Re: No Wraiths Portals Outside the Ring?

by Sir_Named

Original Post

No Wraiths Portals Outside the Ring?

★★ Novice

Wraith's portals disappear  in just a few seconds when used outside the ring......why not just let path finders zip lines dissolve outside the ring too?  I feel like there was no reason for this, if a wraith is setting a portal to get her team inside the ring, chances are her team is already pretty damaged when they do make it out......if this nerf was because of the ability to set a portal into the ring to loot death boxes (that your team probably worked for and deserved the loot in the boxes anyway) i think its honestly kind of ridiculous. Wraith isn't that powerful anymore compared to other legends. Allow her to portal outside the ring please. 

Message 1 of 14 (4,023 Views)

★★ Guide
@Mii4lyfe
The reason for the nerf was because people would use the ult to delay their death during the final ring. It was considered too op b/c you could delay the death for seconds (which was enough to become champ automatically). Now was this the best option? In my opinion no, but I honestly can't think of any other option that isn't too convoluted.
Message 2 of 14 (3,988 Views)

★★ Expert
@Mii4lyfe They added this to prevent people from just going in portals to prevent ring damage in lategame. Since you can't take damage while traveling through the portals, people had been using it to avoid damage from the zone.
Also, it still is there for 4 seconds before it disappears, so if you have teammates who need to go though it, they can. It also won't disappear if you have one end inside the ring.
Message 3 of 14 (3,985 Views)

★★ Pro

You are such a lazy and biased kid, you know that?
Using Wraith portal, makes you invulnerable to any damage, even to zone one, yet Pathfinder zipline doesn`t do that, you still take the zone damage and any damage from enemies, you get that?

You should`ve check before making a whole thread, why they did this, and there is a BIG reason for that.

You Wraith players was used to abuse so many mechanics that shouldn`t be allowed to use in the first place, you are spoiled and now you cry literally for everything.

They still gives you 4 seconds, which is plenty of time.

And pls explain me, compare to what exactly legends, Wraith isn`t that powerful anymore?

Compare to Octane, Mirage, Bangalore, Bloodhound, Crypto, Caustic, Lifeline, Revenant ?

I`m watching almost every of the tournaments out there, and Wraith is picked in every single game. She still have the best escape mechanism, and best ultimate for the rotation, which is a must. She is still a top 2 pick.

She just isn`t as broken/OP as before, and she shouldn`t be like that from the very beginning. Enough is enough.

Other legends needs their time to come.

If you can`t play her anymore, you have 11 more legends to choose from.

Message 4 of 14 (3,938 Views)

★★ Novice
@Adendon I have seen that move being pulled often and youre right, it isnt a fair move....but why didnt they just set it so that you cant portal after round 6,7, or 8? not like you really need the portal anymore at that point anyway?
Message 5 of 14 (3,913 Views)

★★ Novice
@Sir_Named I get that it stays open for 4 seconds but honestly, if a teammate is using a syringe or a med kit at the time (which is often) 4 seconds isn't enough time because they're traveling too slow.
Message 6 of 14 (3,911 Views)

★★ Novice
@LordloshBang Lazy? Biased? Kid? Its a game bro, relax. You're probably one of the players that criticizes a new player and discourages them from playing the game again. I'm not responding to any of your questions or concerns because clearly you have some negative communication perceptions and you're disrespectful.
Message 7 of 14 (3,903 Views)

★★ Expert
@Mii4lyfe 4 seconds is enough time. They can't do too much more, or else exploit. If 4 seconds isn't enough, idk, but they can't really extend it.

Also, no portal after round 6? That'd be terrible for Wraith. You can still use it lategame, especially for repositioning.
Message 8 of 14 (3,863 Views)

★★ Novice
@Sir_Named Tbh I'm not sure how big or small the ring is after round 6 I just meant in general closer to the end of the game when the ring is too small for wraiths portal to be effective you know? but i get what you're saying in terms of only being able to keep the portal open for 4 seconds.
Message 9 of 14 (3,856 Views)

@LordloshBang instead of nerfing legends to death they need to improve the lesser picked ones to make them more valuable and worth chosing. I play wraith not just because she's got useful abilities but because she's fun. Mirage would be my main if his abilities could stack up. But dumbing down a legend to fit lower tiers isn't the way to go. Buff the low tierd to live up and compete. Nerfing makes people not want to play their favorite picks which makes them not want to play their game. Wraith's portal fix was needed for sure but it's a slippery slope to just keep nerfing and nerfing
Message 10 of 14 (3,843 Views)