Re: Octane stim shooting with pistols?

by oddity_oaks

Original Post

Octane stim shooting with pistols?

Has there always been that much recoil? I just started using him again recently so it's been awhile but has there always been that much recoil while using side arms? I can even see what I'm shooting at it kicks up so much 

Message 1 of 7 (822 Views)

★★ Expert
@chiefthunderball What pistols?
The Wingman and Mozambique have little recoil.
The re-45 is basically r-99, but worse.
The p2020 also doesn’t have that much recoil.
You shouldn’t be having too much trouble.
Message 2 of 7 (796 Views)

@Sir_Named Mainly p20 with and without hammer points. The 45 doesn't do it as much but the p20 seems ridiculously dramatic but just while I'm stiming
Message 3 of 7 (778 Views)

★★ Expert
@chiefthunderball I don’t know, that might just be you. The p2020 does have relatively high recoil for a pistol, but when compared to other guns it is pretty tame. I’m not sure what is happening, but maybe some bug on your end?
Message 4 of 7 (776 Views)

★★★ Novice

The added pistol recoil you're having with octane while stimming is because pistols have two recoil animations, one for shooting one handed and one for shooting with both hands. If I remember correctly you should also have the same recoil animations with pistols while shooting with gibralter's arm shield up, or when aiming down sights and firing a pistol with any legend while you're on a zip line.

Message 5 of 7 (760 Views)

@oddity_oaks never use Gibby but thanks for the info. I just noticed it recently with octane so I was curious if that's new or always been there haha
Message 6 of 7 (701 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah, it's always been there as far as i remember, but I think it only really affects the semi automatic pistols, I've never had problems with the RE-45 while stimmed, but it's so dramatic that i tend not to take the wingman if i'm playing gibby or octane.

Message 7 of 7 (687 Views)