Octane buff that will make him S tier

by djmitchell2001

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Octane buff that will make him S tier

★★★★★ Novice

Octane is my favorite legend, and will always be because I just love his speed gameplay. But he's supposed to be the fastest legend but other legend abilities simply do better. This buff will make him unique and even playable in the big leagues. Please feel free to leave comments if anything seems too op.

1. His passive. I got basically two ideas for his passive. 

Swift mend: Octane constantly regens health overtime (even when taking damage/using stim)

Or

Swift mend: Octane restores health overtime (but the speed is buffed to 1:1 instead of 1:2)

Personally I like the 2nd one better since I do think it's kinda too slow, especially when you wanna keep using your tactical. 

2. His tactical. This is the main change that needs to happen since most characters beat his tatical, and here is my idea.

Stim: Move 40% faster (or a speed that guarantees he goes faster than everyone) for 6 seconds. Cost health to use. Cannot be slowed (absolutely can not be slowed during stim, but it's balanced since he still needs to use health to use his tactical. Meaning Watson's traps, grenades, caustic's traps, etc do not slow him when he is on stim, this should also allow him to run while strafing so he's hard to hit while stimmed)

3. His ultimate needs to be more unique. Currently Wraith's portal and pathfinder's Zipline completely beats octane's jump pad. So here's how it'll be as useful. Not to say it's useless it just needs to be reworked. 

Launch Pad: Deploy a Launch Pad that catapults users in the air (his jump pad can make them go very high with buff). Press the jump button again to activate a double jump to the direction you are going making you go higher and farther. (This way, you don't have to be an easy target in the air and go on high buildings along with your team. It now can compete with Wraith's and Pathfinder's ult, or be used aggressively and flank enemies or even defensively along with good transportation).

Secondary passive idea (like fortified and low profile).

This is not my idea but here's 3 options.

Speed Demon: No reduction to movement speed while holding a weapon 

Speed Demon: Able to shoot while running.

Or

Speed Demon: Able to shoot while running and no reduction to speed while holding a weapon 

Personally I think the 3rd option is a little too op but I rather have the first option. But this change would definitely make octane an S tier legend.

Message 1 of 12 (8,716 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Octane buff that will make him S tier

★★★★★ Guide
@djmitchell2001 I like your ideas, Octane is supposed to be the fast guy but he is just too slow compared to most legends. For passive I believe health regeneration should be a little bit faster. For tactical make him run 30% faster when using his stim but make him run even more faster (40%) if Octane run in single direction. Lastly I agree with your ultimate change and the ability to run and fire but him having reduction to bullets slow effect makes him a little bit op. Maybe this can be balanced by giving him low profile perk?

View in thread

Message 2 of 12 (8,696 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Guide
@djmitchell2001 I like your ideas, Octane is supposed to be the fast guy but he is just too slow compared to most legends. For passive I believe health regeneration should be a little bit faster. For tactical make him run 30% faster when using his stim but make him run even more faster (40%) if Octane run in single direction. Lastly I agree with your ultimate change and the ability to run and fire but him having reduction to bullets slow effect makes him a little bit op. Maybe this can be balanced by giving him low profile perk?
Message 2 of 12 (8,697 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

That's true, I just thought it'd be weird since he has to take health away from himself but still have 5% incoming damage

Message 3 of 12 (8,688 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@djmitchell2001 Yes but imagine going against a good Octane with the mentioned buffs, Since it wouldn't be easy to shoot him then your shots should deal more damage. Sounds fair to me.
Message 4 of 12 (8,673 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

True. Then he can get that too.

Message 5 of 12 (8,669 Views)

★★★ Pro
@djmitchell2001 Has to be faster than 40%.

40% Seems fast on paper but isnt since you sacrifing health.

45% or 50%
Since speed is the only thing Octane has going for him.
Message 6 of 12 (8,520 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@djmitchell2001 I think the jump pad idea would fit great Into the game. If octane could control himself in the air, he would have been so much more fun.
Message 7 of 12 (8,227 Views)

★★★ Novice

like it

Message 8 of 12 (8,183 Views)

★★ Apprentice

These ideas are great! I have mained Octane since S3 and have been looking for some good ideas.. 

The ultimate idea that you suggest sounds amazing, that alone would make Octane much better. 

His tactical definitely needs a buff, I think 50% would be about perfect for the character who is literally in the game to run fast lol.

His passive should definitely be 1:1 or if possible 1:1.5 so its not too fast, not too slow like it is now

The secondary passive idea is great too, definitely a ton of possibilities there.

Message 9 of 12 (8,020 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I like your ideas because not one thing you mentioned will anger current Octane players. If you reworked him and changed everything up (abilities wise), Octane players would be bound to be unhappy with some of the things changed. Thanks.

Message 10 of 12 (7,804 Views)