Re: OCTANE BUFF PLEASE

by ADM-REIxSUPREMO

Original Post

★★★★★ Guide
@ADM-REIxSUPREMO They didn't put it in the patch notes because there is no nerf dude..

Yes, I know about all 3 of those points you just mentioned.

In regards to the 3rd point - it needs to be timed PERFECTLY or it won't work. I have tried to do the 3rd type of jump and failed because I timed it wrong.

However, I did just test this in the firing range. And the 3rd jump type doesn't work anymore. Since there was no mention in the patch notes, this was probably considered a bug and falls under bug patches.

I would agree, this was kind of nice, but nobody really knew of it so I don't think this jump on jump pad mechanic was intentional (there were times I would do it and it acted like my head hit a roof and immediately dropped me back to the ground)

So I wouldn't call this a nerf, but a change that needs explaining. I really don't think the 3rd jump type from your list was an intentional thing, and fell under "bugs".
Message 11 of 17 (381 Views)

★★★ Guide
@SolitaryMassacre Octane was the first legend of the seasons, and if the jump twice as high was a bug, it was just respawn to remove that bug only in season 7, after so long playing with him, now the supreme octane is useless for many situations , he doesn’t climb any more.

need a buff, or some changes.
Message 12 of 17 (373 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@ADM-REIxSUPREMO My buddy is an Octane main and he said the same thing. Because I play with him so much when he mentioned it I did feel like I wasn't going as high as usual.
Message 13 of 17 (358 Views)

★ Apprentice

Why not double jump?  I don't get it is there a youtube video or some sort of this bug.. I'm interested to see how this was better than double jumping..

Message 14 of 17 (342 Views)

★★ Expert
@Seifenst1 Octane already has a double jump after using the jump pad.
I think what happened is there is either a bug or they removed the extra high jump you can do.
Message 15 of 17 (333 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Seifenst1 The third jump type in ADM's post, right before launching on the jump pad you could press jump, this made the initial launch heckin far. In addition, you still had the boost once in the air. You could cover decent ground this way.

But, like I said, I don't think that was intentional and was fixed under "bugs" patches. I would like it brought back or at least make this the default (would cause problems in his little play area on the one map who's name I can't remember)
Message 16 of 17 (290 Views)

★ Guide

It's a bug, the devs came out and said they were trying to buff the jump-pad so you didn't have to hold jump for a super jump = instead it would be by default, and sliding into it gave you more distance than height. They were trying to improve Octane's QOL, but instead a bug occurred instead.

Message 17 of 17 (277 Views)