New Finisher for Octane

by SorryWeDied

Original Post

New Finisher for Octane

★ Guide

Octane needs a new finisher! I have a few ideas. As an Octane main, I'm all about his aggressive play style and in-and-out quick nature. I absolutely love it. But his finishers just aren't up to the task, I think. I think he needs a new finisher that's just badass. Finishers I liked a lot were Wraith's "Into The Light" and "Existential Crisis," or Lifeline's "Ajay's Lullabye." Even Bloodhound's "With Honor" finisher just makes me tingle and think "God damn, that's so cool." But I feel like the finishers are getting more and more underwhelming, with Wattson and Crypto and Octane. A boring finisher just doesn't sit right for me with Octane. We need something stunning. Maybe he runs circles around them kicking up gray dust and punches them in the head. Or maybe he uses stim on the opponent and holds them down as they writhe, glowing green, and then grow still. Or maybe he appears with jump pads on either side of the opponent and jumps over them, bouncing back and forth while laughing and then finally lands on their shoulders, strangling them. I don't know, I just want more energy and a finisher that really makes me say "God damn that's awesome." Because right now, I don't want any of Octane's finishers. And he's my favorite character.

Message 1 of 7 (751 Views)

Re: New Finisher for Octane

★★★ Pro

He will get a new finisher in 2020. Just need to wait.

1. Bangalore
  2. Octane
  3. Wattson
  4. Crypto 

This list above is the order that legends will most likely get new finishers. Mirage needed one too and he got one. Bangalore is most likely next if I'm being honest. 

Message 2 of 7 (718 Views)

★★★ Novice

having him inject them with multiple stims and then having the opponent seize out on the ground.

Message 3 of 7 (576 Views)

★★ Expert
@SorryWeDied

He could stab them with the syringe then chuck them on the jump pad and they would get launched
Message 4 of 7 (552 Views)

★★★ Pro

I think we're getting new Finishers for Season 5. There was a hidden Hotfix that I believe happened on April 22nd, 2020. Doing a Finisher will give you the extra 100 damage you could get for thirsting a knockdown down enemy. Before, finishers didn't give you that extra damage. But with this change, there's a reason you can do finishers and also refill your shield health.

It's not mentioned in the patch notes but you can test it yourself. Land on someone, kill them and finish them. Leave the lobby and your damage will be 200 (100+100=200).

I'm happy for this as I own a few of the faster finishers in this game. I would also buy exclusive finishers if they are added. 

Message 5 of 7 (513 Views)

★★ Guide
@Leo_the_Lion25 Are there finishers that are faster than others? Cause if so I'd feel like that'd be slightly unbalanced. I.e. if the default finisher is 5 seconds, but an exclusive finisher is 3 seconds, that's giving an advantage to players who can afford to pay for it.
Message 6 of 7 (476 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Adendon There are finishers that are fast, default and long.

Times vary from 4/5/6 seconds.

I can tell you that the fast ones are both of Wattson's finishers, Lifeline's stab in the head, Pathfinder where he high fives you.

The default ones are usually all the stander finishers at 5 seconds excluding Bangalore. For some reason, Bangalore first finisher is like 5.5. seconds.

The long ones at 6 seconds are both of Mirage finishers that you need to buy, Gibby sitting on you, Wraith punching you, and Caustic punching you.

I am not sure about Revenant but I assume both of his are 5 seconds for default.
Message 7 of 7 (450 Views)