'T WORK

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Nerfing Pathfinder while OVER buffing all other characters to basically FORCE us to play the "least played" Legends is rididulous.

I think it actually puts off a lot of people because we ENJOYED playing with say our Main Boi Pathfinder, that's what we liked about the game and why we liked the game.

Now he's not as fun, so why would we want to play legends we are just completely and totally uninterested in?

This is such a troublesome mentality for developers to have I think. 
 Trying to REMOVE fun from your game, and forcefully incentivise players to play characters they don't want to play doesn't work.
 Players like that will just NOT PLAY your game.

So please stop with the fun killing nerfs. 
Buff the others, but NEVER nerf the fun 🙄

FUN is why we play.
And I think players will have a very negative reaction overall to being told by so many nerfs and buffs all the time what they should or shouldn't like to play.

They already liked your game... why on Earth would you destroy those aspects of it 😑
I don't get it.
And no, I won't play Bloodhound or Crypto or Gibby. EVER.
I have 300+ kills on all of them, so I've tried them and they are completely uninteresting to me and MANY others no matter how many buffs you give them. 

Keep nerfing the ones people like and those people won't play the "least played", instead they won't play ANY legends at all.
Keep that in mind please 🙏

Also: 

About Season 6 Changes to Pathfinder + SUGGESTED changes - Skill Loadouts & certain Destructible walls

10 second decrease on his Ult from using beacons... 
Did anyone actually playtest this? 
It's a shooter game... we don't want to spend time doing things like this 6 times EVERY game for a maximum of 60 second ultimate cooldown rate. People will try this, realize it's not fun to chase beacons instead of playing the actual game (which is about SHOOTING).

Why are you building your game to be about this kind of stuff and things like crafting? 
Your game needs to be focused on what will elevate and rejuvinate main focus of the game: the gunplay and tactics. 
Like say skill loadouts for all legends or certain destructible walls of buildings etc. 

Let us blow out a wall of certain materials on all building structures with nades, like say base floor walls on Sorting, while steel beams and base structure remains. This + Alternate Skill Loadouts for Legends and Boosted Skills (sacrificing one skill to boost anothers power or cooldown) would be much better additions. 

Message 1 of 7 (521 Views)

★★★ Guide
@MetrOopsdin
Pathfinder still has second highest usage statistics.
Pathfinder still has second highest win statistics.
Yes pathfinder needs a new passive.
Yes beacons take too long to use.

If you genuinely don't have fun playing pathfinder right now and would rather not play than try other legends or play path nobody can help you but you.

Your opinion about boring legends is just that, your opinion. It's not fact, its your thoughts, and people don't have to share them. But the thing is if they removed all other legends from the game, then it would be a "boring game" indeed. Also if everyone picked pathfinder, you wouldn't get to play him as much, or by the sounds of it you would leave matches when someone else takes him. Try playing Titanfall 2 and have fun grappling and flying like crazy.

Crafting is an amazing addition to the game when you want to find specific loot in the map and know exactly where to look.
Crafting helps you get gear even when you can't find any.
Crafting lets you do something productive when you can't find anyone to kill.

Crafting is a healthy addition to the game.

Skill layouts for every legends would be insanely hard to balance and would break the game. They already have enough difficulty balancing the EXISTING characters, giving them more things to balance is bad. More broken characters is bad. Are they a bit biased towards the robot? Yes. But just like the wraith changes (which turns out was a * buff) it hasn't curbed his win rate or pick rate.

The day where all I ever see in Apex is pathfinder, wraith and lifeline in every single squad? Is the day the game has died and I have stopped playing. Balancing less used legends / less powerful ones takes priority over THE STRONGEST AND MOST USED TRINITY TEAM.
Message 2 of 7 (409 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Stats are broken and the game is starting to become bad because devs are basing their nerf/buffs/reowrks on that, path has good stats because he is impossible to play for new players so he is only played by high tier players who never looses 1 grapple. Anda lege.d that has all of his ability based on movements but having those movemnts nerfed whil having a pretty much large hit box with the low profile, is a problem.

He also has good stats because he is not played that much, and getting played by very good players while not having that much people playing him for sure increase stats. I don't even think respawn has game testers tbh, for multiple reasons one of them being that they added a skin that literally allows you to get ghost hitted, and it took about a week to fix that... For a skin...

Message 3 of 7 (400 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@MonhulioI think path increased cooldown didn’t really do much for him. It nerfed him but only slightly and like he said making him less fun. You can’t really grapple whenever you’d like because you never know when a team will rush you and don’t have your tactical ready. Honestly I think an interesting buff to him to make him more fun and make his passive better is to make so it reduce 5 seconds off his tactical and 20 seconds off his ult when you use a survey beacon. This way you have to do something to make him much better.

Message 4 of 7 (380 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@Igeere1
The dev's have always based their patches based on stats. It's why characters get nerfs AND BUFFS.

A high pick rate means that he is picked second MOST often out of all legends. Your idea about stats is flawed there friend. He can't "not be played much" while having "second highest pick rate of all legends" that's not how it works. Out of the hundreds of matches a day, he is picked 11.5% of the time. Case and point, the only one higher than him is Wraith at 12.3%. An example would be out of 10000 matches played in a day 1150 of those have a pathfinder on someones team. That's a huge play rate.

@BBY_YOD4
I agree, they went a bit overboard on his cooldown nerf to his grapple, and the 10 second cooldown gain per beacon, needing 6 beacons to hit max cooldown buff is really quite bad.

I agree with both your statements of 5 seconds off tactical and changing ult cooldown buff to 20s per beacon with a max of 3 beacons. Using 6 beacons in a match is ludicrous.

What I think they should do for his new passive when they finally do give him one is make it so that when he spots someone they are revealed with threat detection for a short while, seeing as he is recon and technically the only reacon without any spotting capabilities.

Message 5 of 7 (352 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I personally have always loved making full use of Pathfinder's Passive- It really helps stage ambushes and getting the team set in a strategic location. The 10 second decrease to his Zipline's cooldown and its recharge upon using a beacon... isn't NOT useful, in my opinion. But it does make me more worried about seeing a ton of ziplines Everywhere. It's an object that can be created in the game-world and can't be destroyed, nor does it have a "time limit" or limit to how many can be created. This makes me worried that the Zipline Ultimate will have a "time limit" like Wattson's Ultimate now.

But yeah... if these buffs really were just an incentive to play underplayed Legends; That's not really the way to go about it. Players (such as myself) already have success with every Legend. To have these "unpopular" Characters buffed- only makes things way more stronger for those players who were already taking advantage. Does anyone feel the same?

Message 6 of 7 (348 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Well the stats are broken as I said I mean you are kinda right but on the other side he is picked by a lot of newbie who just like his personality, I started maining path because he is a robot, robot are so cool!

Witb that being said stats are still broken because of this and the fact that he is picked by really good players and newbie, kinda weird sayin that, wich means he has good winrate and good pickrate. and not only this but you will think, dude he can't be picked by newbie, being hard to play and have a good winrate, and let me tell you, newbies, especially on free games, are not allways new to the game, smurfs and cheater are destroying stats and that's why I think they shiuldn't base their nerf/buff on stats but more on players feedbacks.

Yes players are giving bad ideas, but there is a lot of good ideas out there, and Resoawn should def try to make a new patch note based on palyers and game testers, if they have game testers, Feedbacks. Just for one patch note, please

Message 7 of 7 (345 Views)